It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Moon Images

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Actually, both "Color" and "Colour" words are used in different countries, I believe, although I prefer "Color" word

reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, don't you think it's kind of boring to see nothing but objects that look like rocks on the ground everywhere, on Moon, and on Mars, etc.?

Gee, NASA needs to present something different and cool.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

Originally posted by mikesingh
Like what the heck is this...?

Like, a rock? What is it we are supposed to see here?

Obviously you're supposed to be seeing a rock!! Did I say it's an alien's easy chair or a chocolate fudge carton left by a Russian cosmonaut on a secret Moon mission?

Darn! Whatever happened to good ol' humor on ATS??

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Gosh, I wish we could get pictures of the actual Lunar Site landing... like perhaps the American Flag or abandoned Rovers?

I havent actually looked through all the pics yet to see if those are there... but i assume that if we can see rover tracks, then the rover would also be in one of the pics... which i thought someone would have posted by now

lets check...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I can't believe you photo experts missed this one:

OMG! Unbelievable! Debunk this one! Blah blah blah!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
after looking at the Luna-17 with Lunokhod-1 pics and the tracks it made after rolling off it's little platform, the tire tracks we've seen were probably made from these russian rovers and not the ones from when we landed on the moon...

so, while i do believe man has landed on the moon... I still dont believe it was what the americans watched when it was aired live so many years ago...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I can't believe you photo experts missed this one:

OMG! Unbelievable! Debunk this one! Blah blah blah!

Yeah! check out my post here...

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by olegkvasha

Like what the heck is this...?

But no one seemed to notice!!

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

mike, lol your quick to spot that out! nice find, i didnt notice anything the first time i saw it lol.

perhaps some of that debris that fell off with the hard landing? i have no clue...
no pyramid structure though

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's kind of funny that John or Zorgon haven't popped in to offer their 2 cents on this.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
styxxz,

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Venera 7 was launched from a Tyazheliy Sputnik in an earth parking orbit towards Venus to study the Venusian atmosphere and other phenomena of the planet. Venera 7 entered the atmosphere of Venus on December 15, 1970, and a landing capsule was jettisoned. After aerodynamic braking, a parachute system was deployed. The capsule antenna was extended, and signals were returned for 35 min. Another 23 min of very weak signals were received after the spacecraft landed on Venus. The capsule was the first man-made object to return data after landing on another planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.mentallandscape.com...

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by styxxz

styzzx,

See how rumours get started?? NO, no rovers on Venus.

Yep. It seems biggie smalls meant spacecraft not rover..

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thanks mods for moving this thread to John's forum

And thanks for the kind words all. Still trying to find time to sink my teeth into these and go over them. Im quite suprised the images are still available usually they "miraculously" disapear on me

Also the guy who owns the site is Don P Mitchell a retired researcher of Bell Laboratories. So all credit should go to him for bringing these images together on one site.

EDIT: Its a small world after all. I was looking at Don's blog and came across a post from Zorgon

Link

/rich

[edit on 8-1-2008 by olegkvasha]

[edit on 8-1-2008 by olegkvasha]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I dunno if it's just me but since this has been posted the site is unavailable, or at least the full size images are. The page loads but certain images don't?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Luna 17 carried a rover named Lunokhod 1. Those are probably rover tracks. The paragraph above the photos mentioned the rover.

...Although Mike has clarified his post and stated he wasn't talking about the rover tracks. The item he was talking about is some oddly-shaped rock in the background, or possibly part of the Luna 17 lander. Either that or a rubber ducky (with duck bill open and pointing to the right)

[edit on 1/8/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I noticed the odd shape that Mike was on about earlier on i thought i looked like something on all fours looking for a contact lens or something, also in the first post the image shows a crater , on the top edge there is what looks like an object quite bright in the crater on a horizontal plane, i have no s/ware to enhance this can someone have a look?? maybe nothing but would like to see it better!!

regards
Git

www.mentallandscape.com...

[edit on 8-1-2008 by completenuttergit]

[edit on 8-1-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Hey buddha that wiki article you posted says nothing bout the landing being "hard" or "rough".

In fact it states that the landing was russia's second successful "soft" landing.

So unless you have another source of information we can deduce thats it probably not from the landing craft. Furthermore the only equipment I think that failed was a camera and IMHO that piece does not resemble anything that would be used for a camera.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Still a rock. Light shadows making shapes out of nothing. Sorry, I still see nothing extraordinary in the pics. I want to, somebody show me something that will make me go hmmm.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
is it just me or does the piece of metal looking 3 disc cylinder thing look old and like it is starting to rust?

that doesn't look shiny and new, and how will it get rusted on the moon without an atmosphere?

it looks like it's rusted or road salted lol the white parts look like something left over from some chemical/chemical reaction

it looks like you could scrape that white stuff off like crud from your teeth

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For anybody who is interested there was a previous discussion about the cylinder here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The first picture that was posted makes it clear why the photos are in bkacl and white, for it shadow use, it seems to me that the russians have extended shadows in their pictures to cover things, instead of the Nasa blurring technique. The the first posted picture normal shadows which progressionally fade can easily be seen apart from black lines of other craters, sometimes right beside them. Also the panorama picturesthe black sky in the back ground looks a little too sharply cut, and the contours of the moon look a little too rounded, sure the moon is smaller than the earth but , I don't think it's that small, for the horizon to be that distinguishly contoured. thats my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great thread olegkvasha

Some of you may have already seen this thread but I will post the anomaly here just incase any of you missed it:

[edit on 8/1/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

For anybody who is interested there was a previous discussion about the cylinder here:

thank you

internos replied to you with a pic and in the first one it looks like a chunk was taken out of the first cylinder shape you can see and in the pic he has under it looks like it was like colored in to just look darker

[edit on 8-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

[edit on 8-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join