It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alienware curve display monitor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That is so freaking cool!

And they are playing Crysis on it!!

Wonder how much this baby going to cost.

O yeah I forgot to include...wish it was flat.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I need.

I'm not sure why the woman said WoW...

pfft.

That screams to me FPS and maybe some Mechwarrior and other simulation games like Fight Sims etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I had heard somewhere that they now have the technology to make these screens so thin that they can be wrapped around a pole such as in some futuristic movie advertisements.

And it was interesting that she mentioned the response time for these displays, because I had noticed how crappy they were that way in the stores. I suppose this might be because there are several monitors in a series?

I might be wrong, but it seems that the LCD monitors are typically slower?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

[edit on 8-1-2008 by deltaboy]

The curve is what makes it better.
Ideally you would want it to surround you, and even better, a spherical screen all around you. When you view it, you want all parts of the screen to be equal distance from you eyes. 4k res? heh, its gonna take nothing short of quad-sli to run that monitor. BTW crysis is an amazing game. I'm running it on a 30" dell, and it is heavenly..

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
By flat, I think he wishes it was a flat panel, like an LCD. In fact, it is DLP rear-projection screen, so it has some depth to it (looks to be 6 inches or so). As for resolution, it runs at 2880x900, which most graphics cards should be able to handle fine.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by deltaboy

I had heard somewhere that they now have the technology to make these screens so thin that they can be wrapped around a pole such as in some futuristic movie advertisements.

You can do that with LCDs right now. You just need to take it out of it's protective case lmao. What you're thinking of is OLED technology or EInk technology.

Yeah this monitor is kickass but I wish it was a Flat Panel and not Rear Projection.... ASUS has one coming out soon that is a Flat Panel and it's based on OLED technology so no Backlighting is necessary since it emits it's own light.

Oh yeah, Alienware is overpriced. Wait for HannsG, Lenovo or ASUS to come out with a similar monitor, or if you can afford it buy that 150" Plasma screen

Wonder how much this baby going to cost.

Not that much I think since it's only rear projection. I'd say just over a thousand CND

[edit on 10-1-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
By flat, I think he wishes it was a flat panel, like an LCD. In fact, it is DLP rear-projection screen, so it has some depth to it (looks to be 6 inches or so). As for resolution, it runs at 2880x900, which most graphics cards should be able to handle fine.

haha, I seriously dought that many cards on the market would be able to push games out at that res. But you can only hope.

-fm

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
haha, I seriously dought that many cards on the market would be able to push games out at that res. But you can only hope.

-fm
My 2 year-old NVidia GForce 7800 can drive games at 1920x1200 (which is 2,304,000 pixels). 2880x900 is 2,592,000 pixels (just 12.5% more than 1920x1200).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Give it a couple more years, your wish will become true! Check this out:

new topics

top topics

join