It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone else have a strong feeling that 'something' will happen soon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is portentious or anything, but I had a very interesting and even more terrifying dream last night. It was 4:23 in the morning, and I was lying there, blissfully dreamless, when, out of nowhere, this blinding white light enveloped me; I couldn't see, and it burns my retinas just thinking about it.

You know that feeling you get when you're hit with a lot of electromagnetic radiation, like when you can 'feel' a TV being on in the next room, even though the sound is off? Well, I got that about a hundredfold about three seconds later. It was enough to make my heart consider stopping for a moment.

I woke up panting and sweating... the whole affair lasted about five seconds. Now, nuclear warfare has not crossed my mind in the least in these past few days, but that dream sure as hell felt like what would probably happen if a nuke went off a couple miles from my position...

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I've read that it's common in times of uncertainty that errant emotion can lead one, or many, to feelings and thoughts of doom or cataclysm.

What we see happening around the world with war, disease, and political positions becoming more delineated, may lead some to a general feeling of dissatisfaction with the present.

This only produces a climate conducive to change, which is what I'm all about, and I really can see how the actions of the people will ensure that the change is for the better.

With the level and frequency of communications among people worldwide, these changes are going to come about swiftly, and that is undoubtedly necessary, as we have a great deal of work to do.

As far as something big happening soon, well, you never know. I live just about right on top of that SuperCaldera, and I hope that's not the one, 'cause I'm really enjoying myself here.

DeltaChaos Out

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

Well said Delta.

Could you describe your interpretation of you avatar? I am intrigued

In peace,

+Jammer

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I'm not saying this is portentious or anything, but I had a very interesting and even more terrifying dream last night. It was 4:23 in the morning, and I was lying there, blissfully dreamless, when, out of nowhere, this blinding white light enveloped me; I couldn't see, and it burns my retinas just thinking about it.

You know that feeling you get when you're hit with a lot of electromagnetic radiation, like when you can 'feel' a TV being on in the next room, even though the sound is off? Well, I got that about a hundredfold about three seconds later. It was enough to make my heart consider stopping for a moment.

I woke up panting and sweating... the whole affair lasted about five seconds. Now, nuclear warfare has not crossed my mind in the least in these past few days, but that dream sure as hell felt like what would probably happen if a nuke went off a couple miles from my position...

Any thoughts?

Interesting about dreams...

I was telling my brother the other night about the Yellowstone Supervolcano and showing him a few sites on it. He said that his girlfriend's mother told them she was having a reoccurring dream that she would look at the sky and there was a wall of pure blackness coming to engulf everything. She was looking to the West in her dream. The dream itself wasn't as suprising to me as my response to my brother telling me this. I felt like a "shockwave" of energy hit me, as if time itself rippled. I don't know why but it brought tears to my eyes almost instantly, before I had a chance to really grasp what was happening. The feelings inside were not fear so much as realization. A sort of 'internal confirmation' of something that I had suspected was there. Difficult to describe. Very strange but very real.

May God bless us ALL!

+Jammer

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by jammerman]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I want to see someone make a post that says "I have this weird feeling that something bad is going to happen soon" and have everyone else reply with "sorry, you must be just paranoid... I have no such feeling" for once!

Almost every time I see someone post a "feeling" of immediate disaster, everyone else almost inevitably has it also! As someone mentioned previously, it could be just the state of the world, and the weird "calmness" that we have right now.. just so suspicious!

Al qaeda "chatter" also supposedly stopped and is silent now. Dunno what this means though. Seems like all they do is "talk" lately anyway! They talk the talk but nobody walks the walk.

Is this the calm before the storm? Also, remember... all waves have a "retraction" period. If there is a big wave coming (which it is, but don't quote me on that), then the weirdness around this planet is definitely charging up for some big event. I mean honestly, who evacuates a whole town based on spontaneous unexplained combustion (like in Sicily, Italy just recently). This is NOT a normal event.. by far!

I'd advise we all watch for similar stories of massive weirdness... these are our signs of the times, and the times are crazy! I suspect these stories won't reach the mainstream media so easily, so it's up to us individually to dig them out and post them as we find them!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if u think that way then when 'something' does happen you will say ooh i predicted that. being pessimistic forces u to anticipate bad things. like my gran was told ages n ages ago by a gypsy woman she would die soon. but she lived another 50 somthing years. but she spent so many of those yrs worrying over nothing. to be honest there r too many worriers in here.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i totally agree lilblam! go u

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by happyk
i totally agree lilblam! go u

Well this is an interesting observation... we always have this "feeling" when someone else brings it up

This isn't exactly intuition... intuition seems to be oriented towards something specific... so this is just paranoia

Also notice nothing happened yet, right? This was posted on 2/12. Now.. imagine we got nuked on 2/13... he could then scream "I KNEW IT"

When in reality, it was simply a paranoid feeling! Then he'd learn that his paranoia is a good thing to listen to (falsely) and if he survived the nuke he'd probably rely on it for his life's decisions and make some poor choices!

Lucky is that nothing happened, so we are forced to go back to our logical mind to rely upon for our decisions.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by lilblam]

TPL

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sorry, you're all must be just paranoid... I have no such feeling" for once!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I started getting really strong feelings that something will happen back in December 2003. It hasn't gone away since. I believe that there are certain people out there that are sensitive to certain vibrations and have an intuitive feel to things. Whether I am one(I know for a fact that I am a very strong empath) that remains to be seen. But I just "know" that something will happen in the very near future. Possibly in the next 2 months or so.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
omg! ive been feeling like this for ages now. i just kept thinking that something was gonna happen, i dont know whether it be world wide or like in my home town or something, but i have felt this.

maybe this is some sort of subconcious connection with the future or something.....who knows....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join