It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE NEW CENSUS - American Community Survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This new "census" form is 24-pages long, and demands that you lay bare every detail of your life, including how much you earn, what your home is worth, details of your health, when you leave for work, previous addresses, pregnancies, monies received from government, and on and on.

I say demand because you can be fined up to $1,000 for each of the 72 questions you don�t answer or which you answer "incorrectly." However, so far no one has been fined for not answering, nor are they likely to be if public resistance is strong.

THE NEW CENSUS: An All-Out Assault On Your Privacy

A copy of the 2008 American Community Survey (please note this is a sample survey from census.gov not the complete version)...

census.gov/acs/www - for more information

The American Community Survey is conducted under the authority of Title 13, United States Code, Sections 141 and 193, and response is mandatory. According to Section 221, persons who do not respond shall be fined not more than $100. Title 18 U.S.C. Section 3571 and Section 3559, in effect amends Title 13 U.S.C. Section 221 by changing the fine for anyone over 18 years old who refuses or willfully neglects to complete the questionnaire or answer questions posed by census takers from a fine of not more than $100 to not more than $5,000.

information on fines is fourth paragraph

There is tons of information and editorials, just google American Community Survey

We as a country have to do something about this. The gov't is now asking you to document your life for them and under 13 U.S.C. §§ 141 and 193 they have the power to require you to! No more privacy and the amount of ways this can be used against you is mind boggling. And where will all this information be stored, you know where in a huge vulnerable database that can be accessed by tons of people. Sure, they'll fine anyone who uses the information improperly, but once the information has been comprised.... that's game over. Write letters, dont fill it out, show your discontent before all this info ends up on a chip in your arm too.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
At first glance of questions I thought no big deal just asking who, and what ages live in the house. That is fine, it has been going on for a long time. However to require people to answer personal questions, monthly mortgage payments, health insurance coverage etc etc, is just going too far in my opinion. One more step I guess at gaining total and complete control of our daily lives. What the hell is this country coming to, it is run by a bunch of damn strong armed criminals. You dont submit to what we want, we will fine you. What the hell, how in the crap is this considered a free country? How much more of this kind of crap are we willing to take? You know I guess it really isnt life or death and all info they could easily find, but it just seems like they keep strong arming us into submitting to their will. I hope I get this from I will at least have a little fun answering the questions.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bokinsmowl

I have never answered one of these things. In fact, I don't ever recall even ever receiving one in the past.

How are they ever going to fine anyone if they don't make sure everyone receives one?

Nobody has ever stopped at my house to gather any information, either.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
well folks, I just received a copy of the survey in the mail. They want details on income, hours worked, how many people ride in the vehicle...dang.

Ok, insurance information, what kind of company I work for, and what time I normally leave for work in the morning.

They want to know about military service, my hearing, and if I have trouble bathing or dressing myself.

They want to know if I missed any work last week, and if I babysit my grandchildren.

Really? How many times I've been married? How many rooms are in my house?

Ok...they want the physical address of my work location. Why??

It says that the survey is sent out to households "scientifically selected". Not random.

ok, I'm going to chew on this one for a bit before I fill it out.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I used to work for the census doing this exact survey, needless to say i've quit because of shady tactics used to get things such as unlisted numbers. I was told they bought that information from 'information agencies' who's names weren't given. I still have the all my training papers and the survey itself. It is manditory to take the survey one way or another to those who are selected.

If anyone has any questions about it, i'll be happy to answer, although I cant give out any information from any of the cases i've worked, i'm still under oath.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

They are selceted by random adresses that will get an avergae number for a certain area. Out of 15 people in your area, 5 might recieve the survey, based on the results of the 5 suveys the information is accounted for the whole area. Thats how they get statistics such as people per square mile, average amount of nationwide income ect.

top topics

join