It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Overlooked Causes for World War III

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Thanks for coming back to play and I hear your words, please would it be to much to ask whats your profession and do you need any followers,LOL.
Sorry I am still getting used to the ATS way of posting so I will just copy and paste for now, ok.

You opened up another can of worms for the world to see, care to dive in a little deeper and I do believe you have covered all other issues and I thank you for this, at least for my sake, but the question is "When do you think we will be forced to stop feeding the rest of the world and could this mean some sort of Isolationism for America", except for us exporting weapons and only importing oil, this will piss off alot of our friends and Foe alike, it will hit them where it hurts in their bellies, dont you think.

Your quote:
America's domestic economy has for too long been based upon Services and Luxury Goods (ie. cars, houses, consumer electronics, etc), and food exports. The foundations of industry, such as steel, oil, microchip production, and so forth, have all been outsourced overseas or down south to Mexico. Simultaneously, we've let our goods become worse and worse in quality while charging more for them, look at the auto industry. This leaves food (which we cannot continue to export for long), housing (which has tanked now), and mostly disposable luxuries which already have a hard time competing with foreign imports.

You have really been an eye opener and I know many ATSers and guests will love hearing more.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint
Thanks for coming back to play and I hear your words, please would it be to much to ask whats your profession and do you need any followers,LOL.

Hah! Well thank you for the warm welcome back. As to my profession, by trade I'm basically glorified tech support to pay the bills, a writer to pass what little time my son leaves me, and a returning student to earn an Electrical Engineering degree, in hopes of one day contributing towards the Green Energy industry.

As for followers, welllllll... a long time ago I wanted to achieve world domination. Nowadays, I'm lucky to score getting the bathroom to myself. LOL.

Seriously, though, if you're looking for a good cause to join, check out your local CERT if you live in America (Community Emergency Response Team). Even though this is technically a government organization, in the event of a domestic crisis that doesn't involve the fall of the government, but rather a local disaster or something, they will be an invaluable source of aid and organization to the community.

If you own a home, I'd also recommend starting a fruit and veg garden in your back yard, start composting, and start buying good quality hand-tools, defensive weapons, building materials, medical equipment, food, and start learning basic home repair and constructions skills. The better prepared you are for as many emergencies as possible, the more you will be able to care for yourself and others in the event of such disasters. The less prepared you are for emergencies, the greater a strain you will be on the limited number of resources in such disasters. See The Survival Forum for more info on this.

Sorry I am still getting used to the ATS way of posting so I will just copy and paste for now, ok.

This thread should provide some helpful instruction on how to break up quotes and/or quote multiple people in the same post.

When do you think we will be forced to stop feeding the rest of the world and could this mean some sort of Isolationism for America

Somewhere between 2020-2050, unless there is an enormous shift in our eating habits, technology, and (not "or") a stop to the depletion of arable land. As for isolationism... I suppose it really depends on the mindset at the time.

I think "Generation Next" will mostly be in charge of the world by then, and they're known for having a pretty inclusive global attitude about things, as well as a "sustainable vs. disposable" mindset. This brings me some comfort in knowing that, for at least one generation, we're likely to see that which makes us human, as opposed to jackals, continue to evolve into something we can be proud of.

Whether or not this altruistic trend will survive the shortage of food and water, however, is anyone's guess. Like I said, we're 2 meals away from barbarism. All the good karma and self-sacrifice in the world is not going to physically feed my family. If it came down to "feed the world" or "feed my kids" there's little question which will be my priority.

", except for us exporting weapons and only importing oil, this will piss off alot of our friends and Foe alike, it will hit them where it hurts in their bellies, dont you think.

Well, think of weapons exports as a sort of population control that the rest of the world does for us. Say, hypothetically, you have, across the sea, a war-torn continent that is known for having not only a high rate of resource consumption and land ruination, but also zero regard for family planning. Say this continent is known for little more than having huge families that breed like rabbits, whom don't get along with others on their same continent, and all of them sit on top of vast untapped resources...

You'd want access to those resources, but you'd rather not have to deal with all those people in the future. I mean, there's a lot of them, breeding like crazy, and they're eventually going to need so many resources to sustain themselves that they may not end up being able to provide them to you at a reasonable price.

The solution? Trade them weapons for their resources. They'll use the weapons on each other, keep their population in check, and in return, you get all the resources your weapons can buy. It's a win-win situation for the country selling the weapons. It really sucks for the country doing the buying though. Morally and ethically, it is a terrible, terrible choice for both sides to make.

But if the only way for your baby boy to get food in his belly is for you to make that kind of choice, what is the short-term alternative? Sure, a long-term one is there with patience, research, development, and implementation, but what do you do till then? You exploit the other country... and then become complacent, and all that money that should have gone towards developing a better solution must eventually go towards fighting the very people you've been arming all these years. Because by now, all you've got is a country that respects nothing but rule by force, living and dying by the gun, and is easily wound up into wars against any target...and who better to become the next big target, than the one who turned your country into that kind of mess?

So then you offer their enemies weapons, to try and overthrow the previous ones you armed who've now targeted. And you arm both sides to keep them fighting one another, and they pay you in resources they could have otherwise used to develop a better way of life...and then eventually both of them find out about what you're doing and focus their efforts on you. What next? Find a third enemy?

It's a horrible downward spiral, of which we are now a scant couple of decades of finding out just how bad the bottom of it can be. We cannot continue in this fashion, but neither can we stop for fear of our own people going without. What is one to do?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
You'd want access to those resources, but you'd rather not have to deal with all those people in the future. I mean, there's a lot of them, breeding like crazy, and they're eventually going to need so many resources to sustain themselves that they may not end up being able to provide them to you at a reasonable price.

you should rot in hell for that way of reasoning. but that's not the scary part. if given the responsibility i might choose the same logic, and that just makes me sick.

i think there is no way to get out of this, unless the stuff about conspiracies of hidden tech and knowledge is true. in the long term you might feed your kids, but finally they'll run out, and there wont be anymore resources to fight for, and the old will to pursue knowledge to change that will be long taken to the grave by you or the gunbarrel.

so we have to make a great effort to find out everything that has been hidden and start using it to "feed", and not to kill. if there is such a knowledge.

if not - i mean that we are absolutely sure there is none - than i grab my gun (not that i have one) and go kill you.

i have learned in many ways that there is no limit. we humans where always subjected to some form of control or more exactly prison. so it has become greatly unnatural to think limitless. now they trying to find the edge of space. they created the big bang theory. universal limit of lightspeed, after that lightspeed on the power of 10, the end of the world, armageddon, birth, death, bull s.. droppings

these are all limits.

LIMITS

it is all in your head. the whole human word is a bunch of schizo disease of Terra. either we become benevolent or hopefully we die off, and resurrect in the suffering we have caused. now THAT would be something limitless.

every religion speaks about life after death, it is just a part of real spirituality and,.. well the put a limit even to that. judgment day. class, game over.

they write a book of fairytale, a big piece of "art" ... of deception to our long lost soul. and we seen it befor. Sumeria Babylon Greece Rome Maya Egypt.
you dont want to be under limits, you become the limit, create your own religion to gain the power to change many, and you dont realize the one thing that really matters: yourself can't change.

talking about spirituality. to die for the one who killed your family, your kids, now that is something, maybe even "unlimited" in the soul sense of way.

and now i am sure to be called a schizo among schizos.

have fun and peacefull afterlife.
god damn you all.
(cancel the above line, you know i love you)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

wow i didnt think id find anything when googling the cause of world war 3 as the website for things to do when your bored told me to do but i found this which has been very educational and well presented some very valid points and explanations thanks x

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Great Blog Subject! It is nice to see Healthy FREE thinking taking place, most people in this Country can not think past the Local News and continue to live as BLIND SHEEP! My personnel view is that we shal be desroyed from within due to a controlled Globalist Agenda long before we face the threats listed above. The United States Sovernty and Wealth has been given away to the rest of the world Powers by our own Government Officials like it were Goods in a Half Price Sale at WAL-MART!!!!!!

P.S. As long as we control our own minds we will have a chance to control our own future. Never let your Sovernty be taken away by anyone or any Powers that would rise to take it, Free Will should be defended at any cost!
Keep yourselfs Armed and Aware of your suroundings, by defending this Republic against All Enemy's you will ensure your survival along with mine.
Most likely you will find that your enemy's are already here and are already picking your Nation apart one Sovern Right at a time. GOOD LUCK to us all in the Future!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i think the goverenment is going to accidently start a world war.. they have been preparing us with accidents in last last 2 weeks..

satellites hitting each other.
submarines hitting each other.
planes hitting each other.
before we know it it will be oops sorry we caused mass destruction and death in your country and we will go to war over it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join