It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Earth is actually hell that we are here to fix our mistakes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have often wondered, what if Earth is actually hell, and we are put here to learn fix past live mistakes, or here to learn things to take with us allowing us to be higher beings if we have done right, and if wrong we stay here until we decided to straighten up. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Earth can seem like hell sometimes because it's held appart from the connection to the rest of the universe due to the rebelious acts of the one time "planetary Prince" who was suposed to be trustworthy, but wasn't. This is the origin of the reptilian type stories and because of that fall into confusion we've become seperated from the rest of the heavens.

However, to ponder such a thing is to give up on the belief and understanding of the redemption of our father, and thus if you stick to that belief it might become your reality.

Not unlike those that believe nothing exists after death, because of their unwillingness to seek the truth of the connection to the creator, that will be exactly what they get.

This world isn't hell. This world is what you percieve it to be. So if one percieves it to be hell, then how could it be anything else. Imagine what might be accomplished if a great majority percieved it heaven on earth, maybe then it would become that.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I used to think that myself, that it was all contrived. It's an interesting concept.

Figure 12+ years of prep school, extra years if you go to college. 40+ hours of work a week at a job that you really don't like, not to mention management. The whole marriage thing and kids if you have them.

It's what you make of it I guess.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

It is what you make it.

Life, is mortal. You're going to die off this world. It doesn't matter if you're bill gages or hobo joe. You're going to die, and when you do it will have been up to you and your spiritual life aspects that takes you to where you were ment to go.

If you hate your job, quit it.
If you hate your family, leave it.

You can do what you want to do here, and hell you couldn't.

Though, to be fair, I'm not advocating leaving your family. LOL

Rather mentally change your hate to love.

You made your own bed, why hate what you've made?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
so, if were here to fix 'past life mistakes', how are we supposed to remember what they all were? and is there some sort of on-going tally? are we really expected to fix Every(!) mistake? and besides who exactly defines what the mistake(s) is/was? mistakes for some are not necessarily mistakes for others. are there different levels of mistakes? like if you make up or 'fix' the major ones, would it be ok to let the minor ones go. or what if you fixed the minor ones, would it be ok to leave out the major?

I personally dont think that fixing a past live's mistake is the answer. Because afterall Recognizing it was a mistake may be better than fixing it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OP-
I agree with Incarnated in the fact that Earth isn't hell. I think it may be just...school. If, when we die, we judge ourselves to have not learned all we have supposed to, we come back, re-incarnated as another person (same soul) and set to learn in that life, what we missed the life before. When at last we go through enough life to finally "get it" (whatever "it"may be) we finally get to rest. So, as I understand your point, that is.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I hear where you're coming from. Life is what you make of it. I learned early on to leave the jobs I didn't like. It's not worth the money to be miserable 40+ hours a week. As far as my family is concerned, I'm pretty lucky there, too. Although, some people aren't as fortunate.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

The concept that this life is school for your soul is interesting, and I don't think you're off the mark. If we are here to learn from our mistakes past and present, then some people will be back again and again. A buddy of mine told me once that Maury Povich will be reincarnated as Maury Povich because he hasn't learned a thing since he's been here.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

OP-
I agree with Incarnated in the fact that Earth isn't hell. I think it may be just...school. If, when we die, we judge ourselves to have not learned all we have supposed to, we come back, re-incarnated as another person (same soul) and set to learn in that life, what we missed the life before. When at last we go through enough life to finally "get it" (whatever "it"may be) we finally get to rest. So, as I understand your point, that is.

Cuhail

You just pretty much summed it up for me right there. That's pretty much what I meant, just didn't know how to put it. Thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks guys. A belief structure is dangerous though. I take a little bit of each of the religions (The sensable ideas) and mix 'em up right. I figure I can't go wrong.

Look, Jesus died for our sins, right? So, we're already good in God's eyes. It's our own judgement that's going to hang us up. I figure, we die, then go to the hot seat. We are shown our "story" and we're able to see the most recent life we lived along with all previous lives we experienced. We know, I think, everything we are supposed to grasp as humans, we just have to experience it and play by the rules. So, we look at what we've done and decide for ourselves whether or not we "pass". If we find ourselves wanting, we're spun out into the world again, to hopefully learn that which we have not.

So, what do I think we should focus on?

The Golden Rule, for one. Do unto others as we would have those, do unto us. This is the one guys. The one that encompasses every major religion from Agnostic to Zionistic. They all preach it because it just makes sense.
The Buddists have a buttload of good ideas. Confucious says: He who goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with smelly finger. How can ya go wrong with that kinda advice?
How 'bout the Pagans? Everything they spout adds up to just plain old "Clean up after yourself". That's always great advice. Remember the commercial with the crying Indian? Don't make Indians cry, pitch it in!

It all comes down to doing the right thing.
"Measure twice, cut once"
"Look before you leap"
"Pay it forward"

Meh.

Be good,
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Heaven and hell are just mind states when you're on earth. Everyone goes to the same place after their soul leaves their body. Watch the movie The Fountian they got it right, even mostly what it looks like.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't believe in hell.

I don't believe in heaven either, in the biblical heaven that is.

I do believe our existence here in this 3 dimensional world is just a part of a greater existance, a greater existance that we are simply not able to comprehend from a 3-dimensional-world point of view.

As spititual beings we exist in a timeless space, a multi dimensional arena, on a quest to reunite with the source of the Universe, God. We decide (or are chosen) to come to Earth to experience and learn to aid in that quest. It's sort of a workshop vacation. The trick is that when we get here our memory of everything before is wiped clear. It's then our mission to 'remember who we are'.

Did you ever see the Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day? He's forced to repeat the same day over and over until he gets it right, at which point he's finally released from that 'hell'. The Earth experience is the same.

The key to being released from 'this hell' is to remember your divinity, your connection to the Universe, hold no grudges, treat everybody you meet as you would wanted to be treated and leave this life with no bad karma or bad energy.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by mightymouth]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I have often wondered, what if Earth is actually hell, and we are put here to learn fix past live mistakes, or here to learn things to take with us allowing us to be higher beings if we have done right, and if wrong we stay here until we decided to straighten up. What are your thoughts on this?

I think that the best way to learn from our mistakes would be show us what we did wrong, show us how it's not in our best interest to continue those mistakes, and show us how to do it right. And not just with some vague dusty old books.

Are you intelligent? Can you learn from direct instruction? Then any system or method designed to maximize that learning would take that into account and simply present the material straightforward.

As it is, we have no memory of any past existences, we stumble around getting beat up by our own ignorance (not stupidity), and are never given a reason for anything. If there really was such a higher being (or beings) who care for our well-being, they have a real twisted way of showing us the way.

Which leads me to conclude that our existence is pretty much pointless in a grander sense, and not an opportunity for us to learn any kind of higher truth because there isn't any.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
so, if were here to fix 'past life mistakes', how are we supposed to remember what they all were? and is there some sort of on-going tally? are we really expected to fix Every(!) mistake? and besides who exactly defines what the mistake(s) is/was? mistakes for some are not necessarily mistakes for others. are there different levels of mistakes? like if you make up or 'fix' the major ones, would it be ok to let the minor ones go. or what if you fixed the minor ones, would it be ok to leave out the major?

I personally dont think that fixing a past live's mistake is the answer. Because afterall Recognizing it was a mistake may be better than fixing it.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is...well, nothing. Just learning to live in the present and enjoy the gift we have before us. The reaching out to perfection is the one mistake that keeps us in 'hell' - looking for a tomorrow that will never come, as the next day when it comes, will always be the now. (In which we will too ignore and keep hoping for a day to happen upon us for perfection.)

Lets stop seeking perfection, and see that which is perfect..."you are what you eat" - well also, "you are what your focus is on".

Once we drop labels, etc, and see the story for what it is...story - then we will realize the freedom we had all along. (Much like the Wizard of Oz...Dorothy had the answer all the time, and so do we. Funny how movies tend to point to truth, but we draw up our creative imaginations from experiences and the truth within...there is 'nothing new under the sun' - solomon.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

WOW, Let me charge my batteries on my GPS it might come in handy
You NEVER know, You Wake up One morning

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is Hell. Maybe not the basement of Hell, but we are all imprisoned here. If you think your life is what you make it, then you're lucky, I won't try to convince you otherwise. But you're wrong.

As far as karma and reincarnation, I do belive in that. We keep coming back over and over again. Each time on a higher frequency of understanding. But our forward progression has been interrupted by the imprisonment of our souls on this world.

The only comforting news is that there really is no good or evil. It's all jsut perspective.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
hell is on earth. on the center of the earth..and below the levels. it's in the caves beneath the earth. this is where the serpents, devils and demons reside. we are living above heaven and we are safe up here. We are not here to fix any type of mistakes because we are all energy that needs to recycle and have no other reason to be here but to be a part of something. You only go to hell after you die if you don't have enough creation energy to leave the planet. hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This all seems like a rather elaborate system, I don't know what to believe

I'm still confused as to WHY the whole system of everything exists. Example, we need to get back to the Creator. Why? Did we run away from home? Seems like an awful expense in energy for every person to burn up while we're on this planet, ruining it for the other creatures we happen to share it with.

I certainly don't believe in hell though. I fail to see why something like that is needed. Sure, there's bad people in the world, but most of them have neurological deficiencies. It doesn't seem fair to judge an intelligence on something it doesn't have complete control over.

But I think earth is the closest thing we have to hell, and it's all our own creation.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I believe that earth could be a type of hell on earth. It wasn't meant to be this way but through free will became that way. All the killing, raping and other vile crimes kinda in my mind makes it a "type" of hell. I believe we are here to learn to become more Christ like and learn the Word of God so when the time comes we have a chance at an eternal life with Christ where there won't be any vile crimes. Another thing I don't believe in is past lives but that is just me. I am not putting down or judging the people who believe in that because that is their free will choice and it isn't my place to judge.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Earth may not look like the hell of The Divine Comedy and do not resemble The Hell of Bible myths but life as we know it is full of lessons to be learn and repercussions to be taken into consideration for the way we chose to live.

I believe Earth may not be The prophetic hell but it does offer a variety of hellish conditions to come pretty close.

All made, done and inspired by us the human beings that happen to be inhabiting this small Blue world.

Yes Earth is one of the hardest places to learn the lessons of life.

Nice OP

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join