It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

must have books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I was wondering if you guys thought it might be a good idea to start a thread purely dedicated to suggesting books on any topic discussed here on ATS that you find helpful, interesting, or essential to a specific field of research. This topic could be anything from paranormal phenomena to current events, but again I want to stress the the main theme of this thread would be book recommendations. Let me know if I am posting this in the right place or if there is already such a thread that I have not seen yet. Thanks

p.s. thanks for pointing me in the right direction with this Kinglizard.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll get the ball rollin'.

here are my choices:

The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
1984 by George Orwell
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Some personal favorites:
The Dark Tower series, The Stand and It by Stephen King, Breakfast of Champions and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you very much for getting this thread started Roland
. Although these books are great, I have read many of them myself, I am looking for posters to recommend books that are not purely fiction or fantasy. Books on the out of body experience, Paranormal phenomina, extra terrestrials religion, etc. But again thank you for your post

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs

Anything by Jaques Vallee

Enter the Valley by Chris OBrian

of course there are many others but I'm sure others will have more suggestions.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks Whaaa! i will definitely check these out! if you are into the out of body experience, I found the books by Robert Monroe very interesting. Also I feel that if you are into U.F.O or extraterrestrial phenomenon at all you should definitely check out "Communion: a true story" by Whitley Strieber. Many people have probably already read this book and I had been meaning to for a while..I am glad I finally got to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Read some stuff by Terry Pratchett, he has a pretty good way of mixing fantasy with satire, nearly always a moral to the story.

top topics

join