It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry White Man: The bigoted past of Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Angry White Man: The bigoted past of Ron Paul

www.tnr.com

[T]he newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul's name, and the articles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they were written by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ouch. Not so good to have these popping out all of a sudden.

www.tnr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Togetic

I did a little searching around on some past DR. Paul (as they like to call him) threads. I'd like to see the following members give their thoughts on this news.

Quasar
Scientist
APC
Bennyhill
xstevenx
shortywarn
jtma508
Advisor
trueamerican
acmeartifacts
uniceft17

Thanks,

Becker

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's apc.

Unless something comes up to indicate Paul will deviate from his constitutional adherence and start drafting policy that is influenced by the interpretations some arrive at after reading these reports, then this gets brushed aside as more attempted smearing because the establishment can't find anything solid to cast a shadow on the man.

But a lot of statements in these reports are merely being interpreted as hateful to further an agenda. In reality they are cold hard truth void of any political correct bleaching often with a touch of humor (if one has a sense).

Show me where Paul has attempted to enact racist, bigoted, or ultra right-wing legislation, and we might have something to talk about.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Show me where Paul has attempted to enact racist, bigoted, or ultra right-wing legislation, and we might have something to talk about.

Exactly! Where's the beef? Oh, that's right, there isn't any.
That article is just a big smear sandwich slathered with a political agenda.

Who wants to take a bite of more pathetic garbage from Paul-haters?

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Sure, I'll bite. Here's a guy writing an article in which he admits there are no by-lines and that the style of writing (as analysed by another person) were not the same person. Dr. Paul said in response to the article that he doesn't subscribe to those views and didn't write the articles in question.

Is it possible that 30yrs ago Dr. Paul was in the company of people with extreme views? Sure. Is he now? No. The article damns Dr. Paul for having given interviews to Alex Jones. God forbid! Should he be held accountable for people with whom he's had an association? To what degree. Wasn't one of Mitt Romney's campiagn staff removed for some sex scandal recently?

The article is plain old fashioned muck-raking. I support Ron Paul for his platform. economic and political policies, staunch support of the Constitution, etc. Show me proof of political malfeasance or moral departures and we'll talk. Do you honestly think that we couldn't dredge-up similarly tantalizing tidbits on Obama, Hillary, Edwards, etc? They're lawyers for God's sake!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

So it's okay to have a President that is racist and bigoted, as long as they don't enact any legislations as such?

Please.

If this were any other candidate on the Republican ticket you would be calling out the entire party and screaming for justice.

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Have I called out the entire party over Romney?

Assuming Paul even wrote this stuff, words are just words. I care about actions. When the candidates on one side all have acted or promise to act in a manner that strip the people of their property and responsibilities, and the candidates on the other side have acted or promise to act in a manner that strip the people of their freedoms and liberties, it's nice to see a candidate who's actions are consistently for the restoration of both. That's what matters.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If there was any real merit to any of this someone would have come up with something within the last 20-30yrs that was consistent with these statements. No one has and God knows there are enough people that want to. Just look at the lap-tenting that went on here on ATS when the story broke. Political players are getting nervous about Ron Paul and they're looking for assassins to take him down any way they can.

No one is without blemish but again, there is nothing in Ron Paul's recent history that is remotely consistent with these positions.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Although this thread about Ron Paul's ewsletters is earlier by less than an hour, this thread
www.abovepolitics.com...
has gotten more posts.

Therefore, I am closing this thread. Please post in the above linked thread.

top topics

join