It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all UFO Experiencers...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Yep, exactly...

I never really put that together so thank you! That makes me wonder about things now, hmm...

The only problem I have with it, is that I'm still not sure if it wasn't a Military test. The fact that the military can be 50+ years ahead of us would explain the defying of physical laws.

I got the whole terror thing that most people associate with abductions, ect. But I never actually felt like my life was in danger, just very scared that something could move that fast.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hi Palasheea,
Hail to the green and gold. Go eagles. Class of '81. I'll u2u you. Brother Bennet, 'the waar machine!'

Glasenapp really was a chubby bunny. LOL. Extremely limber for a fat guy though...rofl.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I choose my words with great care, here.

As a person who either (A) was abducted or (B) experienced the worst nightmare of his entire life pertaining to the subject of "abduction" and (C) has endured multiple moments of "lost time" in his life, as they talk about, but only in manners of minutes, not hours nor days, I would say to you that you should NOT WANT to ENDURE this or related experiences.

IMHO, count your blessings that you have not had such trauma.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Excellent thread OP!!

My entire life I have had a strange feeling that Aliens are among us and in someway I'm different in this regard than most people. I've always been borderline obsessed in researching this topic hoping to find some conclusive proof of it being real. I have personally never seen a UFO or alien to my knowledge although I do look up into the skies hoping to witness some type of craft. I personally think I would have a heart attack if one of those greys showed up in my room someday but I'm looking forward to sometype of mass contact or disclosure in my lifetime.

In my youth I would constantly have dreams of UFO's and Extra Terrestrials which scared the hell out of me. I recall waking up from one of these dreams when I was about 12 years old and running into my parents living room in the middle of the night screaming and cowering in the corner that they were coming for me. I remember thinking that the corner was the safest place because I could see them approaching from any direction. My sister still laughs at me to this day about this ordeal. I myself find it somewhat funny now that I'm 31.

Does anyone else believe that they are so drawn to this subject to the point where you feel like you have some knowledge that the everday person is lacking. It almost feels like I'm supposed to pass on information of the possibility of intelligent life outside the human element to friends and colleagues. Everyone I know loves to speak to me about UFOs/aliens when the subject comes up.

Just for the record I'm a very normal person. I'm a somewhat young guy who has plenty of friends. I go out to bars and clubs and just live a normal life. The only thing outside the norm is this strange obsession.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Enzo,
I can understand what you are saying and I believe certain people are drawn to the subject, maybe only those that are really able to handle the implications.

In response to the original question I would answer that aside from the above almost being a pre-requisite (it seems to me that there is a much higher majority of people who can provide believable testimony to the sighting of a UFO who have had some interest in the phenomenon prior to the sighting than would be expected in a cross section of the general population) a certain amount of "secrecy" needs to be involved.

By that I believe you may need to be in an area of low population density, away from any major flight corridors and radar observation / military sites. Try and listen to your gut instinct.

I personally have had at least two sightings, both of these occasions with another person present (different person each time), relatively prolonged and benign but with no other possible explanation.

Interstingly they all happened in the same place, a place I go to for breaks some 4 hours from my current home, each sighting linked and as a result of the first.

I.e.
First multiple witness sighting of unusual lights - very curious to observers but no more, could possibly have had a rational explanation.
2 yrs later another sighting, totally different in nature but in the same small town. I suddenly had an urge to walk to the deserted beach at night, it seemed to me because I wanted to see if the same lights were there as previously. The ongoing sighting that followed, which was totally different in nature to the previous one, prompted me to go and fetch my partner, without mentioning any sighting. Once at the beach they were also amazed at the appearance. No possible rational explanation.
3 yrs later same town, close to the beach but sitting with friends sky gazing. Same initial sighting as above, seen by others, which then turned into an even more extraordinary sighting.

Not that I needed to see anything to convince me of the phenomenon, which also seems to be a common thread.

Interestingly though, my partner and my friends being complete skeptics, whilst they will acknowledge what they saw has no possible rational explanation, they will not acknowledge that what they saw could have been extra-terrestial, or even paranormal, in nature but cling to the belief that there must be a logical explanation and will admit that this is because they do not wish to think of the alternative.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

[B]"So, (told you there’d be questions) why haven’t I?"[/B]

The chance of winning the lotto is very low. Let us say there is a lotto where the chance of winning is One in a Million. That is a slim chance. However the more tickets you buy, the better your chance of winning. If you could buy Onemillion Tickets to the lotto you'd win for sure. Though you assume one million tickets could have a cost, the cost for this lotto is next to nothing.

I often wonder why I've not yet see some amazing realife UFO action. I don't wonder this for long before I start logically reasoning it out. The reason I've not seen some great UFO action isn't that UFOs are not real. That would be an assumption.

The reason I don't see awesome UFO action yet is that I don't spend much time out at night. When i am out at night I am not looking at the sky. I never drive down low populated areas late at night. I have my window shades drawn most of 24hours a day.

Maybe you've not won the lotto because you're not even playing the game.

How often do you spend more then a couple of seconds to a minute looking up? When was the last time you just looked into the night sky for more then a few minutes? When was the last time you found yourself in a lesser populated area at around the time when you might see a UFO?

To win, you've got to play, otherwise you're just dreaming.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think I should preface my theory of "chance favors the prepared person".

You see, as I read all the wonderful thoughts, experiences and theories here on this thread, I can't help but think that there probably is not one clear way for one to say that "this works or doesn't work for me". I think there are an enumerable amount of factors that allows one to experience a unusual event. These factors could and/or include ones spirituality, belief systems, trauma, mental state, physical state, environment, associations, locations, to name just a few. And to be factual along with those others, we should probably include the chance factor too.

Obviously (at least to me), any one person who has had a abduction or contactee experience would probably be more inclined to have more frequent experiences. Especially true would be the case if there was a family history (known or unknown) of frequent or prior experiences/contact with whatever/whomever. There may even be cases where 'one' isn't aware that he/she has had a experience as they try to dismiss it as a dream or other explanation.

With regards to a mental state of mind, it seems more plausible that if not created within one's own construct, that he/she could probably be influenced or manipulated to look/move to where the event might manifest. Thats not to say that the influencing could also happen with someone in a stable mental state too. But the ol' nogin' (your brain) has been known to create scenarios so real, people will swear that it's real. And really, with our limited knowledge how do we know thats it's not really happening in their particular reality. And you can probably tell that I'm obviously staying away from the subject of the use of psycho-tropic drugs, which of course can certainly alter ones perception.

Physical and/or trauma experiences that I've researched seem to lean towards (again in my opinion) along the same lines of a OBE (out-of-body experience). In fact I believe that many of these missing time experiences that many claim to have (which are generally associated with a UFO experience) is again, another form of help and/or manipulation to allow some form of manifestation/event. This (to me) doesn't necessarily mean that the event isn't actually happening, but rather that in some shift of perhaps ones innerself, perception or known dimensional reality, (or other, whatever) is altered to allow the event/manifestation to present itself to that person. There have many cases where one in an accident claim that angels (or other) have taken them away while they are in the most pain or perilous scenario.

Spiritually and other faith-based systems can certainly be a factor. People who meditate and/or pray with every fiber of their being have reported many times of having OBE's and/or experience some form of supernatural or altered reality-state or a different perception of reality. Although I find it curious that many 'judeo-christian' experiences have difficulty with acceptance of their experiences because of the associations that are deeply inculcated that go against their upbring, education, or the belief system itself. I think thats where the angel angle comes into play in many of their experiences, and who knows, perhaps they are... Or perhaps the manipulation of such experiences are being produced that way (by whomever) because of that faith-based way of life.

Environment, Associations and Locations. It has been said that we are a product of our environment. It is also said that bad associations spoil useful habits. It is also said, "Location- Location-Location". I'll be brief here.. If your living in a environment where a loved one or roommate/friend have experiences, your chance to see/witness or perhaps become a part of the scenario yourself increases dramatically. Same holds true in those you associate with. If you hang out with those that believe and/or experience some form of phenomena, eventually whether real or mentally created, you will more than likely have some form of experience of your own. And finally Location. Will hey, if the above didn't make any sense to you, then living in or nearby a phenomena hotspot won't make much of a dent either... But suffice it to say that your chances increase obviously if your living near or in known "hotbed" of activity.

Now with all of the above said... I come from a very religious background (more so than you'll ever know). I'm of sound mind (ok.. the jury is out on this one on certain days). I'm pretty well off physically (unless chocolate is involved, then get the hell out of my way). I live in a pleasant environment by myself with no other household associations (other than my dog), and my location is in a above-middleclass metropolitan area. And it goes without saying that I don't use any form of medication or the use of mind-altering substances. I say all of the above because in all of my sightings (yes, I said all of my, as more than 1,5, or 10) have not been because of my sensing or having a feeling (ok, not true, I do remember once having a feeling that I needed to grab a camera and go outside). But 99.99% of any and all of my experiences are because of (at least in my opinion) my constant looking skyward. And the fact that I have numerous videogear (I was formerly involved in the Television Medium) and having 4 to 6 videocameras strategically pointed in various directions and recording for up to 6 hours at a time. I also have a number of different filters and Infrared devices connected to many of these. And I like to relocate to other supposed known hotspots sometimes 300-400 miles away and repeat the process for several days before heading back to home base. I once spent two months up at one particular place, and on the final day at about 4:30am, I was putting the cameras and gear away into the SUV and an object popped out of nowhere and I captured about 5 minutes of it and continued recording it as it went behind the forest trees (so got some great distance points of reference). It was almost like a statement, "Hey.. he's been up here this long, lets give him a small reward". By the way, some of my best footage ever captured..

Now other than my boring many of you to tears... the reason why I share this with you all is for this.. As easy or as frequent as some of you may be able to have your experiences, for many of us, we don't get those same type of scenarios. So we may have to increase our chances by other means.. hence my motto; "Chance favors the prepared person". So always carry a disposable camera in your glovebox and keep your eye towards the skies... And plan on spending a lot of time doing so...

Johnny

[edit on 10-1-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks for the post, woody.

Can I just start by saying thank you to everyone who has responded to my OP. I really didn't expect such a plethora of incredible stories, sincerely given advice, and warnings, for what I thought was a simple qiestion. To those I haven't responded to, I can assure you I have read every post. Each one is important.
To all, again, thank you.

woody; we do seem to have our similarities...

As to the attitudinal change brought about by emotional, or even physical, conflict; this does seem to be something important.
It is possible, if we're strong enough, gain strength from events that could harm us (Ithink we all know the famous quote by Neitszche (sic?), about that which does not kill us, makes us stronger). How that strength manifests varies from individual to individual, and, to an degree IMO, on how we need it to change us. Subconsciously, again IMO, everyone desires for an outside influence to change their lives. Take the strain off of our backs.

Maybe, by some strange, hitherto unknown mechanism, the act of going through trying times unlocks an ability, for want of a better word, to experience another facet of reality. UFOs, by their very nature, would fall squarely into this bracket. Other phenomena, of course, may follow, too.

From what I'm learning, the answer to my initial question lies in the direction of acceptance, location, and fortitude.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by emanresui

emanresui, thanks for the post.

The reports you related were amazing. These quotes:

maybe these things are shear chance, but it'd be phenominal if there was more to it...i don't think i ever asked myself why

and

he said he remembered thinking "oh god why me, why do i have to see this"?

couldn't be more different. You accepted your experience, whilst your friend couldn't. Does this indicate (here we have to include the reccuring theory that sightings are somehow brought on or instigated by means of the witness's mind-set) that some people are already capable of seeing UFOs, whether they welcome, or even believe, in them or not?

Is the process of acceptance, allowance, natural, something to be learned, or both?

This only goes towards complicating the whole issue, but also makes it more fascinating.

Just when I thought I was maybe getting close...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

Even skeptics see them...

Thanks for the post, Spoodily, and it reminded me of another story, regarding my wife.

She has seen what she termed "a light doing odd things" in the sky, not far from where we live.

This happened before we met; her sister was in the garden smoking, having been drawn outside by said lights, my wife joined her, and together they watched a single light performing slow acrobatics against a night sky.
I have questioned her about this incident, which she volunteered when she discovered my interest in the subject, and, even though it is difficult to ascertain any real details due to the length of time since it happened, she is adamant that it wasn't behaving like anything we had seen before.
The event, in her own words, "scared" her, and she left her sister to go indoors, where she felt safe.

The killer here is that my wife does not believe in the existence of UFOs, doesn't want to here anything about life existing elsewhere in the galaxy, and has severe ostrich syndrome regarding all things alien.

She's seen one!

I haven't!

I hope this is corroboration of the "randomness" factor in regard to my having my own experience. With this in mind, and even if I can't manage to attune to the neccessary "frequency" which would allow almost guarantee a sighting, then it may well happen by chance.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Thanks Palasheea.

We are all BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER. That's why we are here. Very heartwarming thread and it's been a joy reading everyone's posts here!

I couldn't agree more! Once again, thanks to everyone who has contributed.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Your reply was very welcome, Rasputin13.

The observation that living in the wrong area isn't helping may well be true, but I happen to live in an area that has had more than its fair share of sightings!

Of course, a trip to Nevada would be extremely welcome...

Happy hunting, and I hope one day you get to see what it is you're looking for! And I hope it's an enjoyable experience and one that you won't regret investing all that time into seeking!

Thank you, and the same to you!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Thank you Paul_Richard, for this very informative post.

Heeding your warnings, I consider myself duly armed with extremely useful knowledge.

The Hill case was probably the first thing that got me interested in the whole UFO subject. To me, it is still the best case, detail and scenario-wise;
two people innocent to the subject of extraterrestials, corroborating evidence to back up their claims (the map).

As to whether I would think twice about taking a photo of one of the crafts you mentioned, and I do not mean to sound flippant or foolhardy, no I wouldn't. I'd take as many as I could.

Your own experiences sound disturbing, to say the least, and, as a previous post did, it reminded me of something; I have lived in four properties during my adult life. In two of them, I have woken, at night to see the light filtering through the curtains turn red, then fade back to normal moon/street light. The second of the two is my current home, here in Dublin.
These occurences, whilst never alarming me, seem odd in retrospect. I fully accept that they may be perfectly natural part of the pre-sleep process. Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Beamish,
I would like to point out that the hight quality of the comments which have been posted here (except mine
) is the natural consequence of the excellent starting post: i'm still thinking about it, about what i wrote, and sometimes... i disagree with myself
. There is not a single post which isn't worthy to be read and then re-re read and then re-read again: some excellent points have been made by all the members who contributed to this thread: and honestly i have no clue which one is the best: all are the best, IMHO

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Enzo954;

['urge to pass-on knowledge']

I couldn't agree more, that's why I started writing my second book ... to get the stuff out there for anyone who has an interest. It's also one of the reasons I include this subject in my seminar list.

I too am a 'normal' person ... whatever the hell that is !!!

Whenever I talk about the subjects of UFO/Aliens ... being a witch ... or the paranormal, I consciously do so in a very calm ... almost 'matter of fact' kind of way; and always strive to highlight the realistic side of these subjects. And people seem to respond to that approach ... even the more sceptical ones.

Whenever I encounter those people who try to dress it up or exagerate the facts to make it sound more dramatic ... it makes me cringe ... they instantly loose all credibility (IMO). And I really believe these subjects are far too important to be dismissed because of a few 'glory-grabbers' who think it makes them look cool uggghhh!

One thing I have noticed when I am talking about the subject of UFO's/Aliens in particular, is that it sometimes feels like the words are coming out of my mouth ... but not necessarily from me ... in the sense that I find myself listening to what I'm saying and think
of course that makes so much sense ... as if it had never entered my head before.
ok, that does make me sound a little crazy doesn't it ?

Maybe I'm not as 'normal' as I like to think I am.
Woody.

[edit on 22/10/2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

Hi rm8471,

Point (C), in your post just reminded me of something I'd forgotten about.

During my abduction I lost about seven and a half hours ... but there was another occasion that I lost time too.

Towards the end of the summer (can't remember the exact date, but was probably August), in the year I was abducted we had some amazing electrical storms ... for about a week. I love thunder storms and always feel compelled to go and stand outside ... just to soak-up the ions (very invigorating but don't try this at home folks ... you might get struck by a stray spike of lightening).

Anyhoo! After one of these storms I was back in the house (sitting room), and went into the kitchen for something ... then went back into the sitting room. This in itself is not strange ... but the fact that 30mins had elapsed between going from one room to another was. I remember at the time trying to work-out how that was possible. Heck, I lived (at that time), in an 'olde worlde' cottage not a damn mansion with lengthy corridors to traverse, so it should have taken me less than a minute !!! I have no logical suggestions/memory for what (if anything), happened during the missing 30mins ... I was just left feeling dazed and confused.

And thinking about it (shortly after my abduction - end of March), there had been some weird cloud formations. Apparently they were visible from the Scottish Boarder, down as far a Cambridge (east side of the country). Thousands of reports and calls flooded newsrooms/radio stations, because nobody had ever seen anything like it before. The reports in newspapers really played it down and the couple of pictures that appeared with the articles were not good. Jeez, I can't believe I'd forgotten about this too ... I think I still have one of the newspaper pictures somewhere, I'll try and find it to upload.

The 'clouds' just hung motionless from about 2pm and gradually faded out around 4pm (when it started to get dark). I was on a bus coming home fom Scarborough, when I first saw them ... everyone was just looking and pointing ... the bus-driver nearly crashed trying to watch them and drive at the same time. If I remember correctly, the official statement put it down to an 'unusual' weather phenomenon. Maybe it was ... but 1995, was certainly a very active year for me in every sense of the word.

Woody.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Beamish,

Originally posted by Beamish
Thank you Paul_Richard, for this very informative post.

Glad to be of help.

Heeding your warnings, I consider myself duly armed with extremely useful knowledge...

As to whether I would think twice about taking a photo of one of the crafts you mentioned, and I do not mean to sound flippant or foolhardy, no I wouldn't. I'd take as many as I could.

Just be careful to avoid their beams and have a number of people with you who also have infrared camera equipment set up - and spread out. If one of you gets paralyzed, the others can strive to retrieve that person before the Greys do. The mistake that the co-workers of Travis Walton made is that they assumed he was dead after he was knocked back and out by a sky blue beam. Travis was very much alive.

Your own experiences sound disturbing, to say the least, and, as a previous post did, it reminded me of something; I have lived in four properties during my adult life. In two of them, I have woken, at night to see the light filtering through the curtains turn red, then fade back to normal moon/street light. The second of the two is my current home, here in Dublin.
These occurrences, whilst never alarming me, seem odd in retrospect. I fully accept that they may be perfectly natural part of the pre-sleep process. Any ideas?

Paralysis beams are indeed disturbing. On the other hand, being a laboratory animal, slave, to be dissected and/or to have one's glandular extracts used as vitamin supplements for Reticulans (from various abductee reports and observations) would definitely be worse than simply being spooked by their beams.

I don't see a connection between a red light and any pre-sleep process. If you indeed were awake, then it obviously had nothing to do with your body and everything to do with what was outside your home.

In the lore of the Zetan-aliens, there have also been reports of anti-gravity green beams - which have immobilized helicopters in flight and disrupted their navigational instruments - as well as advanced red lasers, very hot, which are known to be able to quickly drill through thick walls.

Something to ponder.

It is a logical conclusion that if one sees a red laser being used instead of an intense white floodlight or a sky blue beam, then one can assume that the aliens are more interested in destruction than in kidnapping.

You were lucky to be unscathed from the experience.

Keep it that way.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I posted earlier in the thread, but provided no real answer as to why I think I'm being observed (or other people for that matter). Here is my opinion.

Human contactees are akin to tagged wild animals that our own human scientists use for study. The testing could be for anything, but I think it has to do with checking in on how damaging human environment manipulation is such as nuclear weapons testing and industrial pollution.

Our planet and its contemporary situation of an intelligent life form transitioning to an even higher plateau of advancement (or destruction) is likely a rare opportunity for study by life forms who have long ago achieved feasible space travel.

Human contactees are provided no better life circumstances than that of tagged animals that are released back into the wild and due to our intelligence and our own government denials of the subject, suffer greater mental effects of having society reject what contactees can communicate.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What I don't understand is if we're just animals to them, if we're just a lower life form being observed... then what's with the hybrid phenomenon? Why would they try and combine themselves with us? A lower life form? And this goes back hundreds of years. The hybrid phenomenon has been around since before aliens were even an understandable concept for us. People just called them other things back in those days.

The common theory is that they need new genetics to survive because they've cloned themselves so much (like the Asgard in Stargate SG1). But such an advanced race... why wouldn't they just create synthetic bodies using something like nanites and transfer their consciousness? Not only could it look, function, and act the same, but could do a whole lot more than a biological body could, unless I'm missing something - perhaps a spiritual, non-duplicable or non-transferable component?

But what if they're not physical like we are? It's like they're trying to become a part of us, or make us a part of them. A merger between races... or maybe it's bigger than that. A merger of dimensions? It's often said that the veil is thin, that there's another world here that only the gifted can see. Perhaps the end goal is to bring these worlds together. The so-called "spirit world" with the physical.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Hi Frith,

A number of abductees have communicated with their alien captors. From those conversations, it was learned that this world, Terra, is considered to be rich in raw genetic material.

That is the essential reason behind the Reticulan interest: to have great DNA to work with, use, and manipulate for various purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join