It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the race for race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am a 28 yr old cauc. male pondering over an idea an african american enlightened me with. First I'll just ask this as a first part to my question: Is the bible an account of the black mans true history? Most will argue it was egypt, But werent egyptians technically and genetically black before the invasion of greeks and romans who became the hyksos dynasty..... there is a second part to this but I want a recation to this before I drop the bomb!

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Interesting, but the race the bible chronicles is not the Egyptian race, so I don't see how that is relevant.

Where's the other shoes that you are going to drop; it might shed some light.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 05:03 PM
link   
(man, I'll get controversy over this one!)

Is the bible an account of the black mans true history?

No, it's Judaic myths and legends. Although there can be Black Jews, they're a separate ethnic (not race -- ethnic) group from the Mediterranean Caucasians.

Remember, the Bible is about Jews. Nobody else. Because of their strict laws against marrying outside the religion, we're fairly certain that the ethnic population isn't Black.

Most will argue it was egypt, But werent egyptians technically and genetically black before the invasion of greeks and romans who became the hyksos dynasty.....

The following link to a "Black Athena" website/board shows that the people who are proposing this idea ALSO propose a "mediterranean Black" type of subrace; one that has the classic Mediterranian features. I'm not sure if this is a case of "methinks the lady doth protest too much" or of good research. I'd have to look at some more stuff on genetics. Anyway, the link:
members.tripod.com...

At this point, the link looks weak. I want to take a look at language origins and genetic populations before I say yes or no.

(notes for scholars):
www.ucl.ac.uk...

...and this:www.culturekiosque.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you're suggesting that Jesus might be Black, I'd say the odds are against it... unless you count the mediterranean people as Black. But it's a pretty good guess that he had olive skin, dark curly hair, and dark brown to black eyes.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In the Bible there were some whites, most of them had Greek-ish skin. By that I mean olive skinned. But there were no blacks, maybe there was a Jew who was balck but I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Okay... got some answers for you, courtesy of my family who are avid Discovery Channel/TLC watchers:

Yes, there were some Nubian kings of Egypt, so there were Blacks in the Egyptian dynasties. Apparently race wasn't much of an issue with them.

There is a legend that is PARTLY substantiated (weakly substantiated) that the Queen of Sheba who visited Solomon was Black and that she went home carrying his child and a knowledge of the Jewish religion. In any case, there's a group of Black Jews in Ethiopia whose religion seems to date from about 200 BC (not far back enough for Solomon).

They are said (weak archaeological evidence supports it) to have the Ark of the Covenant in their possession.

The "factoid" that the Blacks are descended from Cain or one of Noah's sons is not supported archaeologically or genetically or anthropologically.

(there. I tried to cover all the bases. I bet he asks something else!)

[Edited on 13-12-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thorough, Byrd, very thorough.
I have to tell you, this hang-up with race is like sand in the shorts, don't you think?
I don't remember coming across many verses where the color of the skin played a role. The Jewish bloodline seems to be the factor, threading from Adam to Christ.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The Jewish bloodline seems to be the factor, threading from Adam to Christ.

how could adam be jewish?
abraham founded judaism thousands of years later.

Abraham "founded" Judaism? Sounds more like a town than a race!

[Edited on 13-12-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 10:11 PM
link   
On the practical level, Jesus could not be any more than jewish.

Indeed there were the black jews or ethiopia, but they are not genetic jews, but pracitce judaism. They are alled the Fulashi, and I had the experience of hitch hiking in a bus full of them through isael once.

Also true that they are meant to have the ark of the covenant, there is an intereasting book written on it with pics etc. Sounds like a likely story...

There is a story that Simon (?) in the bible who carried the cross was a nubian, but I don't know where that came from.

Why should race be an issue? Its just that american blacks are so "race sensitized" and politicised (as are the whites) that the issue arises. Chinese don't try and make Jesus chinese, no pacific islander complains that Jesus isn't a PI.

Get over the race issue and see the events in Iseael as a form of "everyman" Jesus died for every person, and Revelations speaks of people of all races, praising God.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Only one response i seen right was from netchicken.

This arguing and wondering of jesus sskin color or what race
is more dominate in the bible is foolish nonsense to god, since this same
god created all creatures.

it is pure nonsense.

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Let's see what his question really is/was.

Mea culpa on this thread. I anticipated and "over-answered" stuff.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 12:11 PM
link   
you never know, this common kid could be (illmatic) who brings this issue
up alot.

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Byrd I didn't mean this as any critism of you or any other posters here, just as a general comment.

Its all part of the politicization of Jesus...

Was Jesus black?
Was Jesus Gay?
Was Jesus a one armed disabled lesbian...
Was Jesus a green loving, tree hugging, hippie?

People - particularly in the 70's and 80's tried to use Jesus as a hook to hang their own issues, or as a barrow to push their own agendas.

So my reply was not directed at your fulsome posts, but at the undelying philosophy pervading the question as I saw it.

Keep posting! I would prefer to be swamped with info rather than starved of it...

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 11:13 AM
link   
truth, you should get slapped for using my name in such a comment like that, what the hell is wrong with you

This is my first time opening this topic because i've been away for such a long time, this post was all the way at the bottom.

Common, your one of the few white people who will give the black man his credit, much love to you and may God bless you

dont listen to christian racists like truth, because he will preach love for all races but in his heart he'll have a prejudice towards colored people..

you cant help him though, he'll call me a devil and his defense is that he is a brainwashed christian.

Common, Solomon was a black man, David was a black man, Abraham was a black man.. Abraham's ancestor was Adam... If Abraham was black , Adam had to be black

Adam and Eve were both black... God created Adam in his own image
Black is the combination of all colors, white is the lack there of

"Dark Am I, yet lovely,
O daughters of Jerusalem,
dark like the tents of Kedar,
like the tent curtains of Solomon.
Do not stare at me because I am dark,
because I am blackened by the sun"
Song of Songs 1:5-6

In the bible, white skin is defined as a curse.

"'Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and your descendants forever.' Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and he was leprous, as white as snow."

Why would Elisha place a curse on someone to become white if he was white himself? The answer is that he was black..

COMMON, with all these facts and evidence, people like the truth will still believe that i'm the devil and i'm spreading false lies... it's written in the BIBLE.. i gave you chapters and verses, but the truth will try to sound wise on his reply and say something like God has love for all and that i'm wrong and he's right... it's his defense against me. THESE ARE THE FACTS.. It's in a christian's defense to know that when he knows he's wrong, he'll still say he's right because he's a christian and that he's going to heaven that your going to hell..

play with fire you get burned truth, dont ever say my name on a post without me posting on it first.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The real question here should be if it would matter if Jesus was black or if the Jews were would you stop believing? Would you still strive for salvation? All that is irrelevant to the message God is trying to send through the bible.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The real question here should be if it would matter if Jesus was black or if the Jews were would you stop believing? Would you still strive for salvation? All that is irrelevant to the message God is trying to send through the bible.

Obviously it did mattered, because if it didnt matter... The Romans at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD I believe wouldnt change the Messiah's name to Jesus to incorporate their pagan beliefs into christianity

Jesus comes from the latinized greek name IESOUS which means "Healing Zues"

If it didnt matter, the early romans wouldnt be painting those white portraits of a blue eyed blonde haired jesus

trust me, it would stop christians (not all)from believing if they found out that the Messiah was a BLACK MAN.

imagine how a white european christian would feel when he was conquesting africa in the name of Jesus, kidnapping and raping blacks to only find out that the person he fought for was black himself.. the truth hurts.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No im not a biggot inside my hart.

You actually do not know me very well.

I live around and know numerous black people.

my brothers girlfriend is black and i love her soul dearly.

I find it very hard you can judge letters on a screen so severely.

Again color means nothing to God, and every thinking persons conscience should tel them this.

peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK illmatic, if a christian who thinks jesus is white finds out he was darkish
and jewish and he denounced christ on this account he is a HERETIC.

if YOU denounce christ if he was white you would be the same as they.

Christ was darkish, a real jew, ive said this many times, i STILL love his soul because he
is the lord god.

Am i supposed to see his fleshly color as important?

Am i supposed to denounce the saviour by his appearance?

Does the bible NOT say do not try to imagine whaat god looks like.

does it not say this?

Do not judge others or you too have become the hypocrite.

All that are moral and good i love, maybee you should study scripture alittle harder because your last post
was nothing but furios filled hate in it.

We will give ACCOUNT of our judgements.

I grew up in an all black city

i went to all black schools

yet you imagine me as some white suberb christian don't you?

Youll see my life at the judgement seat and god will show (you) how may times this (white) man
prayed for you illmatic, how i told god ill suffer for your conversion.

youll see my life in review and you will be ashamed at calling me racist.

peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 11:30 AM
link   

All that are moral and good i love, maybee you should study scripture alittle harder because your last post
was nothing but furios filled hate in it.

what do you call what my last two posts? if it's not from the scripture then where is it from? I didnt "invent" those verses of Solomon and Elisha... LOOK IT UP...

My "knowledge" doesnt just pooof, come into my head.. I READ... and I would never post something I didnt have evidence to back it up.

Truth, I can still see your having difficulty saying Jesus was a black man, that's why your saying "darkish" like black and darkish arent the same thing.

Does the bible NOT say do not try to imagine whaat god looks like.

DUHHHHHH!!!!!! that's my whole damn point.. if the europeans didnt paint a picture of Jesus we wouldnt even be having this convo.. if they didnt draw a portrait of him there wouldnt be NO RACISM.. you call Jesus your God... well they painted a portrait of God and look what it has caused!!!!

You know why Muslims dont have this problem? because they were smart enough not to have any portrait of Muhammad.

I dont care if you grew up in a all black city.. good for you... i dont care about your personal life.

All I've been doing is posting the truth and you've been trying to evade everything I said based on evidence because it hurts..

change your name to the truth hurts.

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ok jesus was not africam american, but jewish, thats what i mean by darkish.

jews are the chosen people, he was jewish, darkish like ben laden, but you just posted something i needed to know.

"" i don't care about your personal life ""

thats all i needed to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join