It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Situation looks like [a bit] from 'James Bond Tomorrow Never Die'.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

That simple is not the case at all, just a BS excuse to justify Iran’s attempt @ starting a shooting war.

YES, when Iranian gun boats make aggressive moves towards naval warships (DUH), yes, they are trying g to start an incident.

Yes, when Iranian gun boats radio that the US navy ships are about to explode, they are trying to start an incident.

When the Iranian gunboats drop off white box's into the water (in the path of US Naval ships), they are trying to start an incident.

It also presses nicely the timing. Since their is a peace process going on now and we all know Iran does not want peace. (If they did, they would not train/arm Muslim terrorist to murder and kill people. They would not arm them and have their terrorists militarily attack other countries-as Iran is clearly too cowardly to do on their own.

And since the entire Middle East knows Iran does not want peace, they were excluded from the peace process, so they are trying anything they can do to stop it.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This smells like Korea and Vietnam all over again. I don't think Americans are going to buy this crud a third time.

Dear George,

We're not as stupid as you think we are.

Sincerely,
The American Public

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I strongly believe the US want a war with Iran, not the other way around. Don't be fooled by "official news" as we should all know by now there is no "official news" any more. You are been fed propaganda, no more no less.

Don't fall for it (again).

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Listen to Irans side of the story... Which is much different than ours. Somehow I believe their story more than ours.

news.yahoo.com...

I believe the media is blowing these things out of proportion to ensenuate war.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Since their is a peace process going on now and we all know Iran does not want peace.

Oh - and several thousand of U.S. troops in and around Iraq want peace?

All the ships and the tanks and the aircraft bring peace right?

Did it ever occur to you, that such a massive armed force perhaps does not look very peaceful to some people actually living there?

(If they did, they would not train/arm Muslim terrorist to murder and kill people. They would not arm them and have their terrorists militarily attack other countries-as Iran is clearly too cowardly to do on their own.

So is sponsoring Kurdish Guerilla Attacks Inside Iran not arming/trainin Muslim terrorists to murer and kill people in Iran? Oh I forgot - when CIA hires some Muslims to kill other Muslims (or better yet - some Russkies), then they are called FREEDOM Fighters and not terrorists. Well a retired U.S. Col. Says U.S. ALREADY Are Conducting Military Operations Inside Iran - when counting all the spy drones flying over there and all the covert operations and all the Spy Networks operating there and all the ships patrolling very near your territorial waters and some british soldiers coming into your territorial waters. Well yes, there is kind of war going on in Iran already. And all these little patrol boat incidents do look very much alike Tonkin incident - an incident which never was. Well it looks to me that Iran is ALREADY under attack!

[edit on 7/1/08 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes"

I think the message got cut off. The rest went like this:

"all your base are belong to us! ur navy is teh suck! LOLZ noobz"

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is a cunning way to get a military escalation. The Iranians want this to happen because they are losing their battle internally with the people, so they need some cause to pull them together before Iran unravels from the inside out.

Also, they won't start something without some guy with his finger on the trigger of their land based anti-ship missiles and missiles aimed at US troops in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I remember watching Kissinger on BBC a couple of months ago saying how a significant confrontation with Iran was probably unavoidable with so much hardware being put in place around the Gulf. I agree completely. War with Iran is as sure as night follows day.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Lots of posts, so maybe its been covered, but 5 speed boats? # warships? 3?

Where is the rest of our 'fleet' while 5 speedboats are buzzing around? This sounds like Chicken Little to me. Maybe not, but I don't think Iran is going to do a thing to instigate violence. No USS Cole attacks. If something like that happens, it is more likely Mossad in a false lag to get things going.

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

As usual, the Muslim response is not to discuss the issue at hand, but to change the subject to something else-try to stay on topic, if you can-thank you!

The topic is the Iranian gunboats trying to cause a military conflict.

It occurs to me if Iran was concerned about a military conflict with the US navy, it would NOT!! send out gun boats on an intercept course.

It occurs to me they would not radio the US navy ships and tell them they are about to be blown up.

It occurs to me they would not drop boxes in the water in the path of the US navy ships (like bombs or mines).

These are the actions of a Muslim country that wants nothing but war.

They are trying their little brains can do and hoping to get the US to shoot first, so the Iranian's can lie and say it was/is all the US's fault.

I have notice a lot of people wanting to tell the US it is at fault while confidently forgetting that it was the Iranians that caused this incident and it was the US which showed remarkable restraint in not sinking all 5 Iranian boats.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If even half of you people were in a position of power, I'd stick my head in the sand and never come out. Instantly what the mainstream media reports is taken as fact? On ATS??? What happened to Deny Ignorance? If some of you were in charge of the military, we'd have just gone to war with Iran.

There's two sides to every story. Has Iran told their side yet? Or wait, they'd be lying if they told the truth, right? Seems to me everybody wants a war. Maybe it's time to stop jumping the gun. It's very much possible that the US is the one doing the provoking here. It's also very possible that the US was in Iranian waters.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anatomic Bomb

Ah, but while folks here on ATS may declare they're not as stupid there are far more of those who will take things at face value. It's not about what we allow to happen, there's not much you can do to stop policy and governing.

If this is truly another "false flag", then, people will take it as they've always had. There wont be any outcry if there's an attack on U.S ships.

This isn't the "false flag" you're looking for though. I don't see this incident as anything out of the ordinary, it's just a silly game of "mine is this big, how about yours?" at this point and will remain that way for some time.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

Starred.

It seems to me there is more posts of 'Iran sent boats at us? Let's get em' than people asking what really happened.

My personal opinion:

A false flag was called to start the war with Iran, but the ones pulling the strings didn't factor in US Sailors being as cautious and as intelligent as they were by not pulling the trigger.

The white boxes were some form of 'evidence' to put the blame on the Iranian leadership for the near-attack, but once again, they were not retrieved thus thwarting the false flag.

Plan A and B failed IMO, and i am dreading what plan C will entail.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If this was the US performing a false flag, they would of actually DONE something. not just antagonize.

If this was Iran, then that scares the crap out of me, because they obviously arent scared.

If there not scared, why arent they?

Iran obviously want to escelate, but they cant make the first attack.
If the US had of fired on them and killed some sailors, would they of come out and said the US fired indiscriminatley for no reason?... there's a good chance...

Good on the US for holding their ground....
It could of gotten out of hand quickly...

I bet Cheney's peaved.

The thing Im wondering, is how Russia will react.

I think Russia's backed Iran quietly behind closed doors.

'' if your attacked, we'll defend you ''

I think Iran believes should something occur, the USA will be beaten, because It cant take on Russia & The ME, especailly in its current position (Economical and Military)

So they tried to start the conflict.

I bet Putin will be fuming at Ahmadinejad..

telling him he cant force them to attack or the deals off.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This was Iran trying to provoke a conflict so they could have said that the U.S. started it. And of course a large majority of you here would have fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Do you think Iran does not play the propaganda game?

BTW, America would not start a conflict right now because of the President traveling to Israel, so just another reason why this was Iran attempting to light a fire.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Don't agree much with your views, but I had to give you a star for your last post, which I found totally reasonable.

Also, DoctorWhoFan makes an excellent point about why would the U.S. want to start something while Bush was travelling to the region.

So many people here are obviously on their "automatically blame the U.S. for everything" mode that it's refreshing when even "foes" such as bodrul and souljah (first post) offer fair and balanced assessments of this situation.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Do you think Iran is the only country that plays the "propaganda game?" Also, who controls the propaganda machine in the western hemisphere?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Do you think Iran is the only country that plays the "propaganda game?" Also, who controls the propaganda machine in the western hemisphere?

intrepid,

Thank you for your voice of reason.

We are ATSers and should be able to tell propaganda no matter what side it comes from.

The mainstream media loves to divide the 'peons.' We are not intelligent enough to know what is really going on, so we are force fed bullcrap about how we should invade this and that country.

We need to stop with this left/right bickering and focus on the issue at hand....Propaganda from both sides of the aisle.

Iran, Israel, the UK, US, no matter where the information is coming from has been filtered to some degree...

Information filtration ruins our freedom of speech and makes us all look bad.

Remember, the US military is the source for this news story. When have they ever lied?

Has our government ever lied to us? And then admitted that they lied? What about our news?

Nothing crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico right?
Al Gore invented the internet
. Need I say more?

Deny ignorance folks.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I think the posters point was to remind everyone that iran could also be playing the "propaganda game", so don't just take their statements at face value either.

OK, so who do you think does?

IMO, the liberal print and TV media that calls Bush a liar no matter what he does is cancelled out by conservative radio that still (wrongly) thinks Bush is some kind of saint.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join