It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My nephew is posessed by a nasty demon!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Jinni

Thanks for proving my point. Those plant extract don't cure the cold or flu, they simply ease the symptoms. Compare that to medicine, where you can get a flu vaccine which stops you from getting flue. The cold can't be cured by science or by plant extracts, however both can offer relief.

As for your nonsense about antidepressants, yes, there is a correlation between people on medication and people getting worse, but that is no fault of the medicine, but the fault of the intrinsically-difficult nature of treating a mental illness.

I didn't misunderstand a word you said - I simply saw that you are confused or ignorant about the efficacy of medicine. I tried to rectify that, and instead you reply yet again, highlighting said confusion/ignorance for all to see.

Gaining people's experience and accounts is the first part of any scientific study that is to be conducted.

Just imagine that's what we are trying to do.

We are trying to initiate some scientific study once it is found that there are significant number of events that correllate.

P.S. There are lots of scientific forums out there you know. I'm sure you won't get depressed with those. If you feel so strongly why do you suggest what posters in all these threads do! rather rub your depression and misery on them.

Be constructive scientifically.

Ok?

Happy boy now?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Of course - gaining stories is a great place to start, but it's a far cry from being able to get evidence to support the claims. The stories can be used to construct a testable hypothesis, which in turn can be demonstrated by an experiment, which if successful, will turn the hypothesis into a scientific theory. And make whoever did it as rich as nazis.

This is supposed to be a scientific board. See that word "study" next to "paranormal"? Exactly. You can't study something if you don't use the scientific method, otherwise all you end up with is an illogical mess devoid of structure, rationale, predictions, and ultimately evidence.

But if you want to run around and pretend to be a GhostBuster or Demonologist or whatever it is folks think they are when they blurge their opinions on boards without any evidence, then fine - go ahead. Just don't be surprised when no-one learns anything.

And this isn't depression and misery, but annoyance that people are trashing science, just to save their delicate misconceptions about the world. I can't help it if science is going to rain on the parades of all the self-professed Vampire Slayers, Psychics, Mediums, and Basset-Summoners. That's their fault for believing in stuff that is not supported by a single shred of evidence.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Jinni

Of course - gaining stories is a great place to start, but it's a far cry from being able to get evidence to support the claims. The stories can be used to construct a testable hypothesis, which in turn can be demonstrated by an experiment, which if successful, will turn the hypothesis into a scientific theory. And make whoever did it as rich as nazis.

This is supposed to be a scientific board. See that word "study" next to "paranormal"? Exactly. You can't study something if you don't use the scientific method, otherwise all you end up with is an illogical mess devoid of structure, rationale, predictions, and ultimately evidence.

But if you want to run around and pretend to be a GhostBuster or Demonologist or whatever it is folks think they are when they blurge their opinions on boards without any evidence, then fine - go ahead. Just don't be surprised when no-one learns anything.

And this isn't depression and misery, but annoyance that people are trashing science, just to save their delicate misconceptions about the world. I can't help it if science is going to rain on the parades of all the self-professed Vampire Slayers, Psychics, Mediums, and Basset-Summoners. That's their fault for believing in stuff that is not supported by a single shred of evidence.

Getting stories is a start... That's what we can start off with in this forum.
Eventually, it will get noticed, people may invest etc. etc.

So as part of the study we need accounts. I haven't seen you or your posts take them anywhere (scientifically i mean).

I'm sure everyone here would like scientific closure on their cases. However, there is no one to direct such a cause for every thread that appears. And it doesn't help to beat down anybody who posts where you are certainly a culprit in this.

I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of your rant.

Thanks for nothing.

Back on topic people!!!

CLAIMS OF POSSESION BY A NASTY DEMON.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

The accounts can only be used to form a hypothesis, and so far all the accounts can easily be explained by misunderstanding munane explanations. There are no hitherto-unknown or undescribed discrete phenomena mentioned anywhere in this board.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sir, YOU ARE CORRECT!

The demons or devils that Christ cast out of men women and children too,
did not suddenly disappear from the earth; and yes they do haunt you in
your sleep and yes they can affect the physical world. Read the book of Job.

Many of those who are trying to pass you off as mentally unstable or irrational
are themselves possessed and doing exactly what Satan wants them to do...
discredit you (and me).

Get that demon possessed little bastard out of your house and away from your family
until he has been truly rid of that filth.

Ignore the oh-so-rational liars who contradict this.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join