It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" "TRUTH" " for sale...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't read modern authors that too many people here quote as if they are upmost truth.

I know if I had earth shaking truth to share I wouldn't try to dispence it at 14.50 per book. I'd give it as it should be given freely.

Authors are putting alot of misinformation out there in the public eye because they are spectualizing their authorship to sell more books. They are NOT uncovering truths for you all to know and understand. They are simply doing what has always been done, get someone to give them something in exchange for less the the worth of exchange goods.

This is why I'm all about my own research, and Not reading hack work of authors that only want to sell you their version of "the truth" for a price.

The great majority of authors selling you books of NWO and Aliens are simply Pimping YOU!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I definitely agree. The majority of these "truthseekers" are just piecing together other people's speculation and what evidence that already exists into a package and putting their own name, and further their own fillers in there just well enough so as to not be labelled pagerists... but you have to take even this material, and read it with a grain of salt.... and take what feels right to you from each source, because lots of people do have bits and pieces scattered throughout their works, but nobody has the whole truth. Jim Marrs can write a great big book with lots of chapters, and maybe only one chapter's worth is telling you anything of value (which, to be fair to Jim Marrs, is just an off-the-top-of-my-head example cuz I am reading Rule By Secrecy at the moment
). But just because people make money of the truth, or off of their interpretation of what they THINK is enough truth to make them some cash... doesn't mean it should be ignored. I can use common sense, logic, and gut feeling to get a pretty good picture of what is going on in this world by buying a few books here and there, studying the info online, going to the library, even by meditating. So I don't need one book selling me the truth. I'm not buying it because I think it's the truth. I'm buying it because it's another potential piece of the puzzle, that if ignored, could be a valueable source I am not allowing myself to feed my mind off of.

Although, this is just my personal view. I understand that 99.9 percent of the conspiracy/philosophy/paranormal/fringe community is easily led, and thinks that the ultimate truth can be purchased for $16.95 at Borders, and I guess that IS a problem. Is it the genuine truth seeker's problem, though? Or is this a problem that needs to be addressed by those creating the problem in the first place. It's not the "truth" dealer's problem that he's got an easily manipulated clientele. He's a smart man for using it to his advantage. Is he moral? Depends on how he views it as. I mean, we view most people as ignorant sheep that are just in the way of enlightenment. How much better is our viewpoint than his? Who are we to say he can't peddle his version of truth for a price? Is it truth? It could be! The Beatles all made millions off their talents as good musicians, and you aren't calling them liars and theives, are you? You just do what you do well at to get by. If you're good at fitting the shattered pieces of the puzzle of reality together for people, what harm is it to ask that they provide you a decent living in return?

In a perfect reality, this should definitely be not the case... but this isn't fourth or fifth density right now. This is planet Earth in the year 2008. We can't all get by on flower power right yet, although I am hoping we will learn one day soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Hey, everybody needs to find a way to eat and put a roof over their heads.

I have no problem with people who have put hours of labor, and research into finding out something that might contain the truth, getting paid for it.

Not only that, publishing information is pretty darn expensive.

There is no reason why they should do it for free.

What you suggest is like asking you to do whatever it is you do to survive for free. I bet you don't show up for work just for the heck of it and turn down your paycheck now, do you?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
ok
lets say that you started to research a subject or 2 and the
research got deeper and heavier and now its 12 to 18 hours
a day searching and mabey for months , years and mabey even
many many years and then you put all you got together
and sell it for 14.99.

ok
now do you deserve this money?
.....probably, thats alot of hard work.

now i`m not implying that this is the case for the book in question
but it very well could be...

I have not even looked at the book yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It took Tolkien 14 years to write "The lord of the Rings"

And why did he write it?

To me, it seems he didn't write it for the money, he wrote it because he could, All the work and effort he put into it was basically his lifes passion, his knowledge and skill of language.

He may never have ever sold one copy, so why bother in the first place?

If we all put our minds to it, we could all write something of worth, yet getting a buyer is another issue. Are you writing for the profit or are you writing for the message you are trying to show?

their is a difference between the two.

I sit here on ATS and give my opinions and my effort and my time, just as we all do. Keep writing here long enough and we may all have written a few encyclopedias together, yet what do we ask in exchange for our combined knowledge, expertise, skills and opinions?

nothing, that's what. We put in a vast amount of time into ATS and all we get is maybe a star or a flag or some points and if we're really lucky, an applause.

Applause here is something that seems to be really hard to get.
I've got some nice points and made quite a few posts, but for some reason, others with less have more applause.

So i ask myself, is it my content? is it my writing style or my opinions that do not deserve an applause or have i just not yet hit on a good enough thread of my own to warrant applause?

So if i wrote something to sell, can I guarantee a financial return?

we all seem to enjoy or dislike what others write here yet we all have a respect that we don't speak of for each other in ATS. Yes we will give praise or disagree with topics, but that's the beauty of writing.

Not everyone has read Lord of the Rings, those who have either loved it or hated it.

top topics

join