It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown about to run into ID card chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Brown about to run into ID card chaos

www.express.co.uk

He is about to make his already dire situation even worse. Until last year, I was broadly in sympathy with the theory that only those with something to hide would fear the introduction of identity cards and a database. However, since then, HM Revenue and Customs lost the addresses and bank details of 25 million parents. The confidential records of hundreds of thousands of NHS patients and staff and three million learner drivers have been lost.

The sex offenders’ register lost more than 300 serious criminals. The criminal records bureau wrongly labelled 2,700 innocent people as having criminal records. Yet in spite of this appalling record, Gordon Brown seems determined to pursue his vision of Big Brother centralised information-gathering.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Lets hope Brown really has a hard time with this, what with people doing all they can to destroy the speed cameras (Gatsos) and all the new info people are waking up to regarding the NWO.

This ID card scheme really must not take off. It must be nipped in the bud before it goes any further. This is not just a financial disaster waiting to happen, it is the SAFETY of everyone who would be on the list that is more important.

Notice I did not say security. I'm sick of hearing about it... I'm quite capable of securing mine and my own thank you very much.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I can't say I feel any sympathy for the Prime Minister on this issue.

ID Cards are an unjustifiable scheme to strip away our civil liberties, and should be scrapped. I had hoped Gordon would have decided to get rid of them by now, especially after the HMRC fiasco. Let's hope he sees sense soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am really glad to hear you guys from the U.K. saying this I have often wondered if you were all just sheeple over there cause everyone seems to think it is okay that the government takes away your civil and personal liberties at an alarming pace...

at any rate good to see that someone over there is paying attention and looking to stand ground finally...

We here in the U.S. are going through similar things daily I guess we will wait and see what happens..

Best of Luck
Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't like this guy he gives me the creeps, at least Tony blair didn't do that.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

three million learner drivers have been lost.

So it's not all bad news then!!

Bloody learners...

Monkey

I live in China I have an ID card - so what, big deal. Can't remember the last time I even used it for anything. No different to having a passport these day really is it.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If the ID ever becomes mandatory, I'll be straight down to the Registrar's office to fill-in a change-of-name application to 'Mr. Screw TheNationalIdentityCard'

...should have some fun if/when I'm stopped in the street by the rozzers for a producer!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

That's a laugh!
Civil liberties and freedom in the US? You really must be joking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovepolitics.com...

The US is a country with one of the highest per capita prison rates in the world, and with nearly the highest number of executions per year, not to mention the massive government surveillance of its citizens, lists of "undesirables" and the hugely oppressive patriots act, and that's before race and gender even enter the discussion!

When the UK becomes as oppressive as the US and nothing is done, then you can make remarks about "sheeple" but I suggest you look in your own back yard first.

In theory, an ID scheme is a sound idea - replace lots of documents with just one - in practice I don't think it will work, not least because of the governments incompetence in keeping information confidential.

The UK is one of the few countries in the world where it is not a legal requirement to carry ID - long may it continue.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by budski]

new topics

top topics

join