It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on conspiracy of religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hello

I think religion is the root of all evil. What has religion given us? To individuals it has given comfort in their daily lifes, and lied to them that there is life after death. One good example is my sister.

My sister was atheist untill she gave birth to three children, she needed security and comfort. So she started to belive in a fairy tale. It has done nothing to harm her, but still she belives in a lie that could harm her in some point of her life. His oldest son used to belive, untill i reasoned with him. I told him that it's alright to belive, but let's study religion little bit more before you make up your mind. Then i explaned to him, why i think religion is a lie. He is a bright boy and now atheist.

Why on earth would you belive in God that has given us this destruction, disease, wars, lies and death. Is God punishing us? but he should be a forgiving God? In all honesty, even if God would be true i would hate him. As God would be a sadistic torturer.

Religion is utter bull#, if you compare old egyptian book of the dead to bible, you will find out that the core stories of bible are copyed straight from the old egyptian book of the dead. There is just small differences, even names are similar. Also, if you compare astrology and bible you will find out some crazy things, that should make you an atheist in no time.

So where is the proof? There is none...

Religions have claimed so many lives through wars and other things. So my first conclusion was that only simple people could fall for such rubbish, but this is not the case. So who fall for the fairy tales? The simple people, brainwashed people and the weak people. Any reasonable and thinking person would not fall for it, it's just not logical.

So what can we do, to remove this disease?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You should've posted this in the appropriately titled "Conspiracy in Religion" forum, but it's a good topic nonetheless.

I actually posted a similar thread about this a few months ago here.

Religion is a goofy thing, and I for one can't follow any one religion. Like you said there are FAR too many correlations between most of the religions of the world to say one is right and one is wrong. I'm in no position to deny the existence of one God or many gods for that matter, but I am in a position to say that nothing has ever happened in my life to make me believe that such a power does indeed exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
Hello

I think religion is the root of all evil. What has religion given us? To individuals it has given comfort in their daily lifes, and lied to them that there is life after death. One good example is my sister.

You almost sound like Karl Marx. And I feel sorry for you [and many others] who fell under Illuminati brainwashing.

My sister was atheist untill she gave birth to three children, she needed security and comfort. So she started to belive in a fairy tale. It has done nothing to harm her, but still she belives in a lie that could harm her in some point of her life. His oldest son used to belive, untill i reasoned with him. I told him that it's alright to belive, but let's study religion little bit more before you make up your mind. Then i explaned to him, why i think religion is a lie. He is a bright boy and now atheist.

Religion is broad term. Do you know that? And good for your sister, but I hope she didn’t joined some sect.

Why on earth would you belive in God that has given us this destruction, disease, wars, lies and death. Is God punishing us? but he should be a forgiving God? In all honesty, even if God would be true i would hate him. As God would be a sadistic torturer.

Concept of God is not the same in any religion, so pick up one, and start complaining.

Religion is utter bull#, if you compare old egyptian book of the dead to bible, you will find out that the core stories of bible are copyed straight from the old egyptian book of the dead. There is just small differences, even names are similar. Also, if you compare astrology and bible you will find out some crazy things, that should make you an atheist in no time.

Really?

What proof?

Religions have claimed so many lives through wars and other things.

Sorry for disappointing you again. The most people in the world history were killed by your fellow atheists. Should I mention what communists’ regimes did in Russia, China, Eastern Europe, Mongolia, Cambodia and etc plus all those failed communist revolutions across Europe like Paris Commune.
Should we talk about 'religious' wars in ancient times? Did Romans until IV century killed and enslaved so many people because of religion? Please, spare us.

So my first conclusion was that only simple people could fall for such rubbish, but this is not the case. So who fall for the fairy tales? The simple people, brainwashed people and the weak people. Any reasonable and thinking person would not fall for it, it's just not logical.

O sorry, so many scientists were religious through history and today are still many. And they are far superior in thinking from you.
Wow, you just think as Adam Weishaupt: “When reason becomes human religion, problem will be solved.”

Well, your ‘spiritual brothers’ (aka communists) tried to destroy Christianity in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, but they failed.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvoda

Hello

You almost sound like Karl Marx. And I feel sorry for you [and many others] who fell under Illuminati brainwashing.

Religion is broad term. Do you know that? And good for your sister, but I hope she didn’t joined some sect.

Concept of God is not the same in any religion, so pick up one, and start complaining.

Really?

What proof?

Religions have claimed so many lives through wars and other things.

Sorry for disappointing you again. The most people in the world history were killed by your fellow atheists. Should I mention what communists’ regimes did in Russia, China, Eastern Europe, Mongolia, Cambodia and etc plus all those failed communist revolutions across Europe like Paris Commune.
Should we talk about 'religious' wars in ancient times? Did Romans until IV century killed and enslaved so many people because of religion? Please, spare us.

So my first conclusion was that only simple people could fall for such rubbish, but this is not the case. So who fall for the fairy tales? The simple people, brainwashed people and the weak people. Any reasonable and thinking person would not fall for it, it's just not logical.

O sorry, so many scientists were religious through history and today are still many. And they are far superior in thinking from you.
Wow, you just think as Adam Weishaupt: “When reason becomes human religion, problem will be solved.”

Well, your ‘spiritual brothers’ (aka communists) tried to destroy Christianity in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, but they failed.

Consider your self as a failure.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First of all, way to go Vojvoda! The author's only capable response was a one-liner that sank to personal attacks. They couldn't really rebut anything so they had to attack you as a person. Both are signs of weak intelligence.

My turn! And I will skip the things Vojvoda already mentioned.

I think religion is the root of all evil.

Man is the reason for the destruction. Religion itself doesn't go around killing people. This comes down to personal responsibility (that somehow died along with common sense a few decades ago). A religious nut goes on a rampage? Religion is evil. Someone use a gun to commit a murder? Guns need to be revoked. Someone committed suicide after listening to a Marilyn Manson song? Let's sue.

What has religion given us? To individuals it has given comfort in their daily lifes, and lied to them that there is life after death.

Yes, that sound inherently evil.

My sister was atheist untill she gave birth to three children, she needed security and comfort....

Oh here we go again- considering faith as being a crutch for the weak. Oh no, there is absolutely no one on this planet that approaches their faith systemically after looking at the evidence. Oh no, there is no such thing as the study of Christian apologetics. It's the good old "Anyone who believes in God must have the IQ of a shoelace or can't stand on their own two feet" argument.

Yes, it sucks the big one. But did He do it to us? No. We chose and still choose to do things. Death (ultimately) and disease (often) is out of our hands but thank goodness we're not stuck on this rock for all eternity. Forgiving? Absolutely. He gives us every chance in the world and is more long suffering than even the best of us but even He has His limits. What would you do with an unrepentant murdering child molester? Would you let them walk away without any consequences? If so, you have more issues than I could help with.

Religion is utter bull#, if you compare old egyptian book of the dead to bible, you will find out that the core stories of bible are copyed straight from the old egyptian book of the dead...

Will this myth ever die? I doubt it. I want you to quote sources and provide online links where the book of the dead proves to be a vertabim inspiration for the Bible. No second hand links that quote a source of a source of a source. I want links to the actual original texts reproduced online.

Two words: Christian Apologetics.

Way to go, Hitler.
The Jews were once called a disease, too.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Why on earth would you belive in God that has given us this destruction, disease, wars, lies and death.

That's really silly to blame that on God, unless you consider people to be God.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

Likewise.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ohhh joy here we go again.

Can't you people just leave it alone?
And both sides just feel (self) rightous in silence?

[edit on 13-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

join