It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I found out from my doctor that I have a bulging disc in my back. To top it off, she also informs me that I have arthritis in my back as well. Wonderful! Granted, she did give me some vicodin and whatnot, but this crap still sucks. I'm 21 years old, and have the back of a geriatric. I mean, I have to crack my back at least 10 times a day to keep it from hurting more and more. The weird thing is, my doc said that me cracking my back won't make it worse. I thought that was very odd. Another odd tid-bit, was that she told me that having a bulging disc and an arthritic back isn't that big of a deal, and everybody has it. Are you effin' kidding me? :bash:

Oh well, I was just wondering what kind of ailments my ATS bretherin are burdened with.

...it's always something...

-Droops

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am relatively burden-free.

I can tell when the weather is going to change from an old break in my foot, but I've decided that's a bonus. I don't need to watch the weather forecast in the morning.

I used to have a bad back, but then I got an inversion table. That's easily the best few hundred dollars I've ever spent. I love my Teeter Hang Ups. If you can spare the cash (or find a gym that has inversion equipment), I recommend you try it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I want to reaffirm what Duzey said about inversion therapy. It works. And if you stretch religiously and sleep on a memory foam mattress, you will be almost pain free except for the occasional twinge, when you make a careless twisting motion, carrying something heavy.

Emotional Stress can also exacerbate back pain.

Good Luck DrOOpieS

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Starred for saying exacerbate.

Ya I've heard good things about inversion tables. I dunno though, I don't like the idea of being upside down and having my spine straighten out. I can just see myself now sitting on it and sneezing or something and totally messing up my back more. I am getting massage therapy for it, so that will help a bit. Thanks for the input guys

-Droops

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

Hey Droops, whenever I know that I'm going to have a strenuous day I wear an elastic waste band to keep my bones from moving so much, I am also the victim of sports injuries so if I play a little hoop I wear an elastic knee band, hell, I end up looking like a big band aid, lol.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh man... I got a week ankle from a sprain I wasn't able to let heal properly, and leg that hurts randomly for no definite reason, elbows that I've hurt so often one feels bruised all of the times, I've repeatedly sprained both wrists so much falling that they are so weak now sometimes I sprain my left one just working. Sometimes my hands hurt so much I can't hold a pencil. And I'm only 19. And people wonder why I'm moving from metal working to computers... oi.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
i had a herniated disc when i was 18. started my rotation of seeing docs and getting different meds. turns out it was herniated cause i have degenerative disc disease. i had surgery when i was 21.
they replaced L5S1 with a cadaever bone, a pieve of bone from my hip and a titanium cage. the surgery failed and i have been in constant pain ever since. i turn 30 in march.
from then till now i have been on every pain med that you can think of. now i am on vicodin and valium for it due to insurance coverage but last year i was on morphine and fentanyl.

i was recomended for a disc replacement surgery to correct the 'failed back' but my insurance won't cover it.
i take my prescribed 90 vicidon and 90 valium every month and i usually plow through about 50 of my mother in laws darvocets every month also.

i hope you don't have to go through what i have gone through and continue to go through. it has basically ruined my life.

the vicodin is hurting my liver and after a bit you build a tolerence to it.
it just sucks all the way around.

good luck with it man.

about the inversion table, i would scrap that idea right now...you don't need to be in traction for a bulgind disc. that can only make it worse. i just sold my inversion table(given to me by bro in law) on craiglist for $125

you need to talk to your doctor about an epidural block. it is cortizone and lidocaine that they inject into the site and depending on the situation it can help you.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Ya I went to the emergency room during the summer when I threw my back out, and the guy wanted to stick me with some stuff in my back. I'm not really a fan of needles so we'll see where that takes me.

Ya I've been on the Vic for about a year, off and on. I've also had some run-ins with Mr. Perkoset, it seems to work better than the vic. It is not fun having these kinds of problems so young because I know it will most likely just get worse over time.

Oh well. Thanks for the input guys.

-Droops

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't know what my problem is, because I don't trust doctors; except family doc, but I have chronic lower back pain. Constant back pain, not the occasional twinge or whatever.

I don't think I've ever been seen for this problem, not sure that I would want to either; find out I need major surgery or whatever. Asprine and pain pills don't do anything, i've "learned" to live with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

percocetd are fantastic...my doc has me on the vikes but i have been on them for so long, they only take the edge off for a short tme..

gonna ask for some soma at my next visit

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Am 26 and have almost the same problem My back leaks fluid so it swells up and feels red hot. other times it just kills like Hell suposedly one of the best ways is t build up your truck ie stomach mucles to help ease it off.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
ly one of the best ways is t build up your truck ie stomach mucles to help ease it off.

you are correct.

my wife is a pt and she is constantly giving me excercises to build my muscles up.....

new topics

top topics

join