It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China taps into U.S. spy operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

China taps into U.S. spy operations

www.washingtontimes.com

China's intelligence service gained access to a secret National Security Agency listening post in Hawaii through a Chinese-language translation service, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

According to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity, China's Ministry of State Security, the main civilian spy service, carried out the operations by setting up a Chinese translation service in Hawaii that represented itself as a U.S.-origin company.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am just dumbfounded by this. What sort of vetting process did this translating outfit go through before we started handing over classified information to it? You'd think we would be able to at least find out it wasn't a "U.S.-origin company" wouldn't you?

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seems no one is interested in replying to this story. Maybe it is my commentary, or maybe everyone already knows we are giving away the store to the Chinese, and have been for over ten years.

The story goes on to say:

I.C. Smith, a former FBI special agent, said both China's civilian MSS and military spy service, known as "2 PLA" for the Second Department of the Chinese military, are targeting NSA.

"There can be no higher target for an intelligence service, and that includes China's MSS and 2 PLA, than gaining access to an adversaries' codes and electronic intelligence," he said, because it is the ultimate in "foreknowledge" advocated by ancient Chinese strategist Sun Tzu.

Getting U.S. electronic intelligence and codes would give China specific information on what is known and allow Beijing to take defensive measures "based on knowledge, not supposition," Mr. Smith said, adding that "it also allows for disinformation to be done with confidence and it basically gives the intelligence service every advantage over the enemy."

In case anybody is wondering, that enemy would be us round-eyed barbarians in the West.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
China is following step by the step their favorite war book the Art of war.

But either our nations leaders are sleeping with the enemy or they are blind with greed for profits.

Something very interesting because is re assures my assumption that our government is nothing more than a body run by corporate entities.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think it is partially beause they are blind with greed that they sleep with the enemy.

Considering how secretive the NSA is, it makes you wonder how many times a serious breach in security has occured.

new topics

top topics

join