It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by benabba
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

The more I research this man, the more circumstantial evidence comes to light about him. For instance his stories about the Knights Templar finding the "Staff of King David". Put that phrase into your favorite search engine and see what pops out.

Its not absolute proof, but it sure its quite unusual and combined with a plethora of other circumstantial evidence makes this a very compelling case.

Never heard of that in any Biblical stories....so, have doubts about it being true. Still, the fellow is interesting, and as I recall, some people claim to have seen him later on, seemingly not aged at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think there are some people that are a lot older than they say. A person could probably be up to 800 years old but over two thousand, I doubt that. In two thousand years a person would probably be killed in an accident of some kind during his long life. Changing locations would be a must or showing up as your kid after moving to another town would be necessary. Birth certificates would need to be accounted for. Why would anyone want to expose these people, Science will pick them apart and drain all their blood. Leave them live their lives in peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If there are people like that, it would have been pretty easy through most of history to hide it. It wasn't until recent times that identification was more guaranteed. People didn't carry ID cards, no one took fingerprints, and they didn't even imagine something like DNA results. If they are around, they have it tough these days.

Accidents and disease could kill, of course, unless they healed very fast, and were somehow immune. It would be interesting, though, if you knew such a person, to hear the stories they could tell.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

If there are people like that, it would have been pretty easy through most of history to hide it. It wasn't until recent times that identification was more guaranteed. People didn't carry ID cards, no one took fingerprints, and they didn't even imagine something like DNA results. If they are around, they have it tough these days.

Accidents and disease could kill, of course, unless they healed very fast, and were somehow immune. It would be interesting, though, if you knew such a person, to hear the stories they could tell.

They already know how to make a person live eight hundred years. Science says that the first person capable of living that long has already been born. Maybe there are already many of these people around. A certain genetic line with the right diet would definitely do it. I feel science is experimenting on people trying to figure things out at our expense. The only way to figure out how to make extending of life possible is to do testing. Sounds sort of like a conspiracy but there is so much going on that supports this that I feel that it may be true. For the good of the people can be used, neglecting some side effects of chemistry to see if something works. Give us a poison and sell us the antidote.

Could you imagine how smart a person would get after living for hundreds of years? I would love to talk to a person like that. I feel that a person could also get corrupted in that time, seeing the mistakes people do over and over. I suppose it would get hard after a while seeing all your friends dying. Letting others know you were old would not be wise, it would severely screw up your life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, if it's possible......I doubt most would ever see proof. They make such claims, and they never produce such a person. If they have that tech, it will be reserved for those in the elite.

Ever read When the Wind Blows, by James Patterson? According to him (and I won't offer a spoiler), everything he talks about in that book was possible at the writing. The world is stranger than a lot of people realize, or want to know!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Impossible to be immortal in this material world. Try another dimension.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, it's just like Highlander! Only immortals get to meet and socialize with famous people and be present at famous historical events. I'm immortal, I can't wait to tell the people of 3015 how i dined with the Obama's and had an illicit affair with Princess Di!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by benabba

are there real immortals living amongst us?--------yes! the angels are immortal----both types---the evil fallen angels that cant be seen and the angels of G-D that can and sometimes do manifest themselves as human men.examples genesis 18 and 19 ------joshua 5:13-15 joshua 6:1-5---the Messiah used to come down to earth and manifest Himself as a man when He thought the occasion required His presence--hopefully 2012 He will come back again.

Angels are not immortal. They can be killed. They have everlasting life as long as they remain obedient to God.
The wicked angels are to be cast into Gehenna, the 2nd death which represents eternal and absolute destruction.

Sorry, I just realized I responded to a post from 2008. Guess I'm a little late to the party!

edit on 1/29/2013 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
thread full of lulz

Too funny, at least it was entertaining

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I've enjoyed following this topic, and the story is certainly compelling and at times riveting, though has some inconsistencies--but, at the same time, also has some interesting consistencies which do not seem to have been noted by others here, yet.

The OP's name is a combination of Hebrew and Aramaic meaning "Son of the Father" ("Ben" and "Abba", the latter being Christ's affectionate and impassioned cry to God moments before his temporal death at the Crucifixion, and "Ben" the common Hebrew nobiliary particle preceding a surname, analogous to "bin" in Arabic, or "Mac"/"Mc" in Celtic communities). It is a fitting name for the topic's correspondent, and his posts stand out to me because of the linguistic pun of sorts--as any good username should. However, Aramaic is more of a dialect itself than a language which would have its own subordinate dialects; like Latin, it is also not truly "dead", but certainly of the vintage his Immortal requires.

The entire time I have been reading this thread, I wonder at no one mentioning Cartaphilus as a potential candidate for one of the many illustrious identities of this Immortal--Cartaphilus is the Latinization of what folklore otherwise refers to as the name of the "Wandering Jew"--he who struck Christ on his shoulder in protest and disgust as Christ was making his way along what is now called the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem to Golgotha, bearing the weight of the burden of his Cross. For this defiance, Cartaphilus is said to be doomed for such a grievous transgression to wander the World until the Parousia, also called the Second Coming or Last Judgment. A user here early on asked Ben Abba if this Immortal has achieved such longevity not so much as a blessing or accomplishment, but as punishment for such a sin or transgression.

It is Abraham who links the three faiths Ben Abba mentions, and Abraham is regarded in Judaism as the first Jew, and first of its canonical 55 Prophets--indeed, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are linked taxonomically and traditionally in the comparative study of religions as the "Abrahamic Faiths", though the posts Ben Abba links to as Summaries on his site mention Methuselah as a name of convenience to respect the private identity of his Immortal friend, while also mentioning Elijah--and Elijah has more Scriptural concurrence with reference to and by Christ than Abraham later in the Bible.

There is no Scriptural congruency among the Abrahamic Faiths perfectly, and only Judaism and Christianity share five common books (the Torah in Judaism is extrapolated as the first five books of the Holy Bible, of course, without expurgation)--Ben Abba initially said six, then three; though he might have been implying this Immortal is mentioned in six overall, wrote only three, and so on. The Immortal's tale requires him to have numerous identities, since the majority of the five books of the Torah/opening of the Christian Old Testament are historical books, and the individuals named therein are ones whose identities are attested to elsewhere in the historical record--but also, aptly, are mentioned continually in the New Testament, as well, more for the purpose of establishing parallels in salvation history, to show a continuity of God's plan over the ages--this was the determining protocol of the Councils of Nicaea that determined the Christian Canon--its collection of books was to balance in the New Testament what was expressed in the Old Testament--less conspiracy, moreso narrative consistency, which, for a spiritual purpose, shows a mystical consistency that further strengthens the beliefs being extolled--rooted in trust in God's plan for all and singular. Thankfully this Immortal allegedly penned or is mentioned in the first five books of the Bible, otherwise the further variants between the Catholic and Protestant Canons would complicate this alleged congruency between the Abrahamic Faiths, since the Catholic Canon (the original Canon of Nicaea and subsequent Ecumenical Councils), has seven more books not included in Protestant Scripture, and to further complicate it, the Orthodox or Eastern Rite of Catholicism has a further set of books unique to its tradition.

However, Abraham, Jesus himself, Mary the Mother of God, and other traditionally Christian figures do appear explicitly in The Noble Qur'an, but it has not similar books, and is indeed, constructed in an entirely different system of divisions--suras, not books, and verses within suras, for instance, which follow an entirely different chronology of explicating Islamic salvation history, though there is a level of congruency, certainly. This textual element of Ben Abba's story is what most intrigues me. This Immortal allegedly plays a crucial role, textually, in the constating books of these holy works, and avoids the complexities of the apocryphal materials. Mind you, the books of each of these three holy works are not placed chronologically in terms of composition, either, but Ben Abba's Immortal, if he has contributed to or has been mentioned therein, is impressive.

I would like to know if this Immortal at all feels any sense of anticipation, since the surety of immortality seems to eliminate the want of anything, any experience, any encounter. Does this Immortal look forward to anything, superficially or abstractly? It is said he fears not Death, nor acknowledges it, so he cannot anticipate that, for instance.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Inconsistent spelling of "Cartaphilus"--corrected.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
An area that has always fascinated me since I read the book

The Boat of A Million Years (1989-Poul Anderson):
books.google.com... Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

I often think about what it would be like to live forever but I always come to the same conclusion. Eventuallly, you would get lonely and bored. It would be an internal Hell after the initial Heaven period>

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Lets say, the 2800 years of carnal existence would be possible.

- You would need to invest on "continuous" learning; skills you acquired in your youth, may not cater for bread, butter and shelter in the future (and in particular, if the future is counted in 1000s of years);
- You should invest on interest carrying monetary tools; safe income - and you have time to wait for the prosperity to accumulate; this may also compensate for lack of skills, and thus inability to have a job...
- Sickness and Wars; You need to keep yourself out of politics and trouble; You need to care for your physical fitness

Its really starting to look much like a tough job. For 2,800 keeping up with this, is really hard.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Parabol
Don't have much to say besides that you'll need more information to back up your claim of finding and meeting this man. And did you happen to just watch "The Last Man on Earth"? If by chance you haven't, check it out, you'll love it.

An even better, and more relevant movie is 'The Man from Earth'

m.imdb.com...

Also, some people think Keanu Reeves is an immortal...that dude just hasn't aged lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

Daww I just replied to a 6 year old thread....chuckle

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

But, on the other hand, you may be on the cutting edge of technology-at some point.

True? As time goes by things change. You would find yourself in some odd scenarios for sure but over time, you would have
accummulated so much knowledge and life skills that you would have to "tone it down".

OR Maybe a "Tesla" comes out in you. You decide to show the world something bla bla bla. Then maybe fake your death, go into hidding-as of this point you would have most likely discovered how to acquire vast amounts of wealth.

One could just go on and on.

Like. What about one that was born with low mental ability-never able to get smarter etc. The constant abuse through the years would be unimaginable. Anyway. Great topic!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How many wives, children, etc., has that man buried? I don't think I could stand that, all that grief, heartache, sadness?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

You should watch this... you really really should!!!

And lemme know what you thought.... its one of my all-time favourite movies in terms of storyline!
edit on 2014-04-09T18:56:32-05:00201404bpm3004pm3230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't think life would get boring. I went white water rafting for several summers as a kid and even though I have have fond memories of those events the memories have faded over the years. If i went rafting again I think the experience would be just as exhilarating as it was 35 years ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

benabba

Originally posted by salparadise
reply to post by Rasputin13

rasputin you make a good point that one immortal would in all likelyhood would eithere need to keep moving around every couple of years

or maybe this is just pure speculation of course there is a secret society of immortals who keep there numberes relativily low and assit eachother im sure that if you were around for athousand years you would definatley would know people or even fellow immortals who can keep producing new forms of identification oh and one last thing if there realy is an immortal society maybe they can give us mere mortals who thaey deam worthy the cure for death

salparadise, this is a great post!

This immortal that I know, moves around about every 150 years or so. And I have started to wonder, if the "Universe" has "allowed me" into his into his life because our society is closing the loopholes when it comes to identification and I have a background in sorting out real identification from the faked.

As far as secret societies are concerned, none of the immortals I found are involved in any "organization of immortals" and in fact are not aware of any other immortals. However, I am seriously considering starting a "secret society of immortals"; just as soon as I can figure out what kind of fraternity rituals I should use for initiation. Any good ideas on a great ritual for such a secret organization?

How about a 200 year initiation program... just to sort out the real from the fake! lol
edit on 2014-04-10T10:41:55-05:00201404bam3004am5530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by benabba

You should watch this... you really really should!!!

And lemme know what you thought.... its one of my all-time favourite movies in terms of storyline!
edit on 2014-04-09T18:56:32-05:00201404bpm3004pm3230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

Was about to post the same thing! The thread title just begs it.

Best movie I've ever seen with only 2 scenes (inside the cottage, and outside), and pure 'hypothetical' talk. GREAT flick

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join