It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, His Military Support, and.....Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I am wondering if there could be any tie-in as to why reportedly there are over 300,000 UN troops on our soil? Could they be sensing that this is coming, sooner or later? Surely the elite must have contingency plans?

300,000?

You do realize that is twice as many as we have in Iraq...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So nobody needs to vote then if the elite are the sole deciders in who becomes President right? I guess we can dispense with Congressional/Senatorial elections too. What about local government? How big of a community does it need to be, before it gets its own shadow government? What if it's a poor community and there are no particularly wealthy types involved in local elections?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well your first mistake was reading anything Alex Jones wrote, and your second one was repeating anything Alex Jones wrote. That is sheer idiocy on his part to make such a boneheaded claim. The Russians have a hard enough time paying their soldiers while they're at home. Do you think they can afford to pay them to be deployed indefinitely? What kind of rotational basis do these UN troops have by the way? Are they here 6 month, 12 months, 15 months? Where do they live and train at, where the US military(or anyone else for that matter) is unaware of them? How did they get here without anyone noticing(did they use Coyotes, and come across the Rio Grande?) I'm not aware of any other UN nations that have the cash to keep 300,000 troops(or 3 million) deployed indefinitely. That is such utter BS. Alex is smoking some good dope with that assertion for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
Well your first mistake was reading anything Alex Jones wrote, and your second one was repeating anything Alex Jones wrote. That is sheer idiocy on his part to make such a boneheaded claim.

Your opinion, but certainly not mine. I have been following him for a very long time, and while he may have his shortcomings, the guy backs up his stories pretty well.

It's interesting that you chose Alex out of the sources I quoted for that number, because I didn't even provide a link to Alex's site. I just mentioned it. The sources that I actually quoted I provided links to. I think you might want scroll and check out what I am talking about.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
the guy backs up his stories pretty well.

I'm by no means an Alex Jones hater. I love the guy. I listen 6 days a week and watch all of his films and just love absolutely love the guy but this made me laugh.

He backs up his stories by saying "I haven't got time to go through the stacks of documents on the air. Just Google it. It's all main-stream news."

And by articles on Infowars.com citing articles on Prisonplanet.tv and vice versa occasionally tossing in articles from JonesReport.com TruthNews.us and the other miscellaneous Alex Jones run sites.

Hey, I love the guy, but you've really got to dig like crazy to find original sources and then corroborating sources for many of his stories. Well, that aren't Alex Jones run anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Hey, I love the guy, but you've really got to dig like crazy to find original sources and then corroborating sources for many of his stories. Well, that aren't Alex Jones run anyway.

Fair point.
But again, we digress. Let's get back to the premise of thread, that because of what Ron Paul represents, I am proposing potential scenarios of how a civil war could come to be. The 300,000 foreign troops was just a side tangent I was going off on, and *smack*, I probably shouldn't of even mentioned it. But hey, this is ATS. Were are suspicious by nature.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I can't speak for military personnel as even though it seems that many do support Paul there are all sorts of factors influencing their lives and decisions that civilians aren't subjected to.

For civilian Ron Paul supporters I can say that the though it may not lead to an outright Civil War there has been and will continue to be growing support for secession. Ron Paul has helped by drawing in people who have never before considered themselves Libertarians or who have just never paid any attention to their government before because they always thought the by and large they were being left alone to live their lives as they saw fit. Imagine their shock when they realized they weren't.

I say it won't lead to Civil War because the Libertarian position is one of perpetual defense. Always defending their rights to do whatever as long whatever doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. There is a huge portion of the country and more so in the government who cannot help but dictate to everyone else how they should be living their lives.

This position of perpetual defense wouldn't result in an aggressive war but could easily result in a state comprised of enough like-minded individuals to pull it's support for the fed and refuse any involvement with the fed.

If that invokes an aggressive action from the fed then so be it and you'll get Civil War. If other states didn't think the fed was unjust and oppressive invading a peacefully seceded state by force just to get the tax dollars back will expose the wolf to the rest of the nation.

But the fed could spin it depending on the political/moral flavor in the air. They could rally the remaining states by claiming the seceded state left to have devil-worshiping, child-raping, crack-smoking homo-erotic orgies or something like that and get support for the systematic killing of all who supported secession. Without the cause of abolitionism the War of Northern Aggression would not have gotten the support it had, let's all forget that slavery was on it's way out anyway and wouldn't have lasted another few years without the war and that the war laid the foundation for decades of segregation and civil rights abuses that continue to this day but that's another thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't read any posts.. but the 1st few lines of the OP... I know I should have but I just wanna comment on this since the OP made the same post I wanted to make a few days ago..

As I see it.

If we look statistically at things for RP vs the rest.. It shows he is winning in a lot of things..

Straw polls which are said to be quite accurate, but for some reason like a few other incidents in time are very odd... don't work or something..

We take the meet-up groups for the candidate's shown here.

www.meetup.com...

Map comparison

www.ronpaularmy.com...

Look at the numbers.. this isn't a lie.. maybe a few bots or something.. but not almost 100,000 people.. not to mention he has had about 30,000 events happen for his group which is only 2nd to Huckabee of about 1300.

Now take this in for the really crap results leads to knowing that something is wrong.

If this continues thru to the end.. whatever that is we are going to see a big problem those who want in office and the one we want in office collide.

This is going to be a turning point in this country.. We are going to see a civil war and this might be the part where it happens.

You can bend people so much before they say F off...

EXP: Look at the movie Ants.. The animation.. We are the beginning part of the movie.. the ants who do whatever we are told.. sooner or later we are going to get sick of it.. and I feel this election is going to be that breaking point...

This is all statistically speaking tho.. and as we all know.. numbers don't know how to lie.

==========
Anything wrong with this post i did it to fast.. might fix later but you get the point I am making.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
yep, I keep wondering why all those straw polls which he leads are so far disconnected from the voting results. Either straw polls are useless or we are being duped.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by True American
I am wondering if there could be any tie-in as to why reportedly there are over 300,000 UN troops on our soil?

Just curious: where did you come up with that tidbit? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious where they are stationed.

I realize that at any given time, there is some number of foreign troops here for training, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Scroll up, links are provided in the post where...oh ok, just cause it's you I'll dig it up for you.

it's in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The scenarios you are painting are more of a military coup than a civil war. And we know how close we have been to those in our history; as recently as JFK. And although there are some similarities, a coup can happen without much effect on domestics.

What would prompt a civil war? Overturning the 1st or 2nd amendment would do it, I think. Total fiscal collapse is another one. Curtailing free movement still another.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The scenarios you are painting are more of a military coup than a civil war. And we know how close we have been to those in our history; as recently as JFK. And although there are some similarities, a coup can happen without much effect on domestics.

A military coup eh? Hmm, well I'm not sure how that would work. Who in the military would have the balls to do such a thing? True patriots, that's who. And I'll bet you their numbers are growing daily as information is disseminated. I am still worried about the nukes though, and in whos hands those could end up in under this scenario. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I believe that a scenario similar to the one painted in the OP will ultimately happen.

I'm just trying to see ahead a bit, under the hypothetical that he takes office. And I know that's a big wish in a sense, but his grass roots support is growing like a California redwood in Columbian soil. I still in my my own way believe it's possible that he can take office, as far-fetched as that may be.

What would prompt a civil war? Overturning the 1st or 2nd amendment would do it, I think. Total fiscal collapse is another one. Curtailing free movement still another.

Well according to some quite interesting threads around here, we ceased to be a constitution-based republic back in 1933. And according to many others, total fiscal collapse is happening now with the devaluing of the dollar. So where's that leave us?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the military personnel is sending money to RP's campaign cuz he has said
if he is elected .... they all get to come home ...... no US Soldier
in Iraq or Afghanistan wants to be there. They'd much rather be at
home with their families. That's why they're supporting him.

apc

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That avatar always makes me grin...

Pellevoisin, who was fighting whom?

That's the question in all these civil war speculations. That Civil War II book spelled it out... the races would split the land and fight eachother. But what's this? Would the "elite" deploy Blackwater against the military? The military is sworn to uphold the Constitution and defend it against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to obey the commands of the President. Paul would basically represent their oath. While no doubt many would be loyal to the commanders they have become friends with, I have to think the majority would have a hard time forgetting the real reason they enlisted.

Of course one could consider all the vaccines our troops been given which have shown to produce psychological side-effects. So who knows. Maybe there's some button at the Bilderberg compound that activates a gene sequence in a vaccine that turns them all into drones.

I don't see it as being very likely. A lot better chances under Hillary.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Originally posted by SimonSays
the military personnel is sending money to RP's campaign cuz he has said
if he is elected .... they all get to come home ...... no US Soldier
in Iraq or Afghanistan wants to be there. They'd much rather be at
home with their families. That's why they're supporting him.

Remember that these numbers apply to Republican candidates only. And military families tend to vote Republican. There are several Democratic candidates who support immediate troop withdrawal, including Kucinich and Obama.

Just fleshing it out...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The military exodus begins:

US soldier quits military to join Ron Paul

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join