It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Thongs sandals sold at Walmart!!! DO NOT BUY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is very true I heard it in news from one of our local radios here that our goverment has to be extra careful on these cheap imports from china especially clothes because the Chinese are using some strong but cheap chemical in their manufactures. Cheap is expensive and at the same time fatal.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

[edit on 7-1-2008 by manbearpig]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by manbearpig

The first time I looked at these photo's, I thought the first picture was of a person wearing the flip flops, but realize now that it's blisters. How awful!

Where did you get these pictures? Is there a news article that goes along with them?

I wonder if Wal-Mart has to assume any responsibility for this?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

it was sent to me by email

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Wow, thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

no problem

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
how many people has this happened to? Not that i would get sandals from walmart, but thanks for the heads up also!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this has officially made my list of reasons why I dont wear Flip-Flops.

but now I have a new list for "dont by anything Chinese".. does the food place
down the street count??? its good even though you know it aint chicken..

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And that's why Wal-Mart needs to be renamed to China-Mart.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

not sure how many this has happend to. just had it sent to me by email, your welcome for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I just called my daughter and told her to toss her flip flops. Not sure if she bought them in Walmart or not, but for 3 bucks a pair who cares. Just another reason why I check everything now before I purchase it. My youngest received three gifts at Christmas all made in China, right back to the store they went.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cw034

ya china has been bad lately. i think ill stay away from made in china products..... not like ill really beable to

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
10 pairs of flip flops "caused" this out of millions of pairs sold.

OMG! CHINA IS TRYING TO KILL US!

DON'T BUY CHINA!

EVIL COMMUNISM!!!

my youngest received three gifts at Christmas all made in China, right back to the store they went.

but now I have a new list for "dont by anything Chinese".

this has officially made my list of reasons why I dont wear Flip-Flops.

You guys are too funny.

I take it you've never taken Statistics 101?

You should read this post:

The bigger the outlet, the bigger the belief. This is a universal rule - the more minds that you introduce the information into, the more will accept it, and the more will share it. This effect becomes self-propagating, and most believers will always try to convert the non-believers. This event is the most critical part of the operation, for without it, the operation will fail. It is what we normally refer to as, "running the bases".

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
10 complaints out of 7 millions pairs sold.

How can someone continue wearing these sandals to the point of injury such as is shown in the photo?

Didn't they notice the irritation long before the wounds got that bad?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
why is everyone blaming china? You realize the US has quality check procedures, right? It's obviously a case of Wal-Mart trying to get the lowest price possible, at any cost.

Just like the big "lead paint scare." Our companies were fine with the paint they used, until people complained. If someone wants to buy a crappy product, who in the right mind will say "no, it's going to be too cheap and unsafe?"

We're talking about suits and corporate robots here.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Thanks you for pointing this out. I had shown these pictures to my boyfriend and the first thing he said was, "how could a person wear something long enough to cause blisters like that?" "They had to have felt some pain before then."

He also said something to the effect that even if he was walking around Disney Land, he would have taken them off and found another place to buy a pair of shoes, no matter what the cost!

Makes you wonder how long the person actually had them on for!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
with the seemingly endless supply of "tainted Chinese products"
doesnt fit into your statistics 101 class.. and you want to play
Russian roulette with your children, pets, feet. eytc etc..
by all means.. be my guest.. but for this Yankee..

i aint buying anything chinese right now...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I got similar blisters back in college from a pair of flops I got from J. Crew. No chemicals, though... just the awful rubber rubbing off my skin.

And yes, I was dumb enough to leave them on long enough to cause that. Wore them all over campus because I had back to back classes all day and wasn't going back to the dorm. Didn't throw them away after that either... 17 is a stupid age.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have shoes from fine stores in California, Phoenix, Australia and they kill my feet-
Flip flops from Walmart are the least of my worries- You'd have to be stupid to pay .99 for a pair and keep them on long enough to watch your feet rot...
I have bought them at Walmarts before and i'm still wearing them, and my feet are as smooth as silk. No foot rot.

Not everything Chinese is evil or gives you cooties.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
G,day guys first reply here but being an assie and a thong wearer for years I felt I should give some advice here .Your thongs need to be loose I checked mine as I walked around and found that the straps only touch between the big tow and the second tow I think that the feet in the photo had thongs way too small .Also where did this person wair these thongs because I now if you wair your thongs on a coral beach with course sand you can get blistes and a rash it,s not from the rubber it,s from the small grains rubbing the skin under the strap ,just my two cents

top topics

<<   2 >>

join