It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't believe in ET's are wrong!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
No conclusive evidence? You're in the right place to have a chance to modify that statement. After you read the stories of those who, by the way, have nothing to gain by believing what they themselves have seen, and then go to the documents that ATS are making available from the government record here through FOIA Clifford Stone has made available, you just might see some new possibilities.

Apparently, anyone who has gone through this FOIA material comes out a believer. Even admitted skeptics.

That's just not so. There are some interesting sightings reports, but a lot of the more controversial documents (such as those dealing with EBEs and such), are just that... controversial. Nothing else backs them up.

Evidence is not the problem. We got more evidence than we know what to do with. The problem has always been authentication, corroboration and presentation of a consistent, logical proof that connects Point "A," which is UFOs and associated phenomena, to Point "B," which can be anything from Martians to Munchkins.

I would go so far as to say that the more a person investigates and finds dead ends, the less likely they are to become a believer. I know this from personal experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

These are not belief systems. You have to look at the facts, not the dogma. The education I speak of is mostly in knowing there are other places to find information besides the governmental, military, iPod, the Cable TV and "secular belief systems". Not the 3-R's. Awareness of reality. Practical awareness. Science knowledge is lower here in the United States than in some third world countries. What does that say? Some of us have actually learned to think for ourselves.

The fact is, the statistics have shown that the more educated you are, the more likely you will believe in the possibility of life on other worlds. Where would that come from? Go ahead and question that. It is healthy to do so, but back it up with facts like we all have to here.

Many of us know what is real because we have experienced without drugs, mental disease or intimidation the reality that these things exist. We are also, some of us, educated enough to know how to learn. That is what education should be doing, not forcing memorization for being a gear in a machine.

I have been convinced of alien and UFOs since my first experience. I am sorry, but I personally have no perspective now of those who are without an experience and do believe, but I have found them to be generally more educated and I have respect for such bravery of intelligent imagination. I also have compassion for those who don't believe.

It is the same general reason we are careening toward the possible destruction of the Planet and ourselves. Exceptions abound with 6.8 billion souls on this rock of course. But, yea, we are more stupid than smart and it applies to many problems we are having in society and other places in this civilization at the edge. Including the possibility we are not the center of the universe and Gods only creations.

And trying to insult this genera with a term like "religion" is useless. Religion in general is the cause of much of our problems throughout recorded time to today. Even though the first UFO reports where from the religious doctrine and religious historic record. We're way past that. Try spirituality. That means something.

You might need a wider example of this general awareness. The sheep dog is media. The owners of the sheep dogs are a scarier story. How many go beyond the morning paper or evening news to gather information to form an opinion? Most use the current "owned" media like they use a tv dinner or a fast food burger stand to get nourishment. We are largely fat and stupid. Fact.

If we cannot admit the problem, we will never be able to resolve it. I'm just stating the obvious there for many, but if you do not believe in such things as aliens or UFOs you have the right to remain uninformed. We might ask why though that intellectually someone cannot believe what the facts are telling us. They exist, are here, been here for some time, and we, might not if we do not wise up.

ZG

intellectually i demand facts and i accept nothing at face value. I dont believe everything i read or watch on TV. iv'e looked at the pictures, movies, read the testaments because believe me i was very much into believing but the more i read and the more i found out the less I believed. Exactly the same thing happened to me as a child with religion.

You mentioned statistically the more educated you are the more likely you are to believe in life on other planets, I think that is nonsense many idiots believe in all sorts of things just from watching the x-files, believing something has no bearing on you're intelligence, questioning it and be willing to change you're mind if needed does.

For the record I do believe life is out there in some form or another I don't think its been here. Also a lot of your slightly patronizing "learned to think for ourselves" sounds like it came straight out of a david icke book, its great to be idealistic but when others ideals don't match you're own, and you shoot them down as uninformed you stop being educated and become ignorant. I'm looking for facts and proofs, so far iv'e seen none that convince me, it's that simple i am definitely willing to change my beliefs if that is where the evidence takes me, the very fact the first question you must ask is "do you believe in UFO's" shows maybe the evidence ain't that concrete. Keep searching and showing compassion
and i'll do the same

quote - my quoting has poorly performed - end quote

[edit on 10-1-2008 by R-evolve]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the b rain
Our governments would kiss alien A$% just to gain access to technology that could be used for further destruction and misery.

More than just one or two people have corroborated this as a situation/opportunity already created/presented after some major crashes were recovered. Take Roswell for example....

b

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Come on... seriously. You know, documented studies have shown that the overwhelming amount of people who adamantly believe in aliens ALSO have a tendency to believe in a God. Whether that God is Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, or Tony the Tiger, they do have an inclination towards those beliefs.

However, setting that aside, what does believing in aliens, or UFO's or ET's have to do with Gods? UFO's, whether they exist or not, as documented or photographed, don't exhibit the characteristics of Godly beings. So why is it so unbelievable that someone who believes in these things would choose NOT to believe in the existence of Gods?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
BSpiracy wrote:

You can't take Roswell for example, because there's no concrete proof that anything ever even happened at Roswell, so how can you use THAT as an example?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Dear metaldemon,

I have to say while I haven't held my tongue in the past, I too am angered by what passes for deduction and reason in the UFO section of ATS. Except I take the opposite view.
People who want to believe in aliens visiting the earth seem to fall into two categories:
1) the type that takes a very analytical approach with hi-res photos decked out with arrows and circles and depictions of detail that don't mean squat without arrows and circles and...
2) the type that wants aliens turning up and saying, "You've got it all wrong, mate. God's name is Roger, the Omnipotent."
If I might ask, what's the point in believing in ETs?
Do you believe in Chinese?
Do you believe in Haitians?
Do you believe in Native Americans?
If we understood each of these peoples in great detail we might have a greater understanding of the world around us and make this world a better place as a result. The main reason for the the state of the world today is the undeniable fact that we don't understand the cultures of our own planet. Do you really think ET will make things easier or better for you?
Maybe it is better to indulge in science fiction rather than trying to salvage the world around us. If there is a people more advanced than us in the universe, maybe they realized the best way to make contact is to let people come to them while they get on with the business of tending to themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Yea, I searched many religions west and east when I was young, looking for truth of some sort, but found more meaning in other places. Some religion is functional like Buddhism, Zen and such, not for the large part very misguided and self serving. But I want to stress how this linear idea of proof and such with regard to the alien forms of consciousness and the effects we get from interacting with them put these ideas out the window.

It's like asking your eye to prove it exists by looking at itself. (without a mirror for you wise guys). Or a camera taking a picture of itself to prove it exists. Silly.

I just posted something I wrote on another thread I will post here too. It explains why we cannot, from our current context, really satisfy our need for proof in many ways. Personal experience is the only sure way, and even there, when someone sites the pedantic understanding in the young sciences with causation like "Sleep Paralysis" or a similarly barely understood areas of science, it just retards any serious continued investigation.

Fear will have us grasping at any tenuous straws as reason looses grip and fears falling to it's death. We are a highly phobic society.

This phenomena will inevitably show that our levels of awareness are sorely insufficient to really perceive reality. I'll explain in the next post.

ZG

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As promised.

This is a hard one, unless you have advanced experiences in non-ordinary reality like some of us. Here is where most people miss the train of thought.

When you are interacting with these species, remember, there are different perceptive and dimensional context that when translated to our gross verbal, cannot be understood literally. In the same way as another languages syntax is different and can mean something completely different when said from the syntax of another. You get the idea.

Now imagine their time is not linear and not sequential like ours. You actually cannot here. So don’t even waste time to try. Listen to what experiencers are saying. It may be more HOW they are saying it rather than WHAT they are saying. Be ready for that. Turn off your dense filters and listen. I use a course filter so as not to miss details usually overlooked.

Now know there are maybe hundreds of species that have been here and interacted with people over the thousands of years we have records for, and maybe millions of years and subsequent rises and falling of civilizations that their traces have all but dissolved over time. Exceptions are the Pyramids and the Sphinx which is now pre dated a couple hundred thousand years before the Egyptian culture even began. (Shhhh, this will tick off the Egyptians, but is proving to be true.) Slightly off track here.

Now know, that each of these diverse sentient beings has a different ontological context. In other words, their whole structure of personal reality is vastly different then ours. A different perception of time, space, technology, history and a culture sometimes spanning millions of years (our so-called civilization is only a couple to a few thousand years recorded). How will such species think, talk, love, create? You cannot know. Just listen.

When they (a being) communicate with us we notice they have evolved many additional advanced traits. Like broadcasting energetic information from one mind to another by either an EM field frequency, or quantum interconnected awareness, (Telepathy). We don't know, but it is there and fairly universal. They might also use pheremonal data or nano chemicals to communicate.

They have abilities to not only modify our perceptions and memory, but manage them as well, closing off segments for reasons unique to each individual they are working with (or on) and, some maybe global. How would such a form of communication change their context from ours? I expect much.

The technologies experiencers are exposed to are sometimes indistinguishable from mundane items. They operate and perform functions that serve different types of perceptions we are not privy to. Like linear time groomers or artificial emotion amplifiers. Huh? But stranger than stuff like that. Try and grasp such bizarre concepts, then explain it to a Hermit Crab. Problems? I bet.

They might “grow” their ships like we grow a gourd in our garden to make a bowl. The craft might at least have artificial life and intelligence if not actually be a conscious being, created much like we would breed a horse a couple hundred years ago for our transportation and heavy labor, or they might be growing a crystal from solution with all the computing, sensory and control technology intact. Can you begin to see how vastly different these worlds we are interacting with are from ours? Can we do anything but stand in awe if ever confronted with such realities?

Many will go nuts like some do on a bad psychotropic experience where they loose their grip on the world by holding on too hard to their limited world description. Let go, watch, listen, feel and stay awake. You will adapt a wider bandwidth and gain understanding as yet not developed in you.

benign.psychosis, on another thread said he was taken to the Kuiper Belt by Grays and said a craft was mining there. That may indicate independent autonomous functions, or other concepts for energy management capabilities. Horse sent to pasture for a while?

FYI, Some atomic elements we are just discovering that where possibly used in reactors in recovered craft used an element 115 that produces gravity waves that is amplified and, also, produces an antimatter reaction that powers the craft and gravity amplifiers. Apparently we do not have much of that element here on Earth due to it only being produced in double star systems. 2/3rds of the stars in the sky are double stars. We have only Sol. The Kuiper belt might in fact have a higher concentration of these elements from interstellar assimilation (outside material drifting in and being caught gravitationally in the belt). Here an experiencer might be giving us data without knowing. You have to listen closely.

Many different types of energy producing technology and propulsion have been seen in UFO recoveries. (see Clifford Stones writings and research) This is just one, and allowing people here to tell their story having to litigate proof just mucks up the water so no one can see. They (experiencers) can tell us details like this that gives serious researchers tons of data to discuss if we can listen and let him describe and not have to defend every word, phrase and inflection.

Some species use time and dimensional physics to travel. This again will make them different in ways that when in their presence you will feel like a one-celled organism at a math conference. Prepare to be blithering idiots, because we ARE to them.

We do have some unique and very beautiful abilities and can do things some of these species cannot, and maybe envy that we evolved from combinations of genetic influences and terrestrial evolutionary paths. They know however we do not even understand most of these abilities and do not use them sufficiently to get good at utilizing them. They want some of them however, and some are attempting to fold our genes into their own for varying reasons, I have heard of a few.

Essentially we are dealing with alternate states of consciousness when in the presence of these and other beings. They have to stoop way down intellectually (so to speak) to communicate with us in most cases.

We have to be quiet, turn of the fear of loosing our grip on reality to get any further. Asking for proof is not what people think. The implications are horrifying to the limited, linear dimendional ego-strapped awareness.

ZG

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
About the warn.

Apparently I was slapped 500 points in another thread for taking issue with all the people asking for proof and questioning this honest O.P. just wanting to tell his story. When I cut and pasted here I think the code came with it. A bug I think.

ZG

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by archangelgabriel

No, you come on Gabe. I don't know what documented studies you are referring to but based on the threads I read here, seems like there are more athiests than anything else, many of which claim to see ufo's on a regular basis.

Aliens may not exhibit characteristics of God but many people here would not waste any time bowing down to little old Grey beings.
Would it be safe to call them grey-nosers?

Some claim God and aliens are working together, others say they are at war.

I would suggest you dig deep into previous threads and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
**EDIT: DOUBLE POST**

[edit on 11-1-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hemabussen
There are more planets in the Universe than sand on earth,

Sorry, you have no way of knowing this. There may be more stars, but not all stars have planets. We don't know the percentage of stars with planets. This is not proof, but a belief on your part.

The problem with us human is that we think we are so great...

An accusation that is easily applied to those who believe aliens are visiting the Earth. Why are we so special or great that another species would spend the massive amount of time and resources to come here?

The possibility that we are alone in the universe is 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Again, this is nothing but a guess on your part. Yes, many people will trot out the Drake Equation, but that is theory, not scientific law, based on variables we have no way of knowing yet.

There is no chance in hell we are alone in this univers, and if you belive otherwhise you are a selfish.

Again, you have no way of knowing what the chances of us being are or not are. Even then, you contradict yourself: even if it's just a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance we are alone, there is still a chance.

And, as I talked about above, it is just as selfish to believe we are so special and important that another race would take interest in us.

!!!!!!!!!ALL WE NEED TO DO IS OPEN OUR MINDS!!!!!!!

This is code for: agree with me! You have already made up your mind about aliens, and refused to be swayed, to the point of fanaticism (simply look at your rhetoric directed towards those who don't agree with you). That is the very definition of closed-mindedness. Perhaps you should open your mind to the possibility we are alone.

I challange everybody on ATS that has never seen a UFO.

The challange: Go outside abouth midnight, bring some water and some food, and maby a friend so you dont get bord.

And this will proven absolutely nothing. I've seen a UFO on two seperate occasions, seperated by a 10 year span. It doesn't prove anything. Perhaps you need to understand what the definition of the word "unidentified" means...

unidentified

1. not yet identified; "an unidentified species"; "an unidentified witness"
2. being or having an unknown or unnamed source; "a poem by an unknown author"; "corporations responsible to nameless owners"; "an unnamed donor"

In otherwords, if it's unidentified, you don't know if it's alien or not. You are being closed-minded, and making assumptions based on no evidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

OK, bear with me here, tongue in cheek, but a serious response. (For a general cynics response.)

I actually have no proof you are who you are and that your opinion actually exists. Should I demand proof? Name, address and DNA? I don't actually believe such an attitude exists and therefore can dismiss what you are saying out of hand?

Two edges to every sword.

The logic (if you can even call it that) is that you need extrordinary proof for extrordinary claims. Granted your not believing was not extraordinary, in fact is quite common. But you believe the pyramids exist, right? Ever been there? So because it is not controversial you can assume because so many others have taken pictures, told stories and written in books about their journeys there that it is fact. So, prove it. Make me see it. Not CGI pictures or books by wackos in the 1800's using then legal drugs like coc aine and Laudanum, I want evidence I can find tangible. I want to experience it. Fly me there. Your cost.

That is what I hear ad-nausium. You likely believe "I' should go there and see it for my self if I have a problem with it, right? I agree.

Do even more reading (I can put together a short list if you cannot find it in the tabloids section) like I and many hundreds of thousands of people have done, and myself for 40 years, seen the evidence from people and documents from government and private industry, peoples statements, even people we know and trust. Do some more research and THEN I will hear your arguments and consider them valid. Yet your credibility lacks proof until then. By your standards. (should I ask for a list of the books you have read and discount them??? That is the attitude we see so often.)

I cannot possibly "take you there". There are tens of thousands of documents, books, papers and even as many photos, accounts and even physical evidence. Ever heard about that? How can you refute government, military and law enforcement, doctors, PhD and other "upstanding and intelligent" people? I may understand a drunk or mentally challenged persons account is questionable. But everyone else?

And so,...

So unless the Gisa Pyramid flies here and lands in front of me, I can discount your claim it exists.

And, when I see it I can claim, due to my fervent disbelief that it must have been a dream or you slipped me drugs, or hypnotized me to see it and made me cluck like a chicken but not remember. All without evidence for my own claim it's faked too, do you see? Neither can prove anything.

So we see that cynicism is rampant in our culture. No one trusts no one. I say what I know in my mind and heart are true, but I must pay the sins of others who have fooled you or hurt you? Quite a sad world we have. I'm not asking you to trust me. Just hear what I am convinced of and know"I" believe it to be true. Others will, and do also.

There is no convincing anyone of anything if they don't have at least a possibility of such things in their description of the world, or take personal responsibility and actually open a book, many books, and do some work like we who now believe and actually have done the work. You say you have. Can you prove it?

I myself have had extraordinary evidence. I tended to believe before that also. But I took responsibility and did the research. Now I can talk about it after all these years. And, many more will also as the reality unfolds. Likely someone you know and love.

You mentioned statistically the more educated you are the more likely you are to believe in life on other planets, I think that is nonsense many idiots believe in all sorts of things just from watching the x-files, believing something has no bearing on you're intelligence, questioning it and be willing to change you're mind if needed does.

I cannot find the time to site the statistical report now, but it was done by many polls and government, media and industry studies. Google the statement for us and post your results if you contest it's validity. Then show us specific evidence for each study and why it is not valid. Lot of work, right?

Prove to us you cannot find the time and effort to do this.

We'll wait for your response.

Also a lot of your slightly patronizing "learned to think for ourselves" sounds like it came straight out of a david icke book, its great to be idealistic but when others ideals don't match you're own, and you shoot them down as uninformed you stop being educated and become ignorant.

Actually I did learn to think for myself. I sound like David Ike? You mean my attitude that we are stupid and destroying ourselves, or what? My voice? Was that some kind of shot? You missed. try again.

I will not convince anyone of anything. We can only prove it to ourselves. If my statements hit a chord, find out why. There might be evidence of other things you don't know about yourself.

ZG

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Can you tell me a bit about your personal experience? I'm curios. I know about all the dead ends. They are in everything from the tax laws to a warranty on your computer, but that is to be expected. If something is actively being hidden, it will of course be riddled with such barriers. I kept looking.

Hey, your graphic reminded me of the KoolAid line when I was a kid. Thanks. Ever seen Rooten-Tooten Rasberry, or Goofy Grape originals. They are icons of advertising sugar consumption to all us old diabetics.

Still a blast from the past.

ZG

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

OK, bear with me here, tongue in cheek, but a serious response. (For a general cynics response.)

I actually have no proof you are who you are and that your opinion actually exists. Should I demand proof? Name, address and DNA? I don't actually believe such an attitude exists and therefore can dismiss what you are saying out of hand?

Two edges to every sword.

The logic (if you can even call it that) is that you need extrordinary proof for extrordinary claims. Granted your not believing was not extraordinary, in fact is quite common. But you believe the pyramids exist, right? Ever been there? So because it is not controversial you can assume because so many others have taken pictures, told stories and written in books about their journeys there that it is fact. So, prove it. Make me see it. Not CGI pictures or books by wackos in the 1800's using then legal drugs like coc aine and Laudanum, I want evidence I can find tangible. I want to experience it. Fly me there. Your cost.

That is what I hear ad-nausium. You likely believe "I' should go there and see it for my self if I have a problem with it, right? I agree.

Do even more reading (I can put together a short list if you cannot find it in the tabloids section) like I and many hundreds of thousands of people have done, and myself for 40 years, seen the evidence from people and documents from government and private industry, peoples statements, even people we know and trust. Do some more research and THEN I will hear your arguments and consider them valid. Yet your credibility lacks proof until then. By your standards. (should I ask for a list of the books you have read and discount them??? That is the attitude we see so often.)

I cannot possibly "take you there". There are tens of thousands of documents, books, papers and even as many photos, accounts and even physical evidence. Ever heard about that? How can you refute government, military and law enforcement, doctors, PhD and other "upstanding and intelligent" people? I may understand a drunk or mentally challenged persons account is questionable. But everyone else?

And so,...

So unless the Gisa Pyramid flies here and lands in front of me, I can discount your claim it exists.

And, when I see it I can claim, due to my fervent disbelief that it must have been a dream or you slipped me drugs, or hypnotized me to see it and made me cluck like a chicken but not remember. All without evidence for my own claim it's faked too, do you see? Neither can prove anything.

So we see that cynicism is rampant in our culture. No one trusts no one. I say what I know in my mind and heart are true, but I must pay the sins of others who have fooled you or hurt you? Quite a sad world we have. I'm not asking you to trust me. Just hear what I am convinced of and know"I" believe it to be true. Others will, and do also.

There is no convincing anyone of anything if they don't have at least a possibility of such things in their description of the world, or take personal responsibility and actually open a book, many books, and do some work like we who now believe and actually have done the work. You say you have. Can you prove it?

I myself have had extraordinary evidence. I tended to believe before that also. But I took responsibility and did the research. Now I can talk about it after all these years. And, many more will also as the reality unfolds. Likely someone you know and love.

I cannot find the time to site the statistical report now, but it was done by many polls and government, media and industry studies. Google the statement for us and post your results if you contest it's validity. Then show us specific evidence for each study and why it is not valid. Lot of work, right?

Prove to us you cannot find the time and effort to do this.

We'll wait for your response.

Also a lot of your slightly patronizing "learned to think for ourselves" sounds like it came straight out of a david icke book, its great to be idealistic but when others ideals don't match you're own, and you shoot them down as uninformed you stop being educated and become ignorant.

Actually I did learn to think for myself. I sound like David Ike? You mean my attitude that we are stupid and destroying ourselves, or what? My voice? Was that some kind of shot? You missed. try again.

I will not convince anyone of anything. We can only prove it to ourselves. If my statements hit a chord, find out why. There might be evidence of other things you don't know about yourself.

ZG

Wow basically im not going to waste my time and yours by searching through hours of conjecture just to come to the same conclusion i did years ago, that aliens do not visit earth. You show me the evidence, Iv'e read through what are supposed to be the best ufology has to offer and it offers nothing. so at least point me in the right direction to a case just 1 case so you can prove your point. I could buy you a ticket to gisa and you would find the pyramids what is your ticket to proof.

I couldn't disprove it if someone said they have just seen godzilla but common sense would tell me they hadn't, now if they said they have just seen mick jagger its unlikely but at least its in the realms of possibility. The pyramids are within the realms of accepting because i could validate it for myself, you cannot validate aliens visiting us so instead you twist logic to suit you're argument

anyway we could go round in circles here so i'll end my participation here. and I do hope if you have the last word it convinces me because i do want to believe.

your last paragraph sounded again like icke, i don't need to look within and find out anything about myself, I know me as i am me 'duh' to you not believing is a flaw and to me not believing everything is a strength, adieu

[edit on 13-1-2008 by R-evolve]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I mean there is enough evidence to suggest they come here and have come here in the past and also anyone who even remotely knows a thing or two about basic high school astronomy should know that the possibilities are endless for life in not only our galaxy but the entire universe.

What's really at issue here is if there exists any evidence that does more than suggest ET visitation to this planet.

A lot of people would like to see something more on the order of proof.

I wouldn't want to interfere with your articles of faith, but flaming others for wanting something more than grainy out of focus photos and anecdotes isn't exactly fair.

I think life may very well have evolved somewhere else in the universe. I can't prove it, so I don't expect others to believe me.

What I don't believe is that any living human being is in possession of absolute proof that ETs have visited this planet or that they are doing so today.

I'm open minded, though. If you've have proof, then please, by all means, share it with us.

[edit on 2008/1/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think life may very well have evolved somewhere else in the universe

That is a very good possibility.

What I don't believe is that any living human being is in possession of absolute proof that ETs have visited this planet or that they are doing so today.

We wouldnt. I think most people have seen enough star trek to know that an advanced race does not interfere with one that is not for obvious issues concerning morality. But that does not mean they can't observe, perhaps at times they get caught doing so. Its really hard to say.

I do however, believe we are what remains of a previous society that either fell or became cut off from what it was. Perhaps ETs are what became of our ancestors and they quietly watch over us awaiting the day we can rejoin them in the galactic community. Or perhaps they or other species are intentionally holding us back. All speculation but untill it has been proven 100% false the possibilities are endless.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I think most people have seen enough star trek to know that an advanced race does not interfere with one that is not for obvious issues concerning morality.

Star Trek?

Are you referring to that television series and movie franchise?

Can you possibly be serious?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

We wouldnt. I think most people have seen enough star trek to know that an advanced race does not interfere with one that is not for obvious issues concerning morality. But that does not mean they can't observe, perhaps at times they get caught doing so. Its really hard to say.

Wait... Aliens follow Star Trek rules? You mean "The first directive" and all?

How come? Did they watch the show and decided this is the way to go?

One thing i do know, is that channeled aliens allways seem not only to follow Star Trek / Star Wars / Star Gate rules, but also seem to base their entire technology on these shows. Kinda like in Galaxy Quest...

Isn't this funny? The more "advanced" science fiction becomes, the more "advanced" the channeled aliens become.

Of course if we combine this fact with the fact that channeled aliens, for some strange reason, ony seem to be able to communicate through very weak and / or delusional minds, we might come to a very interesting conclusion...

I mean the logical one, not the wishfull thinking one..

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarrenPiece
reply to post by metaldemon2000

People who want to believe in aliens visiting the earth seem to fall into two categories:
1) the type that takes a very analytical approach with hi-res photos decked out with arrows and circles and depictions of detail that don't mean squat without arrows and circles and...
2) the type that wants aliens turning up and saying, "You've got it all wrong, mate. God's name is Roger, the Omnipotent."

We are indeed very wrong about a mountain of subjects, but that doesn't given an excuse. You are having just a little too few alternative choices here. I know for certain that there are others like me, who want to believe but they also don't want to go on streets yelling about it until they get some evidence that can be proven right. These kinds of people don't fit into your two choices, although they represent themselves her on ATS, daily.

I

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join