It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird construction at night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I live in a small historical city, New Bern, NC. Over the last couple of late late nights (I wont explain what I'm doing up so late for
), I have heard extremely active construction going on at the road in front of a federal court house. which is about a block away from me. Ive been here 3 years and in no part of the town does construction go on at this time of the night (3 am), and this crew has just recently started working at night. This is in a small historic district with lots of rich yuppies who would not be very happy about being woken up. I Have also seen bomb shelter signs still there from the 60's located at a certain entrance of the building. Is it possible that they are needing to do sensitive construction that they just can't afford many, if not all people to see?

Maybe I have an over active imagination...but there are a lot of supportive clues suggesting its highly sensitive. What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It does seem strange they're doing loud construction at night. The most plausibe explanation is that doing construction during the day would intrude on the work inside the courthouse. That makes the most sense to me.

If your suspicious, though, I'd go on a walk and take a look at what their doing.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by TheScribe]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Maybe.
I would think that they were just trying to get this work finished ASAP so they are working round the clock.
It CAN'T be 'covert' if they make enough noise that you can hear them from blocks away

More likely they want to get done so as to not interrupt peoples schedules anymore than they already are....the mess and stuff ya know.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
cool, thanks for the quick reply guys!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I am going to be anal about it though. I'm going to check the zoning ordinance / laws for this city. It must be strict. I'll get back to this thread when I find out more about what determines being able to work at night past a certain time.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
ok , the obvious questions :

1 - what is the nature of this construction ? can you view the schedule of work @ the planning dept ??

2 - is it being done ` in the open ` or behind screens or under tentage ?

3 - is the work 24/7 or only @ night ? as stated it is possible that the work cannot be done during office hours for some reason - pssibly because they have to turn of power / water ??

as an example a new road bridge is being built near me - and after 6 months of daylight only work involving over 150 personel - in the last 2 weeks the ` action ` has now switched to night work - the reason - they are extending the final spans - which cross rail tracks and work cannot be carried out while trains are running [ upto 15 / hour ] so they are working @ night when all passenger services cease - and they can reschedule freight

top topics

join