It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel still doesn't have 'smoking gun'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Israel still doesn't have 'smoking gun'

rawstory.com

Israel security officials are set to brief President Bush on their "Iran file" regarding the country's alleged nuclear weapons program "and how it could be destroyed - when he begins a tour of the Middle East in Jerusalem this week," the UK Times Uzi Mahnaimi reported Sunday.

"Ehud Barak, the defence minister, is said to want to convince him that an Israeli military strike against uranium enrichment facilities in Iran would be feasible if diplomatic efforts failed to halt nuclear operations
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
On one hand it is really no surprise there is a plan to destroy the enrichment facilities in Iran. On the other it is still troublesome that this is being talked about between the world leaders. This has been in the news for many years, at what point does this become something that will happen, or something that is no longer worthy of mentioning?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Reply to RedGolem

On one hand it is really no surprise there is a plan to destroy the enrichment facilities in Iran.

Naa I don’t think they will make such a move.

I believe its only propaganda just to scared Iran to give up its nuclear activites.
I mean imagine what would happened if they even tried pulling off such a move..

Automatically:

-The Norther alliance (Shias) in Afghanistan will turn against the coalition.

-The support from Shias in Iraq will all collapse and will turn against the coalition.

-Groups like Hezbullah (Shias) will rain hell on Israel.

It will definitetly stirr up a very big MESSSS.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

You do understand that for diplomacy to work, there has to be a fear of repercussions. It's called the carrot and the stick. If there's a behavior that you wish to change, and those committing that behavior have no desire to change, they have to understand there will be consequences.
This is why world leaders make remarks that are threatening or inflammatory. If they only ever spoke nicely and there was no threat of force, there'd be no incentive for behavioral change.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57

-The Norther alliance (Shias) in Afghanistan will turn against the coalition.

-The support from Shias in Iraq will all collapse and will turn against the coalition.

-Groups like Hezbullah (Shias) will rain hell on Israel.

I can not say your predictions do have merit. I however must also think back to the attack Israel made on Iraq nuclear installation back in the 1980s. That did bring some political pressure down on them, but nothing that was not handled at the time. And in doing so they prevented Iraq from having nuclear weapons during the gulf war. That same idea could be applied to this situation.

new topics

join