It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of this forum? And suggestions for a change.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

I have to agree with you on this.

Specifically for posters who have disclaimers on their story such as:
"don't ask me for proof.."
"don't expect me to provide evidence..."

If you are not willing to provide some corroboration (a vid, pic, news clip, witness) to your wild story then it should be moved to a different thread.

Good suggestion OP!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Breadfan
Could you share with us those UFO cases that you think are true?

And could you post of links to thos photo's that you think are authentic UFOs?

thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

I have to agree with you on this.

Specifically for posters who have disclaimers on their story such as:
"don't ask me for proof.."
"don't expect me to provide evidence..."

If you are not willing to provide some corroboration (a vid, pic, news clip, witness) to your wild story then it should be moved to a different thread.

Good suggestion OP!!!

Can you give us some links which meet your criteria as to what you consider as evidence in this area?
I would love to see them!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Are there any UFO cases out there that you believe are true?

Actually, as i said several times, i don't believe, i search for knowledge. There are some cases, which i haven't found to be hoaxes, scams or mistakes, but that won't mean, that i believe them to be true, i guess. If you're interested it's mostly the "big" ones, good ol' Roswell, Rendlesham, O'Hare, Phoenix for example.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Breadfan
Could you share with us those UFO cases that you think are true?

And could you post of links to thos photo's that you think are authentic UFOs?

thanks

If I tell you I saw aliens, had a chat with them, had a ride in their spaceship, have befriended one of them which often visits me and that I know for certain what happens when we die, give u answer to this, answer to that etc. without ANY solid proof, it's what I call BULL# and it -insults- normal people looking for more then just a "word" of a prophet.

In my opinion, someone posting a blurry UFO photo is a lot more valuable in my eyes then someone who tells fantastic stories without any evidence.

Are you now satisfied with my answer?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

I'm not satisfied with your answer.

A blurry photo is less valuable to me than a made up story. A story can't be proven one way or another, while a blurry photo is usually a purposeful attempt to pulling off a hoax.

Got any photo's you can prove are 100% real?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I'm not satisfied with your answer.

A blurry photo is less valuable to me than a made up story. A story can't be proven one way or another, while a blurry photo is usually a purposeful attempt to pulling off a hoax.

Blurry photo -may- be a hoax but that has to be determined and for sure we have more data to work with, even with that blurry photo. And not all of them have proven to be fakes, some of them are still undefined.

Got any photo's you can prove are 100% real?

No I don't, but I have a 100% real story for you about me having sex with this alien woman who had three[snip]and an antenna on her head. We used the antena to watch Andromedan Cable TV.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Flagged and Starred, OP. Thank you for the suggestion. I, for one, am with you 100%. I don't think it will provide an additional burden to the existing moderation structure as all that is being asked is that the posts be sorted into different categories rather than jumbled into one category.

As it appears to be only a suggestion, I fail to see how one poster can accuse the OP of trying to tell the Three Amigo's how to run their site. I should think that the majority of woo-woo's would appreciate having their own section where they can debate the finer points of reptilian, raelian, pleadian, grey life without the high signal to noise ratio of the skeptics and debunkers they continually rail about. Same vis a vis for the individuals who have no desire to read about yet another extraterrestrial in human form.

No offense intended towards any specific individual and please remember that my posts are my own thoughts and are expressed as one opinion among many.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I mentioned in my post what I consider as corroboration of the story.
I'll list them again for you though.

vid, pic, news clip, witness.

none of these may equate to evidence though, but at least they are an attempt to corroborate a story. Got it?

This gives others on the forum something to work with when trying to interpret what the OP is telling us.

If a poster just wants a support group, then maybe there should be a separate forum for that purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rwiggins

That was me you made a reference to.

This is an attempt to tell someone how to run this site. (This thread)

I read all the threads concerning Aliens and UFO's, not just the ones that have no supposed backup. It's nice to see so much variety all in one forum.

I find the ones where people use evidence such as shaky videos, blurry photograhps, etc.... to be more of a fantasy and entertainment than the ones that have no backup at all.

Why? Because some people drool over, and actually believe some of these threads to be fact, based on a crappy peice of evidence. It's really hysterically funny if you ask me.

But then again, this is only my opinion, too.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The point of this forum...and the others here at ATS/BTS...is to attract page hits. Particularly page hits from non-members who get to see all of the beautiful advertisements. Non-members don't want to be a'browsing around, trying to find just exactly what revs their motor. If they have to click too many times to see what interests them....you risk the chance they will give up and switch sites. Thus....all of the "Aliens and UFOs" topics are lumped under one banner...regardless of what skeptics and believers alike think. It's the lurkers, unique visitors, and non-members that make up a little over half of the traffic here, driving the revenue stream.....

[edit on 7-1-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Point is, after around 50(?) years of serious ufology, "we" haven't even got a single solid thread of proof for the EXISTENCE of any alien race. Sure, we got statistics, testimonies and blurry pictures - but that's it.
Believe is more important then knowledge for some of the members here, as long as the story is far out enough.

IMHO there's an important lesson here.

50, 60 years of research by many people, and still no Proof. Evidence, yes, but no conclusive Proof.

What's the pattern?

Either there are really no alien races visiting us, OR,

There ARE alien races visiting us - but they have a POLICY not to leave any Proof! They have a POLICY to make contact with selected individuals discretely - as opposed to walking around in public with the cameras rolling!

Either way, it is foolish for us to sit and wait for "Proof" to come in the form of photos or video. It is equally foolish for us to discount the testimony of all the thousands of witnesses who claim to have had discrete face-to-face contact.

And yet, many on this forum do EXACTLY that - dismiss those who claim to have direct experience of extraterrestrials, and sit and wait for Proof-that-never-comes......

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Which photo's have not been determined to be fake? You mean you have proof of a 100% real UFO photo? Amazing. Have you contacted the media yet with this fantastic news?

As for the ones that are undefined, well, they are as good as a story, since they are both undefined.

As for your date with the alien, wonderful! I bet you wish you had 3 hands at the time!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree, if you are going to post that you are inhabited by an alien or, you have been abducted by an alien, or, your mother had an alien baby, at least have some proof, that what you are inclining us to believe has some thread of evidence to back it up.

We live in a real world and most things that come across these posts, well, they are indeed out there!

BTW: Did I ever tell you about the time....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Well there is a first time for everything.
I agree with you on this one MrPenny after all it is their livelihood.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First thing you need to do is lay the foundation for the idea that you desire to share. Select your desired audience so you know what material to use and the maximum number of syllables you can use. (note, i just lost all those who flunked english) The more complex the idea, the smaller the audience. Be concise, if you lose your train of thought you cause a train crash for all those folks riding on your line. Next, consider if you really do want all these strangers dissecting you amazing intellect in a public forum. You need to know there is no such thing as a simple fact, they are never simple, plain or easy. They always have seperate,hidden and multiple meanings that you haven't encountered yet. My personal favorite is the Roswell UFO's crash. There's sometime about that title that captures your attention and focus'es you mind in a particular direction. The idea never crosses your mind that it was actually The Roswell Invasion and that it was just a continuation of the UFO war in Antartica. Ufo's rose from the ocean depths and attacked a multinational fleet code name "Operation High Jump" that was invading Antarica searching for Hitler, hidden Nazi bases (Germany claimed large parts of antartica prior to WWII. On February 22, 1947 (note date) UFO's sank two Navy ships, shot down numerous P51 mustang fighter planes and killed 68 U.S. Naval personnel. You can see it happen on youtube user debris765nju titled secret war in antartica. The aliens were part of the axis in WWII, they have participated in every government since the first cave meeting. But this isn't about that is it. A term that pretty much covers everything is a quote from my childhood. "It is hard to remember it was your intention to clean the swamp when you are uo to you ass in alligators. Many people and government believe the best way to correct a proble or an injustice is to make the people asking the questions go away. I have been showing and telling about aliens for over half a century. I have shown and explained that the aliens are here, there, everywhere, even showed photo's and videos. I have woven truth into a club and beat people with it but they blink their eyes and never consider that newfound knowledge again. What is the point you ingenously ask? Too have fun, to take your brain out and play with it. Wait until a native born american alien decides to run for president and billion of his alien buddies register to vote and elect him. Before you scroll off consider this. This could happen, when they appear they will be in the majority. Bush has already set the precedent that he can change any law passed by the house and senate into a law that he favors. Illegal, unconstitutional and allowed.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Its become a repository for corny hoaxers and trolls to try and get their threads as large as possible.
Remember the one with the picture of the bushed with a crude paint shop pro line drawn around a supposed grey..hmm not..many more fill the list and its gotten way way out of hand.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

Hi jaina, do you have any constructive advice and suggestions for the forum, or do you only wish to complain about the content?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Frank I understand how you feel and I understand your frustration,but I don't necessarily agree with you.
If people post in the appropriate forum and post according to the T&C then members should be able to post freely.
I don't contribute much in this forum but I do read it every evening and find much of it fascinating.
I've read many of the abduction stories posted here, and while I can't prove them wrong,I can't completely dismiss an account.I find many posts to be genuine in intentions and I find some posted for points and attention.
Of course this is my personal opinion and I could very well be wrong on my assessments.
What I do find disturbing is people who attack others who may wish to get a burden off their chest and find kindred spirits who have possibly experienced similar events.
I'm certainly not accusing you of attacking anyone,I'm making a broad statement directed at nobody.
I find navigation on the site very easy and I wouldn't enjoy sub forums to sub forums and so on.
If you don't enjoy reading personal experiences just avoid the thread.The title usually indicates the subject matter.
Just my two coppers.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

First thing you need to do is lay the foundation for the idea that you desire to share. Select your desired audience so you know what material to use and the maximum number of syllables you can use. (note, i just lost all those who flunked english) The more complex the idea, the smaller the audience. Be concise, if you lose your train of thought you cause a train crash for all those folks riding on your line. Next < SNIP A Doodle>

The above was nice and well thought. The part that I snipped well, it leaves alot to be desired. Sorry, YMMV. You might want to re-read your mission statement above.

Back to the regular program of why this forum loves loons who have no proof of Aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join