It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Thongs sandals sold at Walmart!!! DO NOT BUY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
www.oneill.com...

Nuff said.

You get what you pay for. I would never put anything that cheap on my feet, especially from WalMart.

There are certain things you should never sacrifice price for quality for. Footwear is one of them.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are quite a few people with claims their feet were affected by the sandal.

Here are a few more feet.

It looks painful. I don't like wearing stuff between my toes so I would am safe.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You are my favorite poster. I star you whenever you post.

Glad your feet are ok.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Now just imagine if they were making the other type of thongs people wear. Ouch...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well, I don't buy from China anyways so yay! Human rights issues.

Oh hey, I just thought, this is a human rights issue right here. Sort of like the led issue too. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

sorry wrong thread dg.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It looks like this is the source of the photos on the Snopes article...
www.lamanaphotography.com...
The person mentions later in the page that they were a former employee, a disgruntled one by the sound of it, of the Walmart.

You would have to been there but it was almost as if since I was a former employee, It is my opinion he was going out of his way to try and be mean to me. I have heard this is a common Walmart practice, but I didn't really believe it til now.

Also this is seven or eight months ago...

7-6-07 Under advisement of my attorney I have boxed up the actual offending flip flops and tucked them away in a safe place.

She purchased the Flip Flops in April '07 and the worst of the pictures are from July. My only question is how long do you keep wearing the things and watching your foot rot off before you quit wearing them and seek medical attention? Sounds kinda hokey.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Not everything Chinese is evil or gives you cooties.

See how you say "Not everything" I'm assuming that you've met my wife!

I live in China! It it was even 1% as bad as some of you are trying to make out I'd have kicked the bucked long ago.

I ain't dead!

There could be a simple explanation like the woman in question is allergic to a certain kind of dye, or her thong was to tight and wet (I mean the sandal kind) and she has an extremely high pain threshold and didn't notice when her shoes started trying to eat her alive. (Very Stephen King)

The French the Chinese... Who's next for the great American boycott?

MonKey

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yes... this happened to my daughter last summer. She wore a pair for just a few hours, and her feet were terribly burned. They were chemical burns that were very painful and lasted for weeks. We were unsure if it was just a fluke or what... so I wore them, after 30 minutes I began to feel the burn. I am sure it was more than just seven people who were hurt. I still have the sandals.

In a similar Wal-Mart/China incident.. My brother always wears a ball-cap, he had the same type burns on his head from where the sweatband was. He bought his hat at the same time and Wal-Mart store that I bought the sandals at, both products were made in China.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join