It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee: 'We have signed up to be part of God's Army, to be soldiers for Christ'

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Huckabee: 'We have signed up to be part of God's Army, to be soldiers for Christ'

www.washingtonpost.com

Baptist minister and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who delivered a sermon of more than 20 minutes on how to be part of "God's Army" in the middle school cafeteria where the congregation meets.

"...we have signed up to be part of God's Army, to be soldiers for Christ," Huckabee told the enthusiastic audience.

Huckabee's campaign did not allow cameras into the church.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on (1/7/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am afraid Huckabee could turn out to be the perfect Republican canidate in terms of electablitly. He is fanatically religious and would without a doubt further blur the line between church and state. IMHO all major religions are bunk and I feel frustration at the persistance of the billions of followers in the world. In the USA these fools may help elect another religious idiot to the Presidency which will only further delay the progress of humanity and science. Retarding the United States into further becoming a pathetic backwater of religious nuts living in FEMA trailers with poor healthcare and education; mocked by the progress of enlightened nations.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Huckabee is not an ideal candidate by a long shot, but pickings are slim. I don't like the Republican party as it is now, with it's policies, but I can't bring myself to vote for Obama or Clinton. They are quite artificial imho.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As if the world wasnt in utter chaos already, in comes one running for president who is more than happy to bring in the Apocalypse and Armageddon.

Call me old fashioned, but i would prefer RELIGION to stayout of this.

Give me a president who wants to live, who has true hope for the FUTURE, and visions for a better FUTURE while we are still in our own skin.

Wanna die? Everyone knows there's a way out without taking the entire world. Nothing is stopping these people!!!!!

Christianity under the guise of evil, that's all it is! This is sickening.

Jesus Freaks need not be president.

To those of you who will accuse me of this or that, the others running are not much better.

SO, is there someone out there not running for Jesus????

[edit on 7-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In all honesty, this guy sounds like an al'qaeda recruiter - the only real difference is that he seems to be calling for christians to become extremists on a large scale.

Church and state holding hands = war

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ugh! I'm so sick of politicians bring religion to the table. I was actually becoming interested in Huckabee until this. Keeping religion out of the White House is a big issue for me. It's amazing that the United States was founded on Freedom of Religion, yet there's always somebody cramming Christianity down our throats.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson anyone?

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Pretty much sums up how I feel about religions interference in government. It is a fine line that these so called leaders are walking. A persons religion should hold no sway over whether or not they can hold public office. It is a scary place that we, the United States now live in. I find it funny how people believe what they want to believe and feel that the U.S. was founded in Christianity . . .

sigh

As a footnote, all this does is prove to the world what they already think: That we, as Americans, are nothing but arrogant children. To think, that there are people out there that think this nation is somehow Gods nation and loved more than others...simply preposterous.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know he is doing what Bush did in 2004, he is going after the fundamentalist Christian for votes.

At the end he is just like any other politicians, just a big Christian fake and lier.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, I am a Christian and I have to say that I really don't pay much attention to anyone who might use Christianity as a magnet to draw people into their camp. This has happened way too many times in the past and hopefully by now most Christians have analyzed the past and discovered that they were used. That, of course, is my personal opinion.

I will add, I do remember back when Pat Robertson ran for President, He said then that God had told him to run and that he would be President. How he addressed that issue, once he dropped out of the race, I don't recall hearing.

I will agree, we sure do not need ANYONE in the position of such authority, as President of the United States, with any kind of biblical prophecy agenda. Men have caused enoug trouble already.

I have always been of the opinion, Christian or not, the smarter men become, the more dangerous things become. The worst thing is an educated fool.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Thanks for that very well put together post.
People are not so gullible this time around.

But we still have that minority that actually believe that presidents and world leaders are chosen by God[/].

[edit on 7-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
he also claims he saw a ufo i dont like huckabee

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am a soldier in God's Army, but my only weapons are prayer and the Word. "The warriors of peace just can't kill anymore." To quote CSNY from "American Dreams."

I do believe that leaders are ordained by God, that everything is. We are used by the Creator whether we know it or not, whether we agree to it or not. Its all part of His plan, set in motion before eternity began. Free will with consequences attached.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Huckabee. Nor Romney, nor Guliani, nor Clinton. I like Obama, but I don't think he can win the general election. Edwards cracks me up. Nice guy, but President? I don't think so. I'm curious to see what happens with Ron Paul, but that's about it so far.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Soldiers for Christ, eh?

If I want to be a soldier for Christ I'll NOT be having him, an anti-everyone-but-my-religion Baptist minister, as my General.

If i want to be a soldier for Christ, I will be one. But certainly not because he has anything to do with it.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that McCain is ahead in New Hampshire. The thought of Huckabee as POTUS is frightening.

So is the thought of Obama as POTUS. His church isn't exactly squeeky clean either. YIKES! The two of them are both whackadoos in the church department.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi There,

Of course this is quite a disturbing report, to read of such zealotry coming out of the mouth of a presidential candidate, whose prime concern was definitely to gain evangelical votes. Religionists do not need to hear a political speech, they want to have it confirmed in their minds that there is someone whom they can put there vote on, someone whom views life in similar (or exact) terms that they do...Huckabee looks to be that choice.

I am wholly against the conjoing of church and state. In politicising religion, or religionising politics, you gain a facism in a most insidious and treacherous mask, because it is one that wears a smile of piousness, but underneath beats a sociopathic heart. Bush was/is a foretaste of what to expect, and with Huckabee, there is something for all liberal-minded free-thinkers to fear, and to genuinely revile. On no account should any country be run on religious percepts or creed. The dark ages were not called the dark ages for nothing, it is when religion and state ruled side by side from the one bed, and when the flowering bloom of reason was withering upon its own uproot. The 'dark' should it ever fully arise, will come from America, where its shadow has already been cast by the present incumbent in the Whitehouse...or should that be the Darkhouse?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As a side note: Have you ever seen the ad for something for sale in the paper, and it ends with how they are Christians? Like this is a guarantee that you won't get ripped off. I view those ads, and sometimes they are for companies of some size, as a "sucker pitch" to the idiot crowd.

I live in Arkansas, and let me tell you, Huckleberry is no saint. If you doubt me, look at who all he has working in his campaign. Get the list, google their names, and take a really good look at what they've been a part of in the past.

I am not a Christian, but I am married to one. My darling wife has a plan that is second to none for that faith. She is as strong in her beliefs as anyone I have ever seen. She wouldn't let the Huckster in spitting range. And I trust her BS meter better than my own research.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
In all honesty, this guy sounds like an al'qaeda recruiter - the only real difference is that he seems to be calling for christians to become extremists on a large scale.

Church and state holding hands = war

Are you guys kidding? Have you ever even listened to the guy? Try it some time. He comes across as the most milquetoast aw shucks guy who'd give you the shirt off his back if you need it. He's about the exact opposite of a fiery al qaeda fanatic. Try to get over your public education anti christian brainwashing.

It is a good thing to have someone with moral training in the White House given the dreck that has been served up recently. There is a reason Chuck Norris is a supporter. Having said all that I am not a Huckabee supporter. I believe he is another Trojan Horse NWO globalist insider and in fact he appears to be corrupt as most of the candidates are:
www.judicialwatch.org...

Thus if his persona weren't just a put on, I would find his candidacy attractive. However I need someone who stands a chance of addressing three issues that are destroying America:
1) Securing the Borders
2) Correcting the trade imbalance with fascist dictatorships
3) Ending dependence on foreign oil, especially Muslim and communist (Venezuelan) oil.

With Ron Paul I suspect we will get 1-2 of these addressed. With all the other candidates we get the NWO policy of business as usual. The business of dismantling the US IMHO.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I need somebody like you running from president, you got the main three issue killing this nation alright.

But in our corporate ridden government those three issues are tabu.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What really scares me about zelots in office, is that they want armageddon to come about to hasten the second coming. I went to Catholic school, and there is NO WAY that I would want to further blurr the already disintegrating line between church and state. There is a reason the founding fathers wanted separate church and state. If you combine the two together, you end up with the Crusades. No way would I want any part of that! As it is, many of us think that the "war on terror" is a war between islam and christianity. It's not. It's a farce to get the people stirred up, so that we're scared to death. That way our Corporate Masters can do whatever they want to us.

Huckabee strikes me more as another snake oil salesman like a televangelist (a lifeform truely lower than the ameoba).

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by SevenThunders

I need somebody like you running from president, you got the main three issue killing this nation alright.

But in our corporate ridden government those three issues are tabu.

But I'm a horrible fundamentalist christian. Even worse I must be a nut because I think my government is trying to destroy me and my family with their corrupt policies.
My father in law who is an old time republican operative views Ron Paul as a nut. His view is not that uncommon.

Seriously anyone with a lick of common sense and maybe a little more courage, would make a better president than most all of the candidates we have right now.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by SevenThunders]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just another Illuminati shill trying to sway the religious right. Doesn't matter that he did this in a Middle School, his message is loud and clear : ALL CHRISTIANS VOTE FOR ME.

I seem to remember someone else who used this same tactic to steal an election twice.... funny that he was in fact a satanist bent on starting the final war in the middle east, fulfilling prophecies of the Bible and instituting himself as the anti-christ.

But see, that's the thing. The anti-christ will always appeal to Christians first. The ultimate deception. Bush fooled them twice, now Huckabee is about to play the same game.

Sad world we live in where Christians are swindled into rooting for satanist puppets. But hey, that's modern politics, to the T. Blacks are swindled into voting for Illuminati puppets as well (hiya, Obama).

[edit on 7-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join