It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

friend just had a baby, doctors wanted medication at 1 day old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i just got off the phone with an old friend who just had a baby boy, he had a problem with his lungs after birth and the doctors THOUGHT it was pneumonia, they wanted to give the baby medication (will get the name if she remembers next time i talk to her) that once you started taking it you would have to take for 7 days (anti biotic i assume?) anyways my friend and her midwife even more so are very natural and spiritual so they didn't want to give him medication cause they THOUGHT it was pneumonia

3 doctors saw my friends baby and wanted to give it drugs for what they THOUGHT might have been pneumonia, the same drugs

3 days after the baby was fine, it was fluid in his lungs i think, he had another small problem (not related to his lungs) and had to be in the incubator for a bit but now he is home healthy and is doing things faster than normal babies, very healthy and happy now

this isn't some bs from an e-mail that was fowarded to me, this actually happened

why are 3 different doctors trying to prescribe the same medication for the same problem they "thought" the baby might have?

and 3 days later the babys lungs are fine, if it would have started the medication it would have had to have been on it for 7 days i was told, so that wouldn't have been good to treat the baby for something it doesn't have at 1 day old right? it can't be good, it might not be bad, but it can't be good

but 3 doctors want the same medication when they "think" it might have something, the baby was fine 3 days later, really what's up with that

i know doctors spend a tonne of time to learn what they do, and i am not saying anything to knock them, i trust mine and i respect all medical professionals for what they do, i'll leave it at that

but this can't be right

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
With the plethora of issues that can arise with a newborn, I think the docs were just being over-cautious. I dont really think there is any conspiracy here.

Grats to your friend!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Happy to hear your friend's baby is doing well.

I would imagine the doctors were only trying to cover their butts by wanting to give the baby antibiotics. Doctors tend to overdo medication and lab tests to cover all the bases when dealing with us humans.

There are so many people that are just looking for an excuse to make easy money by bringing lawsuits against doctors.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Doctors are not gods. Sounds more like a cyb thing in this day of rampant lawsuits. The fact that all three wanted to prescribe same thing is a bit intriguing. Perhaps the pharm sales rep had been round lately and offered a bone or two.
I have sworn off antibiotics of any kind because the last to times the cure was worse than the sinus/ear infection. Had developed horrible candida infection both times that took weeks and natural yogurt to get over. The only way I'd take antibiotics again is if I'm on my deathbed with sepsis.
Glad baby is thriving.

Sorry dizzie, my post is almost carbon copy as yours, have to get faster on these keys, great minds think alike.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Thank you jpm, that is a compliment coming from you.

I enjoy reading your posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
well its just that the baby was fine after 3 days, not like it was a long illness, and it's doing great now

just me personally i find it weird that not 1 of the 3 wanted to wait it out, or thought any different, when pneumonia wasn't the problem

i am gonna talk to my friend as soon as i can again and ask her more questions about it, cause it sounded weird to me as soon as she said 3 doctors wanted to do the same thing...medication for a problem they baby didn't have

it could be just over caution but i dunno it's different if 3 doctors want the same thing for someone even a new born when they actually have that virus/illness/what ever but when they think it may have it and they all want to go with medication...

all that really matters is the baby is fine now, but i thought i would just post this here and see what people thought see if anyone else had this happen to their own child or any family members or if anyone might post a news article about a similar story or even try to debunk me lol

i have heard the stories about doctors prescribing things when they aren't needed or just to push the drugs but never had it happen to me or anyone i know really until now (besides spazzy kids and ritalin lol gotta love the 90's)

[edit on 8-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Newborns sometimes have leftover fluid in their lungs.My daughter was born with that.The doctors never tried to give her antibiotics though.
What in the world would make 3 doctors think it was pneumonia in a newborn?
Just my 2 cents here..but that isn't right.

As for my daughter, in a couple of days she coughed it all out.
She was fine.
jpm1602, Iam with you.I have taken no medicines for 21 years.Not even cold medicine.(Which is completely inaffective anyways)

OP, best wishes to your friend and their new bundle of joy!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
also thank you for the wishes, i will tell her (dunno how to say..."hey i posted your baby story on the worlds biggest conspiracy site and every one wishes you well, but you might have seen a conspiracy i thought so that's why i posted")

she had a natural birth no drugs, she was at home until 8 cm she told me when her mid wife asked her if she wanted to go to the hospital and she said yes

i dunno if the way she had the birth would may a difference if the baby is possibly sitting in her "passage way" for longer or maybe around more fluids or w/e but she said the baby had fluid on the lungs before she told me the pneumonia part so when i said i think it was fluid on the lungs i am 99% sure it was by assuming that that's what it was when it wasn't pneumonia

she never said the baby had any other problems with his lungs after 3 days so i assume when she said it was fluid on the lungs earlier it was fluid on the lungs when they thought pneumonia

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Aw shucks Dizzie, thanks for the ego rub. I indeed enjoy reading your posts/threads as well.
Thank you,
John

top topics

join