It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think that most of the immortals have died off. They may be ageless or age very slowly but that doesn't mean they can't die which is something no one can ever avoid. There could be a few young ones that don't know they are immortals right now? Will these immortals show themselves in the year 2012 or will they keep hiding themselves from us. My guess would be there is 1 or 2 immortals left in this world and 1 young possible immortal if he makes it to an age older than 150 years of age. I would also guess that the normal life span of an immortal is anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 years old. and that they would age accordingly to a human scale fit into that years of age. I would like to meet one and see if they have any special powers or what not. I think it would be cool if I or one of my friends were one of these legendary people. There has to be some of these people left it is just so hard to find them these days. If they were caught they would be used in scientific experiments and I am sure that is why they hide. People would be afraid of them too and try to kill them so it would not be safe for them to come out into the open. With all the science we know today I think most people hear this and think it is silly. Which makes it very hard to prove that they are alive but we must not forget that we only know the slightest page of science that is to be uncovered.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What a cheap effort at selling us all a total BS story. Please take your book somewhere else like the Amazon forums , this is ATS and we deny ignorance so give us some proof or some more information instead of expecting anyone to buy your so called 'book'.

If this guy was real , i doubt you would be the first to notice his long life span.
What makes you so special you can write a book about him but no one else has ever heard of him , so hence he doesn't exist and this is just imagination.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I personally think the Encounter with an Immortal is fictional. I believe the contents of the book reveal more about the prejudices of the writer than 2800 years of living on earth...Just my opinion...

I think it is useful to make a distinction between immortal and endless life. One of the consequences of the Alchemists Philosophers Stone is supposed to be absence of aging. However, such people are subject to accidental death. There is a story of an Alchemist who was several hundred years old, but died in a boating accident.

True Immortals seem to exist in a higher dimensional state where damage in our temporal area is no worse than a scratch. Beings of this type would not have to worry about mundane things like ID cards since they are able to walk through walls or appear and disappear at will. It may even take extra effort to lower ones' vibrational state so as to appear in normal human form.

One being of this type is Khidr. He occasionally appears to travelers offering assistance. He is the mysterious patron of the Sufis. He is mostly known in the Muslim world, but doesn't discriminate as I have encountered a couple of Americans who met him. They thought they had met Angels because of supernatural elements, but certain characteristics of the story identified the being as Khidr. In one case, He completely filled an empty tank from a small gas can.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

There is only one immortal in this world at one time and he is I. There is one immortal every 1,000 years and then we switch worlds. I'm new to your world and still learning, but you will hear about me in a couple of years. Your religions are so very wrong but in death you will find nothingness. A thing I dream of. It's funny I have stumbled on one of your countless blogs. consider this a warning of the upcoming 984 years things are about to change in this world so very soon. A new immortal has come to rule, protect and destroy you. I will show the meaning of Evilness and Goodness for both are needed to have the other and to prosper.

D. V. C.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by radiodjguy

im bored after 20 years so i hear that

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I find it a really interesting idea. I've been working on a couple fiction novels in the paranormal genre and one of the main characters is a good deal older than the norm. It has given me pause to think about how one would have to adapt.

I thought time took too long when I was about 17. Now I'm 43 and I never have enough time. Most everything in public bores me it's so cyclically predictable, the news is more predictive than reportive and not worth trusting, and the more things change, the more they stay the same. I imagine being stuck on this planet for 200 years (let alone 2000) and I think I might go stark raving mad.

I might start thinking of humans the way I do, oh I dunno, gophers or something. Kinda cute. Kinda obnoxious. Not too bad if nearby in small quantities. Slightly annoying if local even in the singular. Drastic measures required if local in the multiple.

I would have to hope that the genetics that gave longevity, also gave a very solid spiritual connection. When "in the center" as I call it, nothing really matters; I am content in a sort of bliss and acceptance; I "let reality blow through me" as I think of it then. I don't know how a person could survive without some kind of sociopathy side effect if a powerful spiritual connection wasn't part of it.

Musing,
PJ

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Walking though centuries and centuries learning all the things in world. I would spend centuries painting and write all the beautiful things. I would gladly live in shadows because that is when I feel I am truly alive in every senses. If I could ever meet those beautiful beings, I would like to sit and have deep endless converstion with them. I see the world differently than a lot of peoples. If I ever get the honor of becoming one of them and I would truly feel free as uncaged bird. Strange things are beautiful to me. They could teach a lot of things to few of us.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The 2,800 year old genetleman that I write about does not keep track of his age or even his birthday.

hang on didnt you say in a previous post that he got drunk at his birthday party, bit hard to haev a birthday party if you dont keep a track of your birthday... SPRUNG!!!!!! OK move along folks nothing to see here......

somebody clean this mess up please!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The only immortals are Angels and demons for now, some guadian types some evil types, but as far as human's I don't think its possible. Padre Pio who had stigmata still is not decomposed, some say its because he has been painted by a resin but the Italians don't say he is they say he is naturally preserved, nearest thing to being immortal I think.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

2 timelords should be able to prove this guys story fake.

need i remind everybody that he lied about the birthday thing. if he lied about that the whole story is probably a lie.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

2 timelords should be able to prove this guys story fake.

need i remind everybody that he lied about the birthday thing. if he lied about that the whole story is probably a lie.

Hello other Timelord,
to be honest I am lost at the meaning of this reply maybe I missed something. Good to see someone else come up with the Time Lord name, must be a Dr. Who thing or a brand of a computer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You blog was jsut a place to buy a book. Interesting story.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...
This was talked about befor.
I think most every relegion brings up the possability.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

yes it is a dr who thing, and my point was that this guys is using a fake story to further his site. all he talks about is his book. this is all a scam. imo

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire post yet, however, I have several problems with immortal theory.

1) If they reproduce, do any of their children have this same gift or curse?
2) If this immortal is capable of reproducing then his DNA should be in the gene research where the scientists where attempting to find the "common" dna for humans. Somehow they have traced it back to this woman... don't have the article on hand and NO IDEA where I found that a while back... probably here on ATS. Wouldn't this create a possible closed gene pool situation after several centuries?
3) Do the families he starts again with know of his situation? What are the family reunions like if they do?
4) What if family members from one family decide to match up with another family - wouldn't there be a possibility of incest?
5) Why would he tell you?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
we could always cut him in half and "count" the rings (pun intended)....

anyone ever heard of the annunaki from the planet niburu? en.wikipedia.org...(planet) - if this has any truth and one year to them is 3600 to us then it does make sense that "immortals" could be among us, but it seems that after being here for a certain amount of time their bodies would get adjusted to our orbit and rotation and begin to age accordingly, this also lends to the idea that we were "seeded" here and the annunaki are our "gods"...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by k4rma]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
The topic reminds me of the film Unbreakable. I'm sure you've all seen it as it is roughly 7 years old now. Anyway, in that film, Bruce Willis plays an immortal. Well an 'unbreakable' I guess is more accurate. He's not a vampire or anything mysterious like that. He's just an average guy who goes throughout his life not knowing he's 'unbreakable' until he suffers a train accident. Everybody dies on the train and he walks away from it without a scratch.

It got me thinking about this film last year actually, as it appeared on tv once again. The film got me thinking that if you were 'unbreakable', you might not know until such an event like that happened. Bruce Willis didn't suffer from illness in his life or colds etc. Would you wonder why you never had a cold if you were 'unbreakable'? I'm sure it wouldn't enter your head and you would live your life say after day just thinking you're a lucky guy, never coming down with an illness. If you never suffer from anything, you wouldn't give it a second thought would you?

Anyway, sticking to the film, Samuel L Jackson plays the opposite to Bruce Willis. He suffers from brittle bones. He has done all his life. So brittle are his bones, that any fall leaves him in plaster casts and wheelchair bound until his body mends itself. I believe it's called osteogenesis imperfecta, and is a medical condition. SO IT EXISTS.

Now, this leads me onto the theory put forward by the film. If people in the world exist with osteogenesis imperfecta, then (if you believe everything has an opposite,) there should be people out there who are 'unbreakable' right?

It's a possibility and such a possibility that people who are 'immortal,' could be out there living their lives not even knowing the fact. Possibly, maybe...?

Even the most credible researchers agree that for every action there is a reaction .

You also have to be aware that if there is any kind of "Immortal" he or her would probably be doing there best to keep this secret hidden... thats like asking a vampire why his skin is so pale and what his long fangs are for .

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by benabba

By any chance is the person you are talking about the Count of St. Germain? He seems to be found every couple of centuries.

He was supposedly at the wedding where Christ turned water into wine.

I find this interesting because I at one time was in contact with a person who claimed to be his neice. She said there is some sort of family curse in relation to all of this, and she is in contact constantly with a dark entity.

Legend tells that he never eats a meal in public, but retains his relatively young looks, for being thousands of years old.

If this is not who you mean, will you give a name?

Edit to add:

Also about this neice. She died suddenly this past year. She was instructed by the dark entity to give psychic readings to people and explained to everyone that the messages were coming from a dark entity. She said that if she even missed one day of readings, she would be struck ill, by way of intense headaches.

She had gone to Italy, not sure why. She was found dead in the hotel room with the doors locked from the inside. No entry through a window as she was several stories up. She was found looking as though she was in peaceful sleep. Not a mark on her body, however, it was found that every single bone in her body was crushed on the inside, yet there was not a bruise to be found. She was 28 years old.

If your contact is St. Germain, would you ask if he knows the story behind this? Her name was Veronica.

Thanks

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

Every single bone in her body was crushed, but there was no bruising to be found. Any medical examiner will tell you that is scientifically impossible. If this story is true, I would have loved to see the look on the medical examiner's face when they did an autopsy on her. Definitely one of the entry for the super weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
So what is his real name,Count Dracula

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

There are WAYYYYYYY more than one or 2, and more are born all the time....

ask some doctors about it..there must be a few people looking wayyyyyyy too young for their age on record these days, all over the place.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join