It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes kill 2 in Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Tornadoes kill 2 in Missouri

www.suntimes.com

BY ASSOCIATED PRESS

MARSHFIELD, Mo.---- A rare January outbreak of tornadoes raked the Midwest on Monday, flattening houses in several states and killing at least two people in Missouri.

An elderly woman was killed near Strafford in Greene County, officials said, and a 53-year-old woman's body was found by rescuers in a wooded area north of Marshfield near her trailer, which was destroyed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have some family in Bolivar Missouri. They said people were freaking out, and there were multiple touchdowns in Springfield.

I heard that a school in Springfield was evacuated prior to the storm, and the place where students would have been (in the hallway) was hammered by flying debris.

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thoroughly disappointing. If the line had formed a little further north I could've gone chasing.

Real storms this time of year are rare but not unheard of. It was pushing 70 yesterday and today there's some snow in the air. Welcome to the Midwest!

I'm still waiting for another electrical snow storm. Lightning during heavy snow is truly awe inspiring. It's like the air itself glows.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I live in Southern New Mexico, we had a horrendous windstorm here yesterday. It is usually like this in March, that is 70, and windy. Normally early January is nice and calm.

top topics

join