It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the government reveal what it knows about UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here's a place for us to post our theories as to why the government would finally 'fess up' and tell us everything (if anything) they know about UFOs. Whether they be secret aircraft, alien ships, or weird weather. What world events, internal changes, or simple time factors could bring it about?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
IMO, there are only two things that will bring about disclosure.

1. ET initiated disclosure that is more than mere UFO fly bys. I actually think this is what will take place.

3. Economic disaster either through slow degredation of the U.S. economy to the point that the government collapses or the point when oil is no longer available and world trade ends without any fuel alternatives. When the money stops flowing, disclosure will happen as there will no longer be a need to keep our world from falling apart as it already would have. This could happen within the next 20-30 years.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It would only happen if the government needed more control over the people. They have no need to though, since they cause terrorism for that.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Only reason, I believe, that the government would disclose any information is if we fall victim to one of these supposed 'invasions' that was obvious to the public.

In other words, if all these UFO's entered out atmosphere and started f**king stuff up, the government would probably be forced to explain how they were able to deal with it. It would be hard to not disclose any info if the military started pulling out their own UFO's and lasers and remote scalar weapons that we only thought were conspiracy theories.

On that thought, I think it would be hilarious if we DID get attacked and find out that HAARP is actually an 'anti-UFO' weapon that charges the ionosphere like a giant tesla coil and zaps all the craft as they were coming in. Wait... maybe THAT is what HAARP is doing now! I guess we'll never know because I doubt the government would ever tell us.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Eventually the public will see very odd technological developments that will cause even the most hardcore skeptics to start asking questions. These technologies will be deployed for at least one of three reasons.

1. Warfare
2. Energy production
3. Environmental catastrophe

Evidence will become impossible to ignore. There will continue to be mass sightings of UFOs. Astronomers will discover earth-like planets. Independent scientists will continue to find evidence of extraterrestrial life, if only microbial for the near-term. Private space-ventures will eventually be confronted with the truth, and they�ll have incentives to profit from what they�ve seen and know.

Some of this stuff will happen in the near future.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The government doesn't need to fess up, Rich Dolan already did it for them.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
1. If the ETs disclosed it first...
2. If a war with the ETs broke out...
3. If they were faced with ETs they couldn't defend from, and all was lost...
4. If irrefutable physical evidence made it's way into national, mainstream media circuits....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
the govenremnt is #in bull# they would never tell us anything if their life depndid on it lol

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i highly suggest reading the book
exterrestial friends and foes
author: George c. Andrews

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
i highly suggest reading the book
exterrestial friends and foes
author: George c. Andrews

Uhmm.. Was it you who mentioned HItlers alliance with aliens in a recent thread?

If not then you are the second person I have seen mention this book, today alone.

I am interested but it sounds like it could be more fiction than anything? What are your views on it?

Please dont feel that i am asking you for a 100 page review! 20 pages will do:-)

Nah, you know what i mean, please tell me a little about it and how much salt I need to be thinking of buying with the book.

Thankyou

top topics

join