It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret, The Law Of Attraction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Scientist,

I am conflicted between your point of view, and what they offer in the secret.

I've considered both possibilities that it's either 'ignorance is bliss' or that somehow you will attract a certain person/situation to allow you to get the thing you visualized.

I mean, if I walk down the street and visualize and feel that everyone is clothed, sheltered and fed, yet I still see homeless people, and they can't be ignored. Also, I can visualize that I'm super rich, and I have lots of money heading my way, however, I still have to pay my bills.

Then again, I watched a movie by Bruce Lipton which proved on a biological level that your body alters with your perceptions or beliefs. I then thought how that relates to the LOA concept.

Could it be a situation where you have to change your perception that you can get anything, hence allowing your body to change with your perception, and then that's where the LOA comes into effect?

I also heard that just like a ripple in a lake, you first must let the 'negative' waves hit the shore before the 'positive' waves arrive. This could be an excuse however as to why the LOA doesn't work.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
Scientist,

I am conflicted between your point of view, and what they offer in the secret.

I've considered both possibilities that it's either 'ignorance is bliss' or that somehow you will attract a certain person/situation to allow you to get the thing you visualized.

great post.

The thing with this "The Secret" product, is that they took a whole bunch of concepts, ranging from LoA, to Quantum Theory, to Holographic Theory, M-Theory, and etc. First of all, the "Law" of Attraction is philosophical, not scientific - in that it deals with intent and perception. These are not scientific, but personal and subjective. Since this is in the science forum, and not the mysticism / etc. then I must take a certain approach. (Regardless, I would have made the same posts though, since this is how I view the product).

Now, LoA, QT, Holographic Theory, M-Theory, etc. These all stand on their own, and while not proven science or anything, they are all providing great insight to the world around us, in the most objective manner possible.

"The Secret" waters all of these down until they lose all meaning and become bumper-stickeresque, so that people can remember little sayings and easy just-add-water concepts. Then, the makers of this product re-establish their own credibility by associating themselves with the likes of DaVinci and many others.

I watched a movie by Bruce Lipton which proved on a biological level that your body alters with your perceptions or beliefs. I then thought how that relates to the LOA concept.

Right, we are talking about perception, and belief. these are both subjective, in that they vary greatly from person to person. They are not measurable. Every action someone does is done out of a positive intention. Even people who cut themselves or attempt suicide are trying to release pain, or some other result they see as a positive. So really, "thinking positive" is all we can do anyways.

Could it be a situation where you have to change your perception that you can get anything, hence allowing your body to change with your perception, and then that's where the LOA comes into effect?

I agree with you, except for "can get anything." That's the problem with this entire concept. No, you can't get anything from anywhere by thought alone. What you can do is remain more perceptive than usual, so that if an opportunity presents itself, you are aware of it.

Final thoughts... I am not opposed to the concept of thoughts manifest reality, however I am opposed to "the secret's" way of presenting such a mentality. As other posters have said, it encourages the removal of personal blame and responsibility, and it's juat an excuse to absolve guilt of being greedy and egomaniacal. I'm also opposed to these new-agers tacking onto the coat-tails of science.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've been doing this stuff for some time now.

I've always called it 'willing things to happen' and described it to people as a thought being a pebble tossed into a pond. No matter how big or small the stone (thought) the ripples will encompass the entire pond (reality).

It can be put off as coincidence but give it a try and start willing things to happen, good or bad, to others or yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

It's the same thing with sports. When you're in the zone, you stop trying and just start doing. At the moment you feel it's impossible to anything but perfect, and you are too.

Edit: Just noticed that this thread is in the science forum. Like scientist says, it's more philosophical than science in the way the Secret authors put it.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Secret is just focusing on what u want like a skill(Forget the just ask and recieve).If u started using it and If u had a event where what u got seemed to be happening and yet near the end it went wrong and u start thinking it doesn't work.I feel sry for u ,because there's a deeper meaning.It's like a skill.I bet u know that If u were to treat it like a skill and pratice it for a hr or more and don't give up within 2 months it will really hit u.Things that u were focusing on will start to come together,it ain't no magic it's the power of ur mind,it's the power that we had from the time of birth and less then 0.8% know about it.Learn from the monks,gurus,etc who can hold there focus for hrs,days....If u don't beleive me then it's ur lost,because If in 4 years u find out about this,remember who told.

I really do hope atleast one person does this,because all my friends have changed the way they see the world now(We don't really care for money,because were fine for now,it's more about growing as a person) and yes u can gain all types of power and it doesn't matter if u have doubt(I tested this) all that matters is how much time u put in to training and ur breaks.(Just don't give up and try it for atleast 30 days,because after that even If u give up u will see results during ur break period)

I'm up for debate If u want,because It may give people more insight.

Peace!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yep, I am up for the debate, also.

Can u see the law of attraction, only in the context of experience, and even then, are u sure that it was the law of attraction working for and with you, or through a means to an end, u accomplished your said goal, but just in case on a mental level you had the comfort zone of the law of attraction being there.. that is just in case.

Too many coincidences, and many good results all in favor of the law of attraction.

You want proof, go ask a judge, question the jury, find a lawyer.
You ask me, then yes it gets my vote and it does work.

Funny thing is the previous poster just mentioned 4 years, in their post, can you wait for years to find out, the reason why i am laughing as i write is that it took me 7 years.

So let the fun begin and lets debate.
DNO

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Perhaps this story can lend credibility to the law of attraction:

I was sitting inside my parents house meditating in the sun room. However, before long I noticed a fly buzzing repeatedly against a window. The law fresh in my mind, I visualized the fly flying outside after I opened the door. I focused, yet it did not happen. It continued to fly into the window over and over. So I tried something else. I put out my hand and visualized it landing on my palm, thinking I could show it the way outside. However, the insect was determined it could get through the window. I decided to go do something else. A few hours later I was watching TV on the couch. A fly landed on the armrest next to where I was sitting. I remembered my experiment from earlier and again put out my hand. This time the fly crawled off the armrest, onto my hand, and finally settled on my palm. My heart was racing. But I knew what to do next. So with fly on hand, I stood up and walked to the door, opened it, and let him fly away.

This, in my experience, proved for me beyond doubt that the law of attraction is quite real.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Vipassana]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
dnodnodno

Thank you for replying to my post.When i said 4 year's I mean that it's said that there's a chance of a huge event happening that will change the world forever and allow people to know more about the mind.The thing is that since treating this whole thing like skill(Like a monk would),then just asking once and waiting for it to happen.Things started coming together.The mind is powerful.

My goal is to just get atleast one person on this forum to treat this whole thing like a skill and have there life changed.I don't call it "LOA" I call it the power of the mind,because that's what meditation has told me,so it's just the mind.I read a lot of books,most recently "The Field" and "The Intention Experiment"..... I'm glad I got to talk to someone and hope u may be one of many who tries this out and maybe thank me after.If u want a site to start from.I say this site.

healing.worldispnetwork.com...

Anyways I'm done and hope someone does it.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
one thing that is important, is that hope does not play any part in the law, primarily because you have to have faith, in that you put your faith into what ever it is that you wish to attract, hence obviously the law of attraction..there are other means in fact many which are similar in definition, however all said and done, we have to realise that its our mindset, which is tuning in for and with us, on a continuous basis, a repeat cycle.

Another thing which has helped me is that from time to time when we set our compass we can and do tend to veer of course, which is normal, but if we stay focused with our value of attraction than in time manifestation will take place, in some way shape or form. The reason i mention this is that in the last post, ur finishing line of HOPE, is not in tune with the law of attraction, to complete the cycle in this instance your final statement should be corrected to i will attract a person into my life or something similar, on a positive note, then the certainty of this actually happening, will in effect take place, have faith belief and a greater understanding of the visual element to what it is that you are attracting and in time something will happen..

dno

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes there is a law of attraction. It's called money. Open up your wallet, during a party, meeting, gathering and you will instantly attract the opposite sex. Buy woman shoes and you will immediately be gratified and attractive.

Cologne also helps.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Enough said

I think this describes the Law of Attraction perfectly.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Enough said, is a very sound way in describing the situation within the law of attraction, as an example when u attempt to use the law of attraction how do you invoke the law into your life, through words, perhaps, buy primarily its a visual tool, it reminds me of meditation and how you have to clear you mind of all thoughts before you begin pure meditation, try it, even just once for 30 seconds maybe a minute, try and have no thoughts for such a short space of time, and then start contemplating the law or attraction, people always want more, they say its the nature of being human, but whats so fascinating is that no one can and will ever be able to prove that the law of attraction exists or does even work, its a based upon a belief system, its your choice if you want to believe, so my advice is go on give it a try, you've got absolutely nothing to loose and indeed everything to gain.
Enough said.
DNO

BTW in my opinion the real crux to this topic is how do we create into existence the effect of the law of attraction into our daily lives, now there's a topic worthy of discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join