It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Barack Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

No, he has an Arabic name. So do many African, Middle Eastern, and Indian Christians. And Atheists. And Hindus. And whoever else. "Barack" and "Hussein" have been names longer than most religions in the region have existed.

Why do even moderators insist on buying into easily-disproved claptrap? For instance, the entire thing about him leaning wahabbism is bull - It stems from him attending madrassa - which is - surprise - the Arabic word for "School." He went to school, oh heaven save us all.

I guess the eagerness to hate Muslims overrides common sense even in some of the best people

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox
easily-disproved claptrap

Actually, Daniel Pipes' commentary isn't claptrap. If you look at his credentials you'll see that he's a well respected analyst whos articles appear in the New York Sun, The Jerusalem Post, the Washington Post, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. If he was an easily dismissed paranoid loon, would these newspapers publish his articles?

I guess the eagerness to hate Muslims overrides common sense even in some of the best people

Go back and read what I posted and Daniel Pipes' article and then point that finger at yourself. You are the one eager to hate Muslims. Neither I or Daniel Pipes stated that being a Muslim was a bad thing. That is your opinion. Apparently you believe that being called Muslim is an insult. Ask yourself why you feel this way. That's an interesting discussion to have with yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

so what if the guy has credentials? you're falling for the argument from authority. this is still easily disproved... and it's been repeatedly disproved in all the threads relating to it

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So what if he was a Muslim? It shouldn't even be an issue but unfortunately the masses think that a religious label makes the person, not the person's integrity and record.

I think that a lot of these candidates realize that organized religion is a bit ridiculous, but they have to pander to it to get support and votes.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Daniel Pipes, huh? Well, there's a nice neutral voice when it comes to both Democratic politicians and Islam, don't you agree? Do you go to Jewwatch when you need information about Russ Feingold, too? The problem is, "credentials" or not, the man has an obvious agenda and is pumping a farce in order to fit that agenda.

I just want to make sure I'm getting your right. You, a vehement anti-Muslim bigot who spends the majority of your time referencing heavily biased anti-Muslim pieces and defending threads that decry all Muslims as terrorists and murderers, are saying that I hate Muslims for pointing out that you are, once again, latching onto propaganda portraying a candidate as a Muslim in an effort to garner negative publicity? Holy twisted logic, Batman. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't then turn around and claim the lies are true because a known liar says they are.

So hey. Ask yourself. Why the hell does it matter to you - and it clearly does matter to you - if the man is, was, has been, or ever thought about being Muslim?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
obama is the anti-Christ..........

Ive been saying for atleast 13 years now that the anti-Christ is going to be a black man and he will come out of America.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join