It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all UFO Experiencers...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Earth is a free will planet, and those that have awareness outside it could either able it or enable it to see the truth. Those chosen ones have chosen themselves through (spiritual space) to move the human spirit forward in evolution of mankinds potential.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed it has always been so why fear what's outside mankinds potential to see, but grasp the world inside man to BE.

If we learn to become our (True Potential) then we will be successful in our deeds of spirit life.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Hi

I think you seems to be right. Not everyone able to see ufo-s. This is what i found, maybe answer some questions:
video.google.co.uk...
It seems bulls..t first time but who knows what is really bulls..t after you heard about
reptilians and other weird things..

Hope you enjoy it

The guy wellundertopsecret

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmanni know i'm adding to a long dead thread but i have to disagree with you on this, though i've been looking at the sky, searching for the unexplained for years i haven't seen anything that couldn't be argued, except one time when i was totally unprepaired and caught off guard.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

True story.

I was coming out of a bar with friends quite a few drinks crossing the road and the next thing I knew I blacked out.

My friends said they saw a UFO because they could not exactly identify it, they had quite abit to drink.

I can partly recall being on a strange bed or so it appeared and was being stitched up or so it felt like it.

The next thing I know I woke up surrounded by family members with an IV drip drip next to me and they told me I was hit by some gang members taking out revenge on someone in the area and my friends and I just happened to be crossing the road at the wrong time.

My friends did not know what kind of car it was and could barely even describe the object to the police but it was enough to throw me off the side of the road into another car and I was black out.

That is the closest I feel I have ever come to a UFO abduction.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ShowMeEvil]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ShowMeEvil

That’s an interesting analogy.

The one difference is that you know what happened. Most folks who believe they have gone through an “abduction” will, and correct me if I’m wrong, be unable to gather exactly where they’ve been, if they’ve indeed been anywhere at all, that is.

The fact that you experienced events that closely tally the ones reported in abductions brings up an interesting point; could some abductions simply be an unpleasant recall of perhaps childhood medical events, disguised and altered to fit in with the “experiencers” adult beliefs?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Everything that you have stated depicts everything about me, except the 40 year part. Im only at it for 6 years and counting. To this day i havent seen anything out of the ordinary.
Good post.
S&F

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

One of the enduring problems with not having seen anything at all that could not be successfully explained is that, by and large, people expect you to be a hard nosed skeptic because of it.

This is not always the case.

It is possible, indeed should be compulsory, to maintain an open mind about the whole subject. Why assume that just because I haven’t seen anything odd that I’ve failed to identify, that there is nothing out there that cannot be identified as something mundane? (This is of course a moot point, as at some point everything traversing our skies will be identifiable. We might not like them being there, but at least we’ll know who they are.)

So skeptics who consistently proclaim that there is nothing strange going on are doing not only themselves a disservice, but also the countless people who really do see unexplainable things in the skies.

Logic dictates that even if one of those witnesses has seen something that defies our understanding of existence and that challenges our viewpoint of uniqueness in the universe by its very presence, then we should all be willing to change our minds because of it.

Cynicism, on the other hand, should never be left out of anyone’s arsenal.

There are a lot of people out there who so desperately want to see something, that they will convince themselves that they have, even if they deep down know full well they haven’t.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Yea I keep my eyes up and my mind open. Really just to see anything, and i dont push myself to a point to where i make myself see something. Than i would be crazy. There are countless amounts of people who have seen something that seems odd, and yes that only should be reason to invistigate. Im still waiting to see something that will finally answer all my questions. I dont really have much anyways.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by echodogene

Exactly right. When you released the intention and just forgot about it. That's how it works more often than not. Try looking into more of that sort of mindset - intention and release. You're very close to getting the whole point.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Yea I keep my eyes up and my mind open.

That attitude, in my opinion, is the healthiest, most honest way to be.

And I quite agree that it is easy, for some, to make themselves see what they want to when searching the skies. The difficult part is being able to step away from your enthusiasm and just let it happen. That’s the course I’m trying to follow. No praying to the stars to see something; just being an attentive, but impartial observer.

Im still waiting to see something that will finally answer all my questions.

Interesting point. For me, when I finally see something, I kind of feel that that is when the questions’ll start.

reply to post by echodogene

i know i'm adding to a long dead thread…

And thanks for rejuvenating it with a decent, well thought out observation!

…i haven't seen anything that couldn't be argued, except one time when i was totally unprepaired and caught off guard.

This kind of ties in with my reply to Armour for Victor. maybe it’s the less you try, the more you see. Example: I was sitting outside not too long ago, glass in hand, staring at the clear night sky. I saw three, extremely high pinpoints of light crossing my field of view in dead straight trajectories.

They were obviously satellites.

But the thing is, and I’m not sure if this is down to my observational skills (or brand new glasses!), I’ve never seen that many satellites before. I was just chilling (literally; it was a damn cold night), and Lo! a free display of Man’s ingenuity.

Less eagerness patently delivers more results.

And to JRitzman, good to see you back and posting.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

S&F for the impressively sincere and moving OP
as well as for your continuous effort to highlight all the incoming inputs
I found that truly inspiring.
I don't think I could actually contribute anything more with all the great inputs already coming in to this thread, but I just felt compelled to share my own experience. I've been reading through the amazing posts here & actually felt, perhaps for the 1st time after such a long while, that I do have a place to share my experience, without worrying that it will only be ridiculed at or scoffed off as something completely unconnected to the UFO phenomena. Worst, that it will lead nowhere other than to more confusion

As a background, I was never drawn to the UFO subject until well in my 20's. Since then, I've also never gotten obsessed in seeing/contacting UFOs, nor in talking to anyone about it, though I do spend much of my free time looking into the subject (which include browsing this forum). Sometimes, I do look up the skies & wonder if I could have a sighting of my own, but that's about it. Nothing ever happened nor am I desperate on having one. Nevertheless, couple of years ago, something did happen.

Going home from work, on an almost empty bus, one evening, I noticed this strangely-dressed, foreign-looking girl, coming on the bus at a stop & sat across from me. There has always been quite a lot of foreigners here in my country, but I've never seen anyone wearing such "tacky" silvery-white overcoat, on a bus (of all places), before. What really shocked my nerves, is that, once the bus start moving again, this girl then proceed to smile at me, said : "remember" (in perfect English), & directed my view to a strange glowing object (by pointing her fingers to the bus window on my side) flying in the sky. When I quickly turn to see her again, there was no one sitting there & the person sitting right next to her seat ( which is the only other passenger beside me) swear that he saw no one. I was left with such fear & confusion afterward, that I missed my drop & had to walk about half a mile to my house. All the while dreading that the strange girl will show up again.

Even now, I still don't understand what had happened that night nor have I ever shared this story to anyone..

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KembaraLangit

Hi all, first let me say i haven't read all 8 pages of posts but i read the first few and saw that someone was interested in the person with the experience not the sighting, which is fine as telling the sighting makes me sound nuts or a crank.
so anyway heres info on my personality
reasonably well educated through college
I'd wondered if there was life out there but nothing more than a fleeting thought after something on t.v. breifly put my mind on it.
It was 12 yrs ago.
I was 27 yrs old..no trauma in my life at all...in fact life was sweet...relationships / family / health ALL excellent..i loved my job as a personal trainer...didn't drink / smoke / do drugs.
(wow typing this out makes wish i could rewind the clock)
Anyway, point is there was nothing in my life as far as i can see that made me more open to it and as i certainly wasn't looking to see anthing, it was right place, right time.

i can tell you one thing, i know

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Thank you, KembaraLangit, for you kind words. That you find this thread inspiring is, in itself, inspiring.

I've been reading through the amazing posts here & actually felt, perhaps for the 1st time after such a long while, that I do have a place to share my experience, without worrying that it will only be ridiculed at or scoffed off as something completely unconnected to the UFO phenomena. Worst, that it will lead nowhere other than to more confusion

And I’m also pleased that you felt confident enough to be able to share what was a very strange episode. I have to admit that I feel there is a time and a place to for real and genuinely critical appraisal of alien/UFO/mysterious encounters. You know as well as I that this field is rife with hoaxers and those who are so desperate to belong that they will gladly fool their own reason with make-believe experiences.

Your story was without any of the, to me, tell-tale nuances of the deliberate fraud.

The more I read about these occasional, and often jarring, encounters the more it becomes patently clear that the accepted realities of the world we inhabit, whether that world be material or internal or holographic, are far from clear cut. Indeed, these encounters are so indicative of something truly bizarre and frighteningly complex, that only the most hard-headed of skeptics would fail to see that something profound is going on.

There is nothing that I can add to your experience. It was unique to you, maybe devised solely to alter your opinion or ease you from the security of a previously held belief-system. And if that was the case, then its methodology demands a new way of thinking about reality and, we have to admit, the workings of the human mind.

I have no doubt that this strangely dressed girl was real, but it is the type of reality she manifested that we should be interested in. Perhaps your experience will, in some small way, help to push forward a species-wide need to come to terms with the idea of this undeniably alternative form of realism.

And maybe that was the reason behind it.

I was left with such fear & confusion afterward, that I missed my drop & had to walk about half a mile to my house. All the while dreading that the strange girl will show up again.

Perhaps she will, at some point. Is there reason to be afraid, or is it possible to mistake fear for the feeling of reckless, unstoppable excitement at having witnessed something that no other human being has?

And perhaps there is no real reason to pursue its meaning.

Perhaps just seeing, and accepting, was all you had to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mr smith123

Anyway, point is there was nothing in my life as far as i can see that made me more open to it and as i certainly wasn't looking to see anthing, it was right place, right time.

i can tell you one thing, i know

This is a continuing theme in this thread; the accidental witness.

Just how “accidental” the circumstances or the witness has to be, on the other hand, is what is truly fascinating.

There seems to be, if you are a believer who has not seen anything (like me), a prerequisite period of intellectual adjustment, a form of cooling off from the heady expectancy of staring at the stars with eager anticipation. Being uncomfortable, or even annoyed, at not being able to join that select band of people who have seen the unbelievable is not the way forward. It seems the ability to have gotten through the initial period of impatience will have its rewards.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by Beamish

Hello Beamish. It's been a pleasure reading your reply

I guess there are a few things that I should reply-back in response to yours.

There is nothing that I can add to your experience. It was unique to you, maybe devised solely to alter your opinion or ease you from the security of a previously held belief-system.[....] I have no doubt that this strangely dressed girl was real, but it is the type of reality she manifested that we should be interested in.

That is one of the thing that never really stops puzzling me, to the point of loathing it actually. What was the point anyway? Was it really a UFO that I saw outside the window & an alien in the bus? What is so goddamn special about me to merit such an experience? Up until now,whenever thinking about it, I still tend to brush aside that experience as something that -sooner or later- will have a mundane explanation to it (whatever that may be), though I know deep inside that such stance is nothing more than a denial.

Perhaps she will, at some point. Is there reason to be afraid, or is it possible to mistake fear for the feeling of reckless, unstoppable excitement at having witnessed something that no other human being has?

No. I really don't want her to return, whatever the reason might be. I was afraid. I'm sure of that. It happened at a moment when I was least expecting it & really caught me off guard. Even now, I still feel the chill of that moment like as if it was yesterday. I'm sure you can understand, it's one thing to read about such things or look at pictures/videos of possible UFOs. To experience it first hand, is really something else entirely....Which brings me to a nagging curiosity, have you had the sighting/experience you longed for, yet?.

Cheers

[edit on 13/4/09 by KembaraLangit]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

…that never really stops puzzling me, to the point of loathing it actually. What was the point anyway? Was it really a UFO that I saw outside the window & an alien in the bus? What is so goddamn special about me to merit such an experience?

Who is qualified to explain what the point of your experience was? Not me for sure. But I will offer my completely lay opinion, for what it’s worth.

To understand it, you’d either have to meet “her” again under different, and far more communicative, circumstances, or have it explained to you by someone who knows what it represented. Those’re obvious.

The first scenario (which you’ve said quite clearly you don’t want to go through again, and who can blame you) seems the most appropriate, but maybe unnecessary? Perhaps the reasoning behind your meeting was completed by it simply happening. It was, in itself, all that was required to alter your outlook on the world. You “remember” it, therefore mission accomplished. To what ends this is important, well, once again, who knows? Channeling and abduction scenarios and related events such as yours – and when representing genuine anomalous happenings – never offer complete clarification of what is actually happening to the channeller/abductee. Nor do they supply any means to authenticate the information supplied to them. It’s almost as if we are only being given specific information. In the same sense the British Secret Service utillised with a “double-bubble”; information was supplied by an authority figure to a contact who then went on to spread it as the truth. But the same information was later revealed to be false, by the same authority, thus leading to confusion and uncertainty.

Ever felt like you were being tested, somehow?

The second alternative is fraught with danger. If you started a thread about your experience, you’d have people racing out of the woodwork to offer advice, many declaring themselves expert, and even more saying they’d gone through the self-same thing. Experienced they may well be, but how can you tell the faker from the genuine? And they may actually have sat opposite an alien on the bus, but how do you correlate one experience with another? Their meeting may have happened for vastly differing reasons, and in some cases may not have happened at all.

I don’t know if you met an alien and saw a UFO. I have nothing to base an opinion on, and as I’ve already elucidated, even if I could compare your event to one of my own, then I may be doing your, or my, experience a disservice.

From what you’ve written, your experience was intensely personal, and that may be the crux of it, when all’s said and done. This alien, avatar, visitor from another realm, made you think differently. You now view the world in a different light, and the world’ll never be the same because of it.
It could hardly be described as a mundane event in that case, could it?

To experience it first hand, is really something else entirely....Which brings me to a nagging curiosity, have you had the sighting/experience you longed for, yet?.

No. Nothing. Zip. De nada. Zilch.

Oh, unless you want to include my wife and I hearing a short piece of music (think of something akin to a fanfare written by a computer programmer) playing very loudly and undeniably inside our house when there was nothing switched on that could possibly have produced it.

Make of that what you will.

In retrospect, I’d rather have met with your lady alien!

cdi

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hi beamish
this post is quality. i have been seeing them all my life. to me it is the ultimate personal journey. i have no need to prove anything or shout from the rafters. i concur with many posts on this thread and would like to offer my own spin on this.
6p's prepare and plan to prevent piss-poor-performance.
mental armour. there is nothing one can do as to the 'why' so pay no mind to this. there are many clues within the books of the bible, koran etc again with an open mind. i believe we are all here to help each other and that those that wish to gain status or profit materially from this leave themselves behind. i have followed a kind of half way rule (works for me!) and indeed to further oneself one has to make sacrifices. this again may sound daft. i go to a place where i bring a melon as to me this is a mark of respect. remember pay no mind to the 'why' it will only cloud your mind. when i am at the location i consider myself walking on eggshells as well as imaginging myself as a child in a playground so as to avoid any mentally offensive thoughts. concentration is a must as a distracted mind can get one into all sorts of trouble in any avenue of life. a good discreet location is recommended and pay mind to leaving ones life baggage (mind)somewhere else before one embarks to the said location.
i hope this will be of assistance to you. be at peace with yourself and others as i feel this mirrors back at you. ridicule from others of these things is part of life so be careful with the company and conversations you have. it scares a lot of people (to which i became aware of when i was quite young) discretion is the better part of valour.
i am not claiming to know all the ins and outs to this but i will tell you this, i am at peace with it until it proves otherwise. i compare my experience to a beautiful yet fragile butterfly possessing the power of a hydrogen bomb!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cdi

Hello cdi. Welcome to ATS.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

i have been seeing them all my life.

You jammy, jammy person!

to me it is the ultimate personal journey.

As you’ve probably read, that attitude appears time and again in this thread. That can’t be ignored. It is as if the acceptance that contact, whatever visual or actual, and whatever they may represent, must come from within first, then, if you’re lucky, the external experience will follow. In theory…

And theory, as we all know, is easier than practice.

Your attitude towards something that others would find alarming, not to mention uncomfortable, is quite, quite refreshing:

i have no need to prove anything or shout from the rafters.

That seems, to me, to be a very healthy approach.

i believe we are all here to help each other and that those that wish to gain status or profit materially from this leave themselves behind.

I am very wary of anyone who feels the need to change others’ lives because of something that has happened to them that they obviously fail to understand entirely. Yes, that particular reaction on the part of “contactees” could be seen to be a form of self-analysis, but it is very uncomfortable to see it happen in public, in my opinion. Often it is nothing but a lack of understanding and intellect colliding horribly with monstrous concepts that would stretch the patience and ability of a philosopher.

6p's prepare and plan to prevent piss-poor-performance.

Can that be purchased on a T-shirt?

Joking aside, your suggestions will not only help me, but others too.

Thanks for joining the conversation, and for bringing positive and valuable ideas to the table. And, for me, the most valuable part of your post was this:

be at peace with yourself and others as i feel this mirrors back at you. ridicule from others of these things is part of life so be careful with the company and conversations you have…i am not claiming to know all the ins and outs to this but i will tell you this, i am at peace with it until it proves otherwise.

Sensible and prudent advice.

cdi

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hi beamish
many thanks for the replies. with regards to the first reply quote,
to me it is something i have been aware of since very young, to me they are normal almost akin to anything one grows up with. as to their motives? who knows? i personally pay no mind to this for fear of window licking! with regards to attitude and revealing it seems a consensus is growing about the right attitude to adopt. with regards to my statements possibly being alarming and uncomfortable to others i do not wish to distress anyone with what i write.
i have been on this site for many years reading and keeping informed of many subjects. you will notice i rarely post but i feel your post had merit
(no offence to others). believe me when i say at times i could have defecated house bricks. i blame myself on them occasions for allowing concentration to slip. it pays to be mindful of ones circumstances.with regards to anything one is obsessed with it could go either way but eventually it will pacify and dare i say regulate? there is no getting away from it so my take is go with the flow and maybe one can make the journey easier. it is bigger than me,you and all the influence on this planet so a logical conclusion would be to accept and live your life the best you can. there are diamonds amongst the bull# and my joy is to find
because it has a purity that at times moves me.
with regards to the contactees paragraph, i feel for anyone who is troubled and wishes for peace of mind. i hope these people all the very best. i feel somewhere between the heart and the mind the solution will be found in coping with this.
with regards to the t-shirt, cool, maybe the masters of the site will copyright it, market them and contribute some profits to good causes!
ttfn

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join