It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Newsletter - Anti-gay, Pro-Klan and 9/11 was Mossad!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ron Paul Newsletter - Anti-gay, Pro-Klan and 9/11 was Mossad!

www.tnr.com

Martin Luther King Jr. earned special ire from Paul's newsletters, which attacked the civil rights leader frequently, often to justify opposition to the federal holiday named after him. ("What an infamy Ronald Reagan approved it!" one newsletter complained in 1990. "We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.") In the early 1990s, a newsletter attacked the "X-Rated Martin Luther King" as a "world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours," "seduced underage girls and boys," ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It goes on! Read the link. The timing of this is very suspect, but interesting none the less.

www.tnr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hmm, link is not working. Might have to many hits going to it right now. Here is a different link that I found to be working.

Link

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinsear

Sinsear - Thank you. The article I linked is down due to traffic. The link you have takes you to a page that has quoted the newsletters alot. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh My.. this is also on Drudge.
If this is true and he really wrote these statements then all of the sudden I have a major problem for being a supporter and that leaves me in sad state.

I truly hope this is a false attack.. especially after reading the above link andThis link off of Drudge.

After reading every word of this article, i am having a cruddy feeling in my stomach and am crossing my fingers.

b

To HardDrive21 below: why past a one liner regarding that? Drudge is a link site with obvious bias for where the links go to, but in this case it doesn't matter. If this is true and verifiable then I bet Ron Pauls name will suddenly be all over the MSM.. imagine that.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Drudge may have it up, but I kind of trust the New Republic.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
its a pack of lies or statements that were taken way out of context...

but who can blame them, Ron Paul is a serious threat to the American elites..

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

1 - I will reserve judgement until more information is available.
2 - Damn Right...most people in power and with cash are afraid of him.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I for one am not surprised by this at all. I've said from the beginning that Ron Paul reminded me of Ross Perot, and quite frankly I was waiting for past "wacky" theories or views to come back to haunt him.

I'm sure that the there are going to be denials from the Ron Paul camp. I could almost guarantee their going to claim that Ron Paul didn't actually write any of the newsletters or even really know what was in them, but if they were indeed put out by his people and in his name, then there is no excuse for not knowing their content, especially by a man who would be President.

BTW: I do feel kind of bad for the Ron Paul supporters who will inevitably feel let down by this. I'm sure that to them he looked like a real candidate for real and meaningful change. If these allegations are true, and I believe that they will ultimately prove to be so, then this will absolutely make him unelectable in a general election. That has to hurt the true believers. Sorry folks...

-Cypher

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
its a pack of lies or statements that were taken way out of context...

but who can blame them, Ron Paul is a serious threat to the American elites..

And you know this because? You did hard research? You know all the facts? I got it, your in Ron Pauls Campaign.

If the news seems suspect, its more likely the powers at be held it till they needed it, not that it isn't true. Most off the time (in the real world not the reptilian mastermind agenda world) People have to double check their sources, so if you start seeing this coming from reputable new sources, you can bet they doubled checked their facts before they put these words near a presidential candidate. Its not like he would have won, or stole Republican votes? There is no fact or reason in your statement other then conspiracy garbage.

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why did you post this in BAN after BPN? It belongs in BPN, and was already posted www.abovepolitics.com....

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It is my bad. My browser crashed as I put the first one in, and I reentered it without checking. That is entirely my bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"Homosexuals, if admitted, should be put in a special category and not allowed in close physical contact with heterosexuals."

My goodness.

I admit I know little about Ron Paul but if this is true, I am now glad of that.
Those are some pretty harsh and vicious statements in those newsletters.

Apparently he DID say them according to Reason Magazine:

Ron Paul Responds To New Republic Story

reason: Do you have any response to The New Republic's article about your newsletters?

Ron Paul: All it is--it's old stuff. It's all been rehashed. It's all political stuff.

reason: Why don't you release all the old letters?

Paul: I don't even have copies of them, because it's ancient history.

reason: Do you stand by what appears in the letters? Did you write these...?

Paul: No. I've discussed all of that in the past. It's just old news.

Reason.com

Wow.

Well I'll go and prepare for that 1990 world race riot.
Thanks for the heads-up Ron.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

And that comment bothers me the most because my brother is gay and supports him. This is a nice political assassination attempt though.

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

No biggie just seems there's been a rash of political threads the past cpl months over in BAN trying to get a wider audience instead of drawing the audience to PTS where it's needed.

Still already posted though.

I might as well comment on the gay thing though. Comments made when homosexuality was formally classified as a mental disorder should be discarded as inapplicable and no longer substantiated. Even Christianity has been accepting of gays in modern times. People really need to look at these things in context.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

APC - First of all thanks for the good laugh on my stupid double post...which has now been moved here...so I have 2 posts on the same topic on AP. I stink.
Second, everyone is more accepting - to a point - which is good. Past comments should be forgiven and the person who said it should be given a chance to speak on the topic again - to either change it or stick with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Remember when all this stuff was written --- 30yrs ago. The AIDS epidemic was a big unknown then. No one knew what direction it was going to take or how virulent it would end up being. If another highly contagious, fatal epidemic hit this coutry people would say the exact same thing --- separate the infected communities. Epidemiology 101.

When the epidemic started it was lmost entirely limited to the gay community in this country. There is nothing particularly outrageous about that position --- 30yrs ago. If Dr. Paul still believed that there'd be an issue.

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah that would be a big'n. I remember in elementary school before the government started actively dispelling the myths most people thought you could get infected just by hugging or sharing drinking cups. And indeed it wasn't until Magic that people really realized it wasn't just a homo-thing. Although I'm pretty sure Magic was on the DL.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I guess this says it all:

www.lewrockwell.com...

TNR Hit Piece Removed from The Drudge Report

The Drudge Report is no longer linking to the Kirchick hit piece. I guess Matt Drudge has realized that it doesn't even meet the National Enquirer level of believability and has decided to disassociate himself from such a trashy piece. FOX News won't even link to it!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
JTM508 you are right about this. But some of the alleged writings are within the last 15 years. There are things fro 30 years ago. This all needs to be put into perspective.
The New Republic though is a "left-center" paper so to see it attack Ron Paul in this fashion is interesting. You figure they would go after Romney or Huckabee.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join