It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is England great?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
was reading Crakeur topic and thought why not have one for England except change the theme to why England is great and turn it into a group dicussion where everyone can throw in their comments.

i was going to do St albans since it is No1 city in England i know everyone would agree with me

lets see how many reasons we can come up with.

i will start off
the first thing that comes to mind is the Weather
no matter how you get news reports you can allways rely on one thing
we will get Rain and maybe abit of Sun if we are lucky

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I love England because of the Irish dance and music, especially the women dancing like in the Lord of the Dance.

SR

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We've got the best Fish and Chips in the world but on the downside we've got the most overhyped tv service in the world also.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
we have given the world some of the greatest bands and musicians the world has ever known, the beetles is an easy example, Pete Doherty isn't an example of a great musician

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We've got the best Fish and Chips in the world

We also have the best Doner Kebab in the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

ireland isnt England
Its Part of Great Britain ireland, Scotland and England

just thought i would point that out.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
England's greatest asset is it's people.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

There is just something extremily ironic about you saying that you love England for the Irish music.

Anyways, I have been accused of being a brit wannabe on more than one occasion and I've never even been there yet (it's second on my 'things to do before I die' list).

But I will say, some awesome music has come out of England, especially punk.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yeah, I have a sense of humor about it.
Hence why I emphasize the word Irish and not English.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I lived in London for four years, so the things I can honestly say I liked about it was the chicken korma and the easy access to Amsterdam.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ya gotta love those Guards with the big tall hats....

That is just too cool...

Semper

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yeah, if you punch em in the face, they don't react at all. They are truly like marble statues.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
kangjia57...I have to disagree about the donners.... you have to cross the channel to get a REALLY good one.

There were many reasons I liked England while I was there. The history and magic the place seemed to have was awe-inspiring. I enjoyed the cider though I was made fun of a time or 2 because only young one drank it...Young's Oatmeal Stout makes your country! Without it the whole country would sink onto the ocean like Atlantis. Then Scotland and Wales would be 2 different islands.

I always visited northern England and the small town I stayed in I was a rock star because I was an American soldier. I guessed that not many were ever there in the past...So I might have to say that the 2 beautiful young ladies that took me to their flat and showed me what international hospitality was all about...well that could be the greatest thing about England.

Then again standing in the center of Castlerigg stone circle early in the morning watching the sun come up and the colors that were painted on the mountains that morning...I cant decide.

So it has to be the scenery...whether inside or out. As long as you can get an oatmeal stout.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Badgers. Hedgehogs, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, The Spitfire, The Red Arrows, The SAS, The Industrial revolution, Beer (real ale not that euro crap!), Rugby, Spotted dick, Bread pudding, Rhyming slang, Tea and biscuits, The bard, The English language for bleedin hells sake...

by golly the list could be endless you know!!

The reason England is great.

There will always be an ENGLAND.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Eastenders,coronation street,Big brother,supermarket queues,ridiculously high priced houses and fuel,tax(cough!),traffic cones,traffic queues,traffic delays,grey skies,grey people,grey scenery....

3 more months and I'm cleared to fly again I hope..
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Battered Mars Bars!!. Oh no wait, i think that's a Scottish invention.

Reasons why i think England is great..

The people,

Our humor,

You know wich insects will bite ya' and wich won't,

The music,

The history.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Click "Listen" on my sig below to hear the redcoats / UK marching!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
uhh well lets see its closer to Holland than the USA is so yeah thats bout it for me really.

barman I behoefte twee gram van superkalimist!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

and don't forget Big Brother, not the T.V. programme either !!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by monoton

Wouldn't know about that: I left 6 years ago!!

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join