It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Moon Photos Proves Apollo a Fake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It is not just the lens, it is the curvature of the moon. The US picture is definitely more curved, expressing a far larger area than the Russian photo. The Russian lens simply focuses on a smaller area and brings it in.

The perspective is no different when measured by that.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
did a quick photochop and im going to have to agree....

looks like its just zoomed in

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Actually, both the U.S.A. and the Russian photos of the Earth, taken from the Moon, are grossly inexact in size due to the lens used on the cameras that took the photos, as opposed to what an individual, actually standing on the Moon and observing the Earth through only his eyes, would see.

In that case, the actual size of the Earth would appear to the individual standing on the Moon to be .59O inches (15MM) in diameter. To better illustrate it, if you cut out a circle on piece of paper to that diameter and stuck it to your monitor screen, simulating looking through a window on the Moon, it would represent the actual size of Earth as you would see it.

Conversely, and using the same scenario, if you were on Earth and were observing the Moon, it would appear to be only .162 inches (4.1MM) in diameter on your 'window'.

Here's a simple way to get a good idea, or to visualize, what a satellite, like the Moon, would like in space. Hold a pellet-gun BB, .177 inches (4.5MM) in diameter against your screen. That would represent the size of the Moon as seen by astronauts viewing it, without a camera, from the front window of their spacecraft at a distance of 220,000 miles from it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Okay, I've just been looking at the lastest LASCO C2 shot and I noticed something interesting. The sun's disk is blotted out with the little circular thing, but you can still see flares and prominences and whatever else. You can also see stars in the background.

SOHO LASCO C2 Real-Time Image

Isn't it interesting that in the background of a shot of a star, you can still see thousands of other stars, but in the background pictures of our moon taken by NASA and other space agencies, a body lit only by reflected light, you don't even see one star?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would say that the earth should look bigger from someone standing on the moon...instead of looking the same size as the moon viewed from earth.

Again, the moon is quite small compared to the earth...and so if you are on this small moon, the earth should appear huge - at least compared to how people on earth view the moon.

Just a thought.

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
In other words...stick an object in the sky the size of the earth...in the location of the moon...and Im sure it will appear quite a lot bigger than the moon.

So again, to see a tiny earth from the moon is interesting.

But then again, the whole horizon stuff can be tricky...would have to compare other moon to earth pics.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was just thinking, are there any photos taken in space that feature stars? I mean with earth in the same shot?

Thanks guys, this is my first post so go easy on me.
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
have a look at the latest Japanese probe pictures they show the apollo 15 landing site in 3d find it on you tube and on web moon pictures 2008

also they have photographed the blast ring left by the apollo module.
alsothe origional apollo photos are being digitalised the world only saw the copies and you know how fuzzy a copy can be.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The issue is no dead, there must find somrthing to do

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
and the stars?? dammit why do they think we are that stupid :S

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
I would say that the earth should look bigger from someone standing on the moon...instead of looking the same size as the moon viewed from earth.

Again, the moon is quite small compared to the earth...and so if you are on this small moon, the earth should appear huge - at least compared to how people on earth view the moon.

Just a thought.

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
In other words...stick an object in the sky the size of the earth...in the location of the moon...and Im sure it will appear quite a lot bigger than the moon.

So again, to see a tiny earth from the moon is interesting.

But then again, the whole horizon stuff can be tricky...would have to compare other moon to earth pics.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by dAlen]

"I would say that the earth should look bigger from someone standing on the moon...instead of looking the same size as the moon viewed from earth."

That is percisly what I was thinking, the earth is the US pic is too small, unless they used a neg zoom or some such thing. The Russia pic to me appears to be what you would expect to see from the moon. But hey I have never been there so...who knows

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join