It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are whites scared to vote black.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by russell b. garrard

Don White, you say "I have labeled people like ...Condo [sic] Rice as cannibals. Because they 'eat' their own kind to get ahead." Don, now by what conceivable grounds do you say that Rice is a 'cannibal' but Powell is not? Is it because Powell had issues with the Bush/Rumsfeld Iraq policy while Rice has not, at least publicly? Other than that, their profiles are amazingly similar. Both are black Republicans and super-achievers with compelling personal stories, who rose to serve as Secretary of State under GW Bush.

Simple. Colin was qualified. Condo is not. I dispute she is a super achiever.

She got both her WH jobs because she was black. To get ahead, she has cheerfully consented to be “used” by whites in this case GOPs. She has 5 books bearing her name - from her UC days where it’s publish or perish - but 4 of the books are co-authored. Which in layman’s terms means she paid someone to write the book. Aside: once she claimed to have a ‘special connection’ to the 16th Street Baptist Church, but it turns out she was only 3 years when the 4 much older girls were murdered. She dropped that one.

I will give her this much: She is smarter than or as smart as George W Bush. Often called Dumbya by his friends.

[edit on 1/19/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not a super-achiever??? Let's see...graduated cum laude from University of Denver at age 19. Youngest ever provost, Stanford University. National Security Advisor, Secretary of State.

Where did you get your mistaken notion that co-authorship equals ghost authorship. What is your evidence that she paid someone? What is your evidence that Bush appointed her because she was black. Any evidence? Or are these just more of baseless, McCarthyite allegations?

And please, show a tiny bit of respect by spelling her name correctly.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by russell b. garrard

. . University of Denver at age 19. Youngest ever provost, Stanford University. National Security Adviser, Secretary of State.

UD is not Wellesley or Harvard. She hit Stanford at just the right time. Hey, half of success in life is pure luck. I would not brag about Iraq's WMD advice. And she sure has not set the world on fire flittering about like a butterfly. Offering sophomoric advice to heavyweights.

Why is it not appropriate to use CONDO when her name is Condoleezza Rice?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why use "Condo" when she spells it "Condi?" Is it a lame attempt to make fun, or just you being a poor speller? It's not a huge issue, but why not spell her name right?

I ask again, what is the evidence that Bush brought her on because she was black? And what is the evidence that she paid someone to ghost-write her book. Do you have any, or are you floating a smear?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Poverty pimps like Jackson and Sharpton are the real racists that don't want Obama to win because it would only show that many Whites casted their votes for a Black candidate. Al and Jesse want nothing more than to keep their people down by constantly telling them they have no opportunity.

I was seriously considering voting for him until it was revealed he does not follow proper protocol during the singing of the National Anthem. Yeah some may say this is no big thing and should not be an issue, and I partly agree but at the same time this is a slap in the face to all all Americans that died for his right to behave that way.

Plus he just may be Muslim sleeper agent.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Well Don, it appears that you cannot back up your smears with any evidence. I think you at least should be man enough to apologize for calling Condoleezza Rice a 'cannibal.' It occurs to me that if (say) Ronald Reagan had called (say) Jesse Jackson that, Dems would have launchd a high pitched scream to break all the glass from here to Tierra del Fuego.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yep, it would appear that Don not man enough

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Poverty pimps like Jackson and Sharpton are the real racists that don't want Obama to win because it would only show that many Whites cast their votes for a Black candidate.

Blacks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have paved the way for the more sophisticated Barack Obama. Barack does not impress me as having the personality it took for the likes of Jesse and Al to do their essential trail blazing work. And they in turn walked in the footsteps of all the black heroes of the 1960s. Like Congresswoman Shirley Chisolm and others. Comes quick to mind Maxine Waters and Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton of W-DC. They took the lumps, the slurs, the insults that is making it possible for (white) people to listen to Barack seriously.

I was seriously considering voting for him until it was revealed he does not follow proper protocol during the singing of the National Anthem.

Just put me down for not buying that.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Blacks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have paved the way for the more sophisticated Barack Obama. Barack does not impress me as having the personality it took for the likes of Jesse and Al to do their essential trail blazing work.

It is obvious that Obama is keeping his distance from Jackson.
Maybe Barack should be blasted for "not keeping it real"

Recent interview:
AMY GOODMAN: So you would go out on the campaign trail for Barack Obama if he asked you to?

REV. JESSE JACKSON: Well, I would have to discuss that with him. He has not asked me to. That’s not an issue for me, frankly. My issue right now is—

AMY GOODMAN: Has he asked you not to?

REV. JESSE JACKSON: No. And I tell you that I respect the distance he is trying to create for his own strategic purposes, and I accept that.

AMY GOODMAN: What is that? Why is that?

REV. JESSE JACKSON: I don’t know.

Here is another link

Obama's reluctance to address the issue of race is probably why it took so darn long for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to say a handful of kind words about him. Black southerners don't trust Obama because he's eager to move past the race issue whilst they're still living with it.

Ultimately, though, Barack won the brief affection of Jesse Jackson. I say brief because as recent as this week, an associate of mine participated in a panel discussion with Mr. Jackson and said he seemed less than thrilled with Obama. Maybe the lovefest is beginning to dwindle.

Jackson used to claim Obama didn't need to talk about race because the issue of race in America is "self-evident." B#@S%!. It may have been self-evident to Jackson, a black man, who deals with matters of racial injustice every day. However, this topic should still be on the table, especially when people of color are so badly exploited and neglected in this country.

Posted by Alxandro
I was seriously considering voting for him until it was revealed he does not follow proper protocol during the singing of the National Anthem.

What part of it don't you buy?
Me considering voting for him, or this? (I know the singing is terrible, but still...)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Posted by Alxandro

What part of it don't you buy ?Me considering voting for him, or this? (I know the singing is terrible, but still...)

I like you Mr A, so I'll not elaborate further.

From a link furnished by Alxandro
Huffington Post’s self styled political commentator Allison Kilkenny writes her own headlines: Barack Obama and Jesse Jackson's Drunken One Night Stand

Now Allison presumes to speak for 180 million white people. “White people love Obama because he's not interested in rehashing the past. He's a quick-fix solution to racial tension. No need for white guilt. No need for reparations. Whether he has the right to or not, Obama offers a collective "No sweat, man" to the part of America that still remembers the Rodney King trial or the little Jena Six incident.” Note: Allison's words are in italics.

Apologetics. Explaining why all the wrongs whites have done ought to be overlooked for the scanty sake of temporary harmony. Crapola! 4,700 lynchings. 15,000 men whipped and beaten so severely they never recovered. 50,000 poor black homesteads burned-out. All non-incidents in Allison’s neat world.

Allison’s mocking of Jackson’s calling race " ‘a self-evident’ topic is like me writing that it's obvious I should be elected president of the universe.” No it’s not, Allison. It’s overstatement. Hyperbole. This disparages the real issue of what really is self evident to all honest people but not to her. Racism, Kilkenny style.

Now Allison resorts to belittling the argument: “there still yet may be hope to save the country. And if not - *uc* it - at least you can tell your grandkids that you voted for a black guy.” And that CURES 400 years of slavery, Jim Crow and sundown towns so popular in America? Sweet Jesus! That simplistic (ideological) eyes-shut observation cures all the wrongs done to blacks in America since 1619 with a snap of the fingers. WOW! You’re a genius, Allison! Why didn’t I think of that? See Note.
www.abovepolitics.com...

Note:
Allison uses the term “black GUY.’ Why did she not say “black man?” This is a very touchy topic with black males. Anyone ever see the 1989 movie, “Driving Miss Daisy” with Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy ..

[edit on 2/4/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted by Mrknighttime32
The way I'm thinking is a lot of people were called during the polls and wanted to vote for Obama, but when it came down to it people saw the reality of having a black man become president or helping a black man become president and it made them change there mind. Is this true? Do you think it had to do with something with it? Please be honest. I know racism is far from gone in this country and I know it had something to do with it.

From another writing: America and Racism. There were 76 lynching in America in 1919. 10 blacks were lynched while still wearing their WW1 US Army uniforms. 14 blacks were burned publicly, 11 while still alive. The local newspaper in Jackson MS, on June 26, 1919, announced “the jailer was going to release a black suspect at 4 PM and it is expected he will be burned.” They did and he was.

In Duluth MN in 1920, a young (white) girl was raped. 3 young black men were immediately arrested. A crowd (mob) went to the girls home and asked the mother about her daughter. “She’s in bed,” the mother replied, but the crowd misheard her to say “she’s dead.” The mob rushed to the jail, took out the 3 blacks who were immediately strung up on a lamp post on the main street. Pictures were taken of the three hanging suspended by the neck and made into postcards which were popular tourist items as late as the 1940s. The 3 were memorialized in a song “Desolation Row” by Bob Dylan.

All told, between 1918-1927, there were 454 lynchings in America. 38 victims were white (all lynched by white mobs) and 11 black women were lynched, 3 of which were pregnant. 32 blacks were buried alive and 8 were hacked or beaten to death. All numbers are quoted from Nathan Miller’s “New World Coming: The 1920s and the Making of Modern America.” 2003.

I cite these 2 examples and the sorry totals showing how racism has held America in its inhuman grip in the past. I ask those who cannot see the past or its inevitable ramifications, when have white Americans had their Damascus Road conversion?

[edit on 2/5/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Whites in urban areas vote for blacks all the time and have been doing so for decades.

If Alan Keyes could get a nomination I'd vote for him.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for whites to vote in large numbers for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or anyone whose professions are race-based, especially if they call themselves Reverend and no one has the slightest idea if or when they've ever pastored a church.

I won't vote for Obama and I don't think he'll be elected if he's nominated, but if he is elected, we could do worse.

His cut and run position on Iraq is going to be his greatest challenge and if he is elected, the realization that he can't just cut and run is going to play hell with his approval rating, as if that means anything, anyway.

[edit on 2008/2/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I won't vote for Obama and I don't think he'll be elected if he's nominated, but if he is elected, we could do worse.

I like Obama. But he is young. He is inexperienced. He sounds too much pollyannaish to me. He does not have the cadre of followers who are ready and able to take hold of the Government quickly. Hillary OTOH, I perceive is electable. She also has her cadre of former office holders she can call on ASAP. Former Treasury secretary Robert Rubin is one. Former Defense secretary William Cohen is another. George Stephanopolus and James Carville also come to mind.

His cut and run position on Iraq is going to be his greatest challenge and if he is elected, the realization that he can't just cut and run is going to play hell with his approval rating, as if that means anything anyway.

I can’t recall all the poll numbers. It is my memory the public disapproves of the Iraq war. I also seem to recall that the public does not want an open ended assumption of responsibility there. I think the US presence is 99% of the motivation for the violence in Iraq. Once we are gone, the Iraqi are quite capable of resolving their differences, IMO.

Last Friday, I attended a lecture where a Dane who now teaches at UNF - University of North Florida, Jacksonville - and who is a long time student of Iraq and the Middle East, said he foresaw a 2 state solution for Iraq. What the Turks don’t want to call Kurdistan - the north of Iraq - and a Sunni-Shia state in the remainder of Iraq. Each 99% autonomous, but both still holding forth in Baghdad on foreign policy issues. He said the US would have to keep 15,000 troops in the north to stop the PPK going into Turkey and to prevent Iran from fomenting dissension in the zone. For similar reasons the US would need another 15,000 troops along the Iranian border with the southern part of a split Iraq.

The entire Middle East needs a 100% inclusive Conference to bring all the disparate elements in the Middle East together if peace - of even the end of violence without peace - is to be achieved. So he said. That would include the US, China, Russia and the EU along with Pakistan and India.

[edit on 2/5/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i'll just weigh in and say that race/gender rarely even crosses my mind. i just don't think about obama as being "the black candidate" or hillary being "the female candidate". in fact it just occurred to me last week that if he won he would be the first black president. i was rooting for ron paul, but it seems his chances of going anywhere are dwindling. my next choice is obama of the remaining candidates. he seems like a pretty genuine guy and nothing about what i've seen of him is overly offensive to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

the topic is:
"Are whites scared to vote black"
...therefore I ask..
Are you referring to people of said skin color or people with said last name?

...There were 76 lynching in America in 1919
...In Duluth MN in 1920, a young (white) girl was raped. 3 young black men were immediately arrested.
... between 1918-1927, there were 454 lynchings in America

All instances you mention are almost 100 years old. ..a lot has changed since then.

Let me tell you something Mr WHITE.
You probably don't now this but I my self am a minority.
YES, I am Hispanic, and I myself have experienced my share of racism, ...
BUT, I have never cried foul.

Sure, it has never been fair and it has hurt, but I have always gotten back on that horse and have kept riding.

I love my country (US btw) and though I never served in the military, it really bothers me when I hear others criticize and hate my country.

Sure, I know Blacks were treated unfairly once upon a time, and as unfair and as wrong as it was at that time, it cannot be denied that this era of American History is just that, a very defining moment in American History.

American History would not be complete without the discussion of Black History!

I am really trying to understand where you are coming from, therefore I ask, Do you honestly think every single White person in the US wakes up every morning asking themselves, "What can I do today to keep the Black Man down?"

That is Bull Jive! Even I know "Whitie" has better things to do.

So to answer your question whether a White person would vote for Barrack Hussein Obama?
... all I can say is it looks like they can and they will, but it is not because he happens to be semi-Black, rather, it is because they probably already hate MY country.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

. . Instances you mention are almost 100 years old. ..a lot has changed since then. Let me tell you something Mr WHITE. You probably don't now this but I my self am a minority. YES, I am Hispanic, and I myself have experienced my share of racism, ... BUT, I have never cried foul.

Sure, it has never been fair and it has hurt, but I have always gotten back on that horse and have kept riding. I love my country (US btw) and though I never served in the military, it really bothers me when I hear others criticize and hate my country.

When you see wrongs being done, what are you supposed to do? Any honest person ought to at least speak to the wrong. You misunderstand the meaning of HATE when you use it in this context. To equate honest criticism to HATE is to endorse the wrongs!

The kinds of discrimination suffered by people of Hispanic origins is not comparable to that suffered by African Americans. Neither is acceptable to people of good will. African Americans love their country despite the shabby treatment their country has forced upon them. And is still doing!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For me its not the black thing...its how it seems like everyone is so supportive. Its kindof scary. Obama is a really good speaker. Powerful(thats his word) catch phrases and delivery. Was he or his wife ever a Preacher at a church? Thats who they remind me of, his wife moreso than he. I dont buy into using a calculated way of speaking to sell a false agenda. But, they all do it I guess.

Dont forget about all those middle american holy rollers who liked Bush's views.
I'd probably be voting for hillary, but I bet if Ron Paul was black he would be up there with Obama...he's claiming to make bigger and more defined changes than Obama is with his vague "Change" slogans.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Mailman]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

For me its not the black thing ... its how it seems like everyone is so supportive. I don’t buy into using a calculated way of speaking to sell a false agenda. But, they all do it I guess. Don’t forget all those Middle American Holy Rollers who liked Bush's views. I'd probably be voting for Hillary, but I bet if Ron Paul was black he would be up there with Obama ... he's claiming to make bigger and more defined changes than Obama is with his vague "Change" slogans.

I concur with everything you have posted above except those remarks about Ron Paul. I bring him up because of some of my prior thoughts about him and his candidacy. Ron Paul exudes the quality called consistency but that can be misleading. Herbert Hoover was consistently wrong on his depression policies.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I’ve just finished a book about 20 year old PFC James Hendricks, a black soldier from Henderson, NC. Convicted at a courts-martial, he was sentenced to be hanged to death in France on November 24, 1944. He was. Blacks were 9 times more likely to receive the death sentence in the American Army in the European Theater of Operations than white soldiers accused of the same or similar offenses.

PFC James Hendricks is now buried in St. James Cemetery in Brittany, a province of France, in Plot E, for the Dishonorable Dead. Also buried there in row 4 is Louis Till, father of Emmet Till.

This story is taken from the original book "OK Joe" and compares the fate of this black soldier to that of a white officer who killed 20 prisoners but who was never brought to trial. The white officer died of old age and was honored in the US Senate for his other acts which were much more heroic, winning him both the Distinguished Service Cross and the Silver Star. No mention was made of his murder spree.

The book’s a good read. The book is entitled “The Interpreter” by John Horton. 2005. RC 62054. The author tells the story of a Frenchman who served the US Army as the official interpreter in a number of trials and who wrote his own book in 1976.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

People should vote for who is more suited for the position. It always seem
to get in the way because someone is different then express what race
are they? Despite it all the war and economy is really tore up, and it is not
because of Obama;it is about the ones who people felt they were safe with.
All in all, the people who did vote for them and will vote for them again,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join