It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperate sections for News and personal opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You realise that after some time that the people who update pre written items on the Internet and bring them here are not the same as those who just need personal help in their quest for knowledge.

I think maybe the two are so separate that maybe rules should be made or a new thread based on personal opinion threads on all their paranormal or conspiracy theories.

People give an opinion about a subject, but is it really an official post?
Bringing up a story from the media and then saying why it matters is another thing.

Saying you do not like Christians, Reptilians, Muslims, Americans and God is a personal opinion that maybe should have it's own free expression section. The reason why I don't like something is not a subject; it's just a conversation. People then get personal and annoyed because it is not from a source but a statement.

But having all these statements in their own section, maybe called
'free expression and help' because that is what it is and not exactly worldly news to say the NWO is coming closer.

I am not sure if ATS has such sections but if there are I believe many people do not know the difference.

What has been made official and what you think is two different areas, and that is why people are getting Ratty about all this.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It seems to me as long as there is a clear distinction between what is news-sources and such and opinions, it is all good.

In fact, I believe we are strongly encouraged to post thoughts/comments and opinions on news articles as well as anything else posted here.

So, as long as we say or imply, I think, I feel, it seems to me............. then all opinions are ok-so ling as they follow TAC.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think there is a lot of seeking Knowlege and answers from new posts where as many are on another level with those answers. Obviously we can not answer all personal experiences. But some people ask the the obvious question -is their a God? and that to me is nothing new and needs a seeking opinion section of its own. It's more of an internet discussion chat up line than something new or overseen by the media.

Maybe a helpline section for those not sure of a subject and need an overall scope of opinions.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

When you submit a news article to Breaking Alternative News or Political news, the poster's opinion and original news article are separated into different post.

I can understand how frustrating it is to read an excellent article and then have some people completely derail the thread. However, this is the beauty of ATS. Everyone can give their own opinion.

Freedom of speech at its finest.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I still don't think people understand what i am saying.

1) I know breaking news is as it suggests, as brand new exclusive report.
Example: Earthquake in China over 2000 people die.

2) Then the next stage from that is an analysis of a subject and various evidence.
Example: Scientists believe a God particle exists, it will link many theories up.

3) Then after that is to question a subject and the news comes to you when people give you links to help you find out the truths.
Example :If God exists why does he let 2000 people die in China.

To me the last one is a philisophical question but many believers will turn to the scriptures and provide links to why. Whist others may agree God does not exist but it's a question that many would like to know and yet use against the idea of a God.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The time lord,

I don't see the difference between your 2nd and 3rd example.

1- Objective 'facts'

2 and 3- Subjective opinions

I guess we are all a bit confused...

[edit on 1/8/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The 3rd one is more of an lets ask ATS members a questions.

1) is breaking news - and facts which add opinion

2) is old news from various experts that is of interest, can be used as archives for helping certain threads to stay updated and continuous and have a link or back up to support the claims.

3) Is a personalised question a search for answers, a philophical question and self made theories that maybe has no real answers too. What happens when you travel faster than the speed of light? Obviously no one knows but you have a question and people will give theories to it.

one is FACT, two is SUBJECTIVE and three is THOERY.

All do make up a post in general but they do not start in the same nature.

new topics

top topics

join