It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain :: Unfit to be President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Someone else on ATS made this observation and I apologize for not being able to find the thread but I feel it is a very important issue. The Senate recently passed legislation making it illegal for anyone ever diagnosed as suffering from PTSD, ADHD or other mental problems to own a firearm. The bill has often been referred to as the Veterans Disarmament Bill.

Sen. McCain suffered PTSD from his long captivity as a POW in Vietnam. That's entirely understandable. However, if it is against the law for him to have a firearm can it be even remotely reasonable to allow the man to have control over the Nation's military and nuclear stockpiles?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Hey jtma,

First and foremost the notion seems quite silly to me. I hope you have some luck digging the thread up.

Secondly, aren't all these newly identified and abbreviated conditions just medical and pharmecutical creations. Heck I was in the first Gulf War and other than wanting to smack you around because of our Big Dig conversation, I do not suffer from these mysterious illnesses.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I personally think unless you are a convicted felon, or suffer from serious mental illness, you should have the right to bear arms.

He's not my guy for President, but at least allow the fossil to have a gun.

Becker

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Don't get me wrong, I'm a staunch 2nd Amendment advocate. I believe the bill is utter rubbish. But the point of the thread is simply that they can't have it both ways. They can't say that veterans who have suffered PTSD (or non-vets for that matter) cannot be trusted to own a firearm and then put a guy up for President that has suffered from PTSD. Either squash the bill or McCain should withdraw.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The main problem with your argument is that it is filled with inaccuracy. In reality, there is no such thing as the bill you described.

Take A Look...

Now...if there is anything else you'd like to talk about in regards to McCain, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

new topics

top topics

join