It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Moon Images

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hello guys.

Don't know if anyone has found this site before but it seems to be a very nice collection of high-res soviet moon images. No strange air-brushing.

Havent had a good chance to look through all of them but im sure you lot will have them under the scope within the hour. (looks at Zorgon and Mike)

Example:

The Site:

Soviet Moon Images

Have fun

/rich

[edit on 7-1-2008 by olegkvasha]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by olegkvasha]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sorry Mods this has gone in the wrong forum. If possible can it be moved to the John Lear forum plllllzzzzzzz

Thanks
/rich

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There are a lot of cool photos on that site, id honestly never really though about the images that the soviets may have taken with their satellites, its cool to finally see some.

Like this one

looks like a can in the middle, i wonder what it is, maybe a part the rover that broke off.

Good find olegkvasha

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Very nice Oleg, if you dig through John Lears forum on moon pics.. Internos , Zorgon and Zarnziwoop did a nice research job on pieces left behind some of the earlier modules (ie the last pic provided by atticus, btw
)... while you're there look up the story on the lone 'little' cosmonaut. If you cant find it, let me know, I'll fill ya in. Good work Oleg. flag for you brotha.

spikeD.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That pic "Atticus_Black" posted kinda looks like this .

The Coso Artifact
ufo.whipnet.org...

Listed on most sites under
"The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts"

Just to get the ball rolling

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
That pic "Atticus_Black" posted kinda looks like this .

The Coso Artifact
ufo.whipnet.org...

Listed on most sites under
"The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts"

Just to get the ball rolling

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Mindless]

i just read about the coso artifact after reading your post and its quite interesting, the idea of an ancient spark plug is bizare, although it seems that some people suggest that it looks like an old 1920's spark plug but that doesnt make sense if you think that it came from a 500,000 year old geode.

I must admit the coso artifact does look similar to that wierd thing in the picture i posted, but not the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I found some stuff on those objects from a reputable site but couldn't find it for this post .
It had just struck me as similar. Each are interesting none the less. Gonna look for more info on your pic

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This should get you in the right 'direction' as far pinpointing the 'corso' artifact and what it might possibly be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Oleg! A star and flag!!
Two stars would've been better but that's not possible as the programing doesn't permit it!!

That's what I call a cool find! Now don't you disturb me. I'm going right in!! Let's see what we've got here!

Like what the heck is this...?

Cheers!

[edit on 7-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
WTF??? can't the Russians afford color cameras?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Star and flag here too

reply to post by Ben Miller

These are old images from SOVIET space program:

here you can find a description of the cameras which they used at the time

[edit on 7/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Like what the heck is this...?

Like, a rock? What is it we are supposed to see here?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Great find.

It doesn't look like the Soviets photoshop their pictures as much as NASA does

They also had some interesting pictures from their Venus rover...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Threads pending: "The russians never landed on the moon, there are no stars!" and "Definate proof for life on the moon, used cans!"

And so on, and so on.. Nice to see pictures from someone not NASA!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Maybe he is referring to what looks like tracks in front of the rock. Those could be anything though. Anything....hmmm....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atticus_Black
There are a lot of cool photos on that site, id honestly never really though about the images that the soviets may have taken with their satellites, its cool to finally see some.

Like this one

looks like a can in the middle, i wonder what it is, maybe a part the rover that broke off.

Good find olegkvasha

Agreed! Good find!

Looks like a lot of debris in that shot!

And what the heck is that shadow in the "can" area?

It looks like the antenna of a huge lunar ant!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!

But I have a question, and it's a little off topic. In the photos taken by the "rover", do you see stars? I do.

Now, not to beat a dead horse... But if we can see stars here, then why couldn't we within the moon landing photos/movies?

I also don't believe that the moon landing was faked, however the whole "star" argument has always been in the back of my head.

FK

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Uuhm, thats called a rock

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Whatever vehicle with tires that ran over the rock pushed it to the side..you can see a line where the tire pushed the rock to the right of the track..interesting.The vehicle was moving from right to left facing the photo. No doubt was photos of the old American tracks left behind..or did they have a rover as well?

anyway, OBVIOUS tiretracks and easy to read..tires made for sandy surfaces with wider grooves than normal. Good find!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Miller
WTF??? can't the Russians afford color cameras?

Oh very helpful to the thread, whassup dude can't you afford the Oxford English Dictionary and spell the word Colour correctly.

Interesting photo OP, as I don't spend time scanning these images like some members do I will wait for Mr Lear's take on it.

Thanks
Wolfie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join