It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Zeitgeist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was wondering if any christians out there have seen the film Zeitgeist specifically the Part 1 of it. What are your thoughts on the evidence it puts forth? How do you explain it?

I'm not here to insult I just want to find out how you justify your belief after seeing the movie.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about.They present some interesting ideas about where Christianity comes from. But, a lot of it is not really important. Like the fish symbol supposedly being used by early Christians and the story of the loaves and fishes miracle. That is kind of a streach, to me, saying that because it was two fish, that it is a reference to the age of Pisces. The fact is that the time when Jesus was alive, was a long time ago and there really is not a lot that has survived from then, to be able to see where everything in the Bible comes from. There is evidence about some of the old testament, because back then, they wrote on clay. But in the time of Jesus they wrote on things that rott, or burn. There are references to a lot of writings, in the Bible, that just do not exist anymore.
Because the Christian religion has adopted a lot from other religeons, is not a good reason to throw away the whole thing.
You have to realize that the early Christians were mostly converted pagans.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
But, a lot of it is not really important. Like the fish symbol supposedly being used by early Christians and the story of the loaves and fishes miracle. That is kind of a streach, to me, saying that because it was two fish, that it is a reference to the age of Pisces.

I see what you mean especially the part with the two fisherman. However you must agree its a damn big coincidence. The real selling point for me was the many similar Gods and the part about the three kings.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This has been discussed so many times already. True Christianity doesn't have symbolism or imagery of God as this is specifically forbidden in the Bible.

What is depicted in the film is paganism in many forms.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
This has been discussed so many times already. True Christianity doesn't have symbolism or imagery of God as this is specifically forbidden in the Bible.

What is depicted in the film is paganism in many forms.

correct. and christianity is just a a big mix of all those pagan religions, as to make people's transition from polytheism to monotheism quick and painless for a just-add-water (or blood) method of control.

The zeitgeist is a bit all over the place, and relies on subjective "facts" for many claims, but it's still a great movie worth watching more than once. Just like the bible is all over the place, subjective and based on bad "facts." It's still worth reading a few times too.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

correct. and christianity is just a a big mix of all those pagan religions, as to make people's transition from polytheism to monotheism quick and painless for a just-add-water (or blood) method of control.

What is Pagan? What do they practice? Enumerate from 1-10. Cite examples.

I'll give you a headstart:

Pagan Religions:

1. They bow down before a statue of their deity

The zeitgeist is a bit all over the place, and relies on subjective "facts" for many claims, but it's still a great movie worth watching more than once. Just like the bible is all over the place, subjective and based on bad "facts." It's still worth reading a few times too.

The Bible writes:

The sun shall be turned to darkness, the moon to blood.

To you, what does this mean? A bad fact or a good scientific knowledge?

I'll quote Bible facts, and I'll let you judge whether its a bad fact or a good fact.

Are you game? Shall we start?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What is Pagan? What do they practice? Enumerate from 1-10. Cite examples.

1. Heaven
2. hell
3. prophecy
4. daemon possession
5. sacrifice
6. initiation by baptism
7. communion with God(s) through a holy meal
8. the Holy Spirit
9. Rising from the dead
10. immortality of the soul

The Bible writes:

The sun shall be turned to darkness, the moon to blood.

To you, what does this mean? A bad fact or a good scientific knowledge?

I'll quote Bible facts, and I'll let you judge whether its a bad fact or a good fact.

Are you game? Shall we start?

thanks, but no thanks. I can already see where that would lead. The bible is great for poetry and reflection, not for science or facts.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is a post I took from a forum that I found on Google. I hope this will shead some light on the subject.
myparanormallife.blogspot.com...
posted by Anonymous:
Well although this movie has some SCAWY music and some very flashy sounds it is laden with falsities. Uncountable falsities about religion and the origins of man. At NO TIME IN MANS HISTORY was the SOUTHERN CROSS viewable by people above 30 degrees latitude south. Therefore Egyptians and others above the equator or parallel to it would have no knowledge of the southern cross. Horus was a GOD not man and was not crucified at all. In real history Ra is the sun god and later becomes confused with Horus mostly attestable to the greeks. Horus is the god of TWO eyes the MOON and SUN. Hours comes from the Greek HORAE who were goddess of order and later came to mean the progression of time. Horus is not depicted on the Eqyptian hieroglyph in this movie it is the king Akhenaten so that goes out the window. There is a mention of Krishna Attis Dionysus Mithra and others having the same birth dates as Jesus and similar life stories......FALSE. Attis not crucified and was a god not a man, Krishna in the GITA shows his GOD image to Arjuna and this is attestable to the arch angel Michael who is a perfect extension of god. Michael is seen as having many faces and represented as a warrior amongst the arch angels. Exactly what is revealed to arjuna before his epic battle in that portion of the Mahabarata. Krishna was not crucified and was born on the date july 19th he was wounded by an arrow and died. Mohammed is actually listed on a piece of paper that slips by with the name Xaca as also crucified to compound the "reality and gravity" of what is in truth garbage. Mohammed was not born on DEC 25 as were any of the others listed. Mohammed was born on JUNE 8th and died after falling ill as did Xaca which is another was of saying Buddha. The Buddhas mother was MAYA which literally translates to ILLUSION... be wary of false gods and false prophets. The "reclining" Buddha so often heard of comes from his postion at the time of his death after becoming ill. At the time of his death the buddha said dont say that we have no master now....all created things must end. God is Creational not of Creation. Mithra was not Crucified and was not BORN on Dec 25th more rubbish he was a god and is of origin which is obscured by subsequent invasion and redifining of his role as a deity. The SUN as center of the astrological calendar.....am I mistaken or do we view the zodiac from the EARTH.....the sun is not the center of the viewable zodiac the earth is and is depicted as such in many drawings. The mitre started off as a simple low rounded cap and become what it is in modern times and is not some SIGN of the age of pices...that is laughable. SARGON although having similar stories of origin to MOSES is chronicled in the writings of the 7th century Assyrians and therefore much after the time of Moses. Our knowledge of history is limited and so it would seem correct if not put in perspective. Minos is a king and a mythical tyrant nor is ther any correlation to Moses. Now comes an interesting note NEMO is some how related to MOSES in this dung heap of a film NEMO in latin means.... NO MAN or NO ONE.... WHOM is at work here in this film I ask you.
Note: the author of this comment goes on, if you are interested, follow the link.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

no, it doesnt shed any light on the subject. It sheds light on the fact you probably don't have much of an opinion yourself, so you decided to just copy and paste something that sounded good to you.

In fact, it's just a long ramble.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If you complete the fish symbol it creates a circle, moreso the monad, symbolizing the union of God with man if man only accepts.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I do have an opinion. I think all that stuff about Christianity, in Zeitgeist is crap. I just had to look hard to find someone who agreed with me. He sounds like he knows what he was talking about. It would take a long time, for someone who is not an expert, to put together arguments against every so-called fact that the movie brings up.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Part 1 is just another Illuminati propaganda about Christianity.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I left this funny example on another thread but this is pretty much what the scholarship of Zeitgeist boils down to. Allow me to demonstrate how easy it is so make a connection between anything, as ridiculous as it may seem.

Zod - Z + G = God. COINCIDENCE!?!

Zod says: "Kneel before Zod!" The Bible says: "Every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." COINCIDENCE!?!

Zod and his two companions equal three people. The trinity is composed of three beings. COINCIDENCE!?!

Zod and his companions walked on water. Jesus walked on water. COINCIDENCE!?!

Moses turned a wooden staff into a snake. Zod's female companion turned a snake into wood. COINCIDENCE!?!

Conclusion: The Bible was rewritten by men after plagiarizing the story of Zod from the movie Superman.

It's silly but that is what it comes down to. Before Zeitgeist even came out, I wrote this article that debunks a lot of the movie's claims. There have been other sites that specifically refuted and targeted the exact claims made by the movie one at a time. It's as if there's no solid way to refute Christianity so the only thing they can use are falsehoods. Unfortunately, many never investigate the claims for themselves and think they are facts.

It reminds me somewhat of two political candidates running for the same position. If one can't find any dirt on their opponent, they resort to making things up.

new topics

top topics

join