It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fentress Co. Deputy Fired After Stun Gun Prank Goes Bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Fentress Co. Deputy Fired After Stun Gun Prank Goes Bad

www.wate.com

A Fentress County deputy lost his job after being accused of zapping a fellow deputy and an innocent citizen with a stun gun.

Investigators say Deputy Chris Peters borrowed a stun gun from the constable and then started shocking people.

"While I was bent over working on the car, he just came up and zapped me," Matthew Huddleston says.

Huddleston was at the sheriff's department working on an employee's car when he was shocked. He wasn't the only victim, though.

Peters also stunned a fellow officer who wasn't injured.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This just goes to show what some in law enforcement think about the taser!

It's a toy, not a weapon that has the ability to kill!

He tased a fellow officer and a civillian who was working on a car in the parking lot as a joke!

The mechanic went to the hospital and found out that the incident caused damage to his sciatic nerve. I've had a pinched sciatic nerve once, so I know how serious that could be. Very painful.

When are officers going to realize that the only time they should use a taser is only under circumstances when their only other alternative is using their gun!

www.wate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
He should be liable for more than the guy's $200 hospital bill.
Stick that pig with an assault [with a deadly weapon] charge.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by apc]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

They said stun gun, not taser. I was hit with a stun gun once on my arm. I felt so off balance that I needed my other arm zapped to feel even.

In any case, to zap without reason or invitation is stupid and childish. But then again, these are police, and it is Tennessee, so what should I expect.

new topics

top topics

join