It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Military Forces using Media as a Form of Counter-Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
World Military Forces using Media as a Form of Counter-Intelligence

In this concept if a soldier from a foriegn nation or even your own is on TV then that means that soldiers commanders have control over your television. Meaning if your watching British sailors being held captive by Iranian Sailors then chances are the British Navy is watching your house.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You could probably writes essays trying to dissect the meaning of those 2 sentences. Could you specify what you're saying in simpler terms?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I could gain access to your privacy by putting myself on TV. or stage captures to gain more opportune times for my intelligence gathering.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Those captures weren't staged, unless Iran, for whatever reason, wanted to lower itself even farther in international opinion.

I also fail to see how a soldier being on tv invades my privacy.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
that's a pretty bold claim to make without any backing whatsoever. i would agree that the military of a country certainly has leverage over what the media presents, though. i tried to catch something on one of the news channels about the iranian incident earlier today(the supposed encounter in international waters, which i still think may not have actually happened), but all anyone seemed to be talking about was britney spears and nancy grace's babies or something.

i just don't see how watching a television broadcast gives the military a grand scope of what one person is doing. it would seem to be a complete waste of time. what intelligence are you going to gather from someone watching the news?

top topics

join