It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-ism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ok, this one in particular has been boggling my mind for a while now.

In just about every YouTube video I've seen supporting the idea of a 9-11 conspiracy with the govt. as an insider, I've always seen this quote floating by "Why is everyone throwing the constitution in my face! It's jus t god damn piece of paper!" as said to be quoted by Bush

Now please understand, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone that believes the 9-11 conspiracy because honestly I, to some extent believe there are some truths, if not, some suspicious questions that needed to be further investigated, and the govt.'s failure to do so makes me question their motives.

What I am going about though, is that I've been trying to track down this quote and I can't seem to find it! Is there a video where Bush clearly said this? or was it only in print? If it was only in print, how do we know the source is reliable? Please, if someone knows where this quote originated and has a video link (if there is one) I'd greatly appreciate it. The reason why i believe it important is because I find it so disturbing that Bush would say this and get away with it without any major outrage from the public. Heck I would imagine this would've been the perfect weapon to use against in his re-election campaign back in 2004!

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Question]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, I can tell you that he is right if he did say it. The US Constitution was suspended in 1933 and has never been reinstated. The government has been operating under emergency executive power (martial law) since FDR. In fact, the courts don't even practice law anymore, only public policy. The gold fringe you see on the national flag displayed in coutrooms denotes military authority.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There is no video evidence that Bush said this but it is obvious that he thinks this. I also found a source that talks about it in print:

Bush on the Constitution

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know how reliable this source is either but just putting it up there

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Well, I can tell you that he is right if he did say it. The US Constitution was suspended in 1933 and has never been reinstated. The government has been operating under emergency executive power (martial law) since FDR. In fact, the courts don't even practice law anymore, only public policy. The gold fringe you see on the national flag displayed in coutrooms denotes military authority.

hmmm interesting, do you have any sources I can read that back up your opinion? (no, not flaming, I'm honestly interested.)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlitzKrieger
There is no video evidence that Bush said this but it is obvious that he thinks this. I also found a source that talks about it in print:

Bush on the Constitution

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know how reliable this source is either but just putting it up there

I had read that part of the article as well as the quote from Alberto Gonzales, but not what Scalia had said. Thanks much for the info though

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this a while back, so I don't know if it actually includes all of what I have found. But here's a start anyway. Feel free to U2U me if you want more info.

U.S. Constitution invalid for nearly 75 years

I'll try to get back here later to post some more info on it as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I posted a thread on this a while back, so I don't know if it actually includes all of what I have found. But here's a start anyway. Feel free to U2U me if you want more info.

U.S. Constitution invalid for nearly 75 years

I'll try to get back here later to post some more info on it as well.

Thanks for the info, I checked out your thread, interesting arguments made. I'm going to have to digest this information and see what I can find on my own later on. I went ahead and joined in the thread as well. I flagged it as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have started a new thread which may be of interest. It deals quite directly with the explanation of why the U.S. Constitution is nothing but a piece of paper. PLease stop by.

A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
he's a legen bush aint he? i know of no other world leader thats made so many public cock ups as he has. i bet his puppet masters are red in the face with frustration

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Actually I think they purposely put a moron up there so they could see how dumb many Americans really are. To find out if all their years of clouding minds has payed off. He's like a human barometer to measure raw, blind, ignorant patriotism flying in the face of facts and truth. If a large portion of Americans are still willing to believe this guy, imagine what the country will fall for when the ringmasters put someone up there who can at least give us plauseable bull-excrement.

top topics

join