It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I applaud the lead Officer of that group of U.S. ships for not hastily completing the order to attack, because those stupid Iranians almost popped off World War III with that stupid crap.

All he would've had to do was take the threat seriously and he would've been WELL within the rules of the military to attack, and then you'd have war.

I am SO DAMN GLAD that the Officer kept his finger on the trigger but didnt press it, whoever he is, he should get a freaking medal, no wait, a nobel peace prize. Sheesh.

I totaly agree with this comment.

I also hope that all those US members of the forum that slated the UK navy personnel captured by the IRG and said they were soft for not opening fire.......i hope these members take note that despite popular opinion, the US military can thankfully at times show sensible restraint too.

CX

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Perhaps the only bomb that need be dropped is of the EMP variety on the Cayman islands to wipe out those electronic accounts of those who would profit from a conflict with Iran?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by biggie smalls

On ATS we will always have those people that will label others
because they dont share their views and something we have to live with and at the same time we should take it as a compliment

Take it any way you want.

On ATS we will always have those people that will seem to go into "active denial" when their pet conspiracy theories go down the tubes. It's now obvious from the iranians themselves that this was no Gulf of Tonkin incident, but many seem to be willing to put their wishing it was so above their ability to process facts.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The commanders of both other USN vessels in that case are on record as stating of the captain of the Vincennes provoked the earlier confrontation with the Iranians during that incident, violated his ROE, and fired on a target while there was conflicting information about it's course and identity.

No, you need to look harder.

1. He did not violate his ROE, he exceeded them when he gave chase into Iranian TTW.

2. What he did in "provoking" the Iranians was no worse than what other ship captains were doing in the area at the time.

3. As far as the information he had when he gave the order, the fault was not with him, but his watchstanders. You might want to try to read his account of the incident, or the official Navy account, sometime.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

to be honest im not into conspiracy theories and most well everyone that i speak to know that so i dont really know much about that.

speaking of active deniel it seems to be on both sides
the neo facists who want nothing more to turn a situation into a larger one
and (i will use liberal since its become a norm here) will use anything to downplay it? Happy both sides of the debate are at ends
except the right wing are fast to label around here.

The White House warned Iran against "provocative actions that could lead to a dangerous incident in the future".

Iran played down the event, describing it as an "ordinary occurrence".

"The issue is resolved after both sides recognise each other," foreign ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said.

Official media also reported the US statement about Iran's allegedly threatening behaviour with scepticism, implying that Washington was exaggerating the incident.

now the Iranians say its a mistake and the US says it wasnt.
lets see what comes out of this ah?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It's rare
, but I sort of agree with you on this one. I tend to dismiss those on either side that respond to the first person questioning them with insults and/or name calling. Shows that they can only regurgitate sound bites and that they have no depth to their thinking whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Somewhat off topic but:
I thought the cia discredited the bush administration when they said that iran stopped producing nuclear, biological and chemical weapons several years ago.

Back on topic:
Could it be that US navy is trying to provoke an attack on iran by keeping their vessels within iranian waters? Seems plausible. To be honest, I don't see anything serious developing out of this but it seems that the bush administration is bent on middle east domination...oil to be more specific!

Hopefully, they only have a few more months in office till the democrats take over and restore logic. Sorry if am being rude but I think the world has suffered enough of their bs!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Totally agree. TPTB are so desperate to get the ball rolling on their agenda that they will try to desperately ram-rod anything Iran does as being "war-like" just to initiate their never-ending agenda of never-ending wars. Hopefully the public doesn't buy into their BS like with Iraq.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Apparently not according to Iran;

An Iranian official has dismissed Washington's claims that IRGC speedboats harassed three US navy warships in the Strait of Hormuz.

The US vessels approached the Iranian boats in the Persian Gulf on Sunday, warning they were in the red zone, the official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Press TV on Monday.

He added that the Iranians had asked the warships to identify themselves, as such radio communications are usual between vessels in the Persian Gulf.

Although the Pentagon claimed that US sailors were given orders to open fire on the Iranian boats, the official confirmed no hostile encounter took place.

source

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Back on topic:
Could it be that US navy is trying to provoke an attack on iran by keeping their vessels within iranian waters? Seems plausible. To be honest, I don't see anything serious developing out of this but it seems that the bush administration is bent on middle east domination...oil to be more specific!

No one has reported that the U.S. Navy violated iranian waters during this incident. Perhaps you are confusing what happened here with an earlier incident?

Hopefully, they only have a few more months in office till the democrats take over and restore logic. Sorry if am being rude but I think the world has suffered enough of their bs!

Potentially really bad news for you then. With Hillary considering dropping out to save face for herself and Bill and Obama pretty much unelectable, you're likely now to have at least 4 more more years of a Republican president.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm just waiting to see how this story (Two F-18s crash in the Persian Gulf) may tie into the naval confrontation...any ideas or speculation???

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is it just me or the US Iranian propaganda machine started again?

"Iran attacking US war ships. Oh my God World War 3!!!" While there were no casualties, no bullets fired or anything. This is just media hype. Hype for what some might ask?

Even if the Iranian ships attacked, I still don't consider such and act an EXCUSE to wage a war with Iran. Please do not be fooled by a small incident and taken into a full scale war with Iran.

All Bush wants now is a excuse to invade Iran and start World War 3. Please do not accept any excuse for war.

Right now the best excuse USA has is "Iranians are evil, we must attack them!" This just shows what agenda USA has with Iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

With Hillary considering dropping out to save face for herself and Bill and Obama pretty much unelectable, you're likely now to have at least 4 more more years of a Republican president.

Oh goody, just what this thread needs, more political sniping and propaganda, YAY!

And while I'm no fan of Hillary, and neutral at best on Obama, I think you're kidding yourself btw

[edit on 1/7/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
No one has reported that the U.S. Navy violated iranian waters during this incident. Perhaps you are confusing what happened here with an earlier incident?

If they did violate iranian waters would you expect cnn(or any other mainstream american scource) to report it? I don't think they will would. Ever since 9-11, american journalism has become heavily censored. You should travel to europe or other countries to see what I am talking about. For example, BBC reports are much more accurate and honest than CNN...I used to like cnn but now I cant stand it anymore because its always this and that in iraq, afghanistan, iran, north korea etc. Very boring and BS!

Originally posted by centurion1211
Potentially really bad news for you then. With Hillary considering dropping out to save face for herself and Bill and Obama pretty much unelectable, you're likely now to have at least 4 more more years of a Republican president.

I don't care for hillary but I would like Obama to win and I think he has a decent chance!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You selectively left out the part of the quote I was responding to in an attempt to make it look like I opened the political pandoras box on this thread.

Nice shootin' (yourself in the foot), tex.

And check this out for background on Hillary bailing out ...

ATS Thread

[edit on 1/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
With all these several thousands of tons of United States Navy ships in the Persian Gulf, it is indeed weird, that this kind of incidents do not happen more often. Especially in the tight straight of Hormuz. But looking from Iranian point of view, it is quite understandable, why they are nervous. Wouldn't you be, with all these ships sailing in and out, directly by the the country you live in? I know I would be - imagine several Russian naval task groups patrolling the seas in front of New York? Well I think not. Anyway, we still have no idea what happened, because in any case we just have to belive either the U.S.Navy (who I do not belive) or the Iranian Revolutionary Guard (who I do not belive too). So, what happened is really, kind of, not important anyway - because the media will just take this current incident and create a big hype. Even if there were several similar ones, that we do not know of. But that was the general idea right? We got people talking and arguing here. Well done. Moving on...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

No, I should have made it clear I was replying to the whole line of conversation, including EarthCitizen07's post.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Well said Souljah... I was just thinking the same thing (what's also funny is that I was thinking about your username last night...Soul-Jah.. Soldier of Jah... Irrelevant I know)

The media has done quite a great job dividing us into factions.

What makes this country great is our ability to provide dissenting opinions on just about anything without fear of jail time (well, until the Patriot Act 1 and 2, thanks Polytikians).

No war has been started between Iran and US, so as far as I know, all is well.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If the U.S military wanted to provoke a war with Iran, they would've fired upon the ships, when threatend. I'm glad we didn't fire upon the ships.

For the people saying that there is no chance for Iran making the first move, why not? If Iran feels that the U.S is going to move against Iran, why wouldn't they make the first move?

I don't know why Iran would make a move with five gunboats, unless they had something up their sleeve if the U.S attacked those ships. It might be an accident, it might not, but the important this is that nothing happened.

I honestly don't think Bush is going to wage war on Iran. Sure he wants to, but we're busy in Iraq and Afghanistan. It makes no sense attacking a military like Iran's when you're hands are tied around the world, unless a draft occured. I doubt the U.S Government authorizes a draft because of what happened during Vietnam.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A new false flag beginning?

Just before the 2008 US elections... who would have thought that?

Two things come to my mind:

1 They really think we are stupid and know we will swallow this crap (they have again, and again eg Pearl Harbour, Vietnam, Iraq...)
and

2 With the new thought crime bill in the US would I be considered for saying this?? Read link here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

watchZEITGEISTnow

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join