It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your perfect movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What I mean by perfect movie is: Excellent story/acting/possible action/great ending. Most movies that come out today, suck. Some are alright, but something is just thrown in that spoils it. Or they are not as realistic as they should be. Most comedy movies are not funny, they are so stupid I'm sitting there like wtf? Not even funny. Like those Will Ferrell movies are so stupid, I don't even watch them. I don't get why/how he is so funny.

So does anyone have a perfect movie that you like?

[edit on 7-1-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Unique and realistic. And by realistic I don't mean 'could happen in the real world'.

A movie could have a completely CRAZY storyline, but if the director makes it seem realistic, then I love it. Great example, Batman Begins. Never could happen, but it seemed like it was real.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It just so happens, while laying home sick this past week, i watched a few of my favs. So here goes.

"The Green Mile". Tom Hanks is one of the most versatile actors around IMO. I know its a Stephen King book made movie. But its just a great all around flick.

"Shawshank Redemption" Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman. Nuff said. Another Great Flick.

"Patton" I like ww2 flicks and its always a tie between this one and "Midway" when im in the mood to watch a favorite.

But these are just a small part of what i like. Mainly my Favs.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Boondock Saints. No Suagr Coating, no choir boy action or language, the two brothers seem very real and what they did, well, they got lucky which they even admit to in the movie.

Another would have to be Dawn of the Dead Remake. More brutal, more psychological, and of course the good guys lose. Damn tired of good guys winning all the time.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Meet Joe Black is the greatest of all movies. Gets me every time.

Fox

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

I don't think I've ever thought so hard about a movie before. And that's exactly what I want when I finish a movie.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"Night of the Iguana"

Written for a stage play by Tennessee Williams and
brought to life on the silver screen by Sir Richard Burton,
Deborah Kerr and Ava Gardner. Classic stuff dealing with
the human soul. I was so smittin with this film I made a pilgramage to
Puerto Vallarta.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
JAWS.

Every actor and actress perfectly cast. The dialogue is natural yet riveting. And, at the end, includes the first modern "action-hero line": "Smile, ya son of a...".

The big city cop suddenly the (proverbial) big fish in a small pond. The rich "college boy" (Hooper) and the old salt (Quint) playing perfectly against each other without being cartoonish (as could easily have happened in the hands of a lesser director). The stubborn mayor who was doing, in his mind, "what was in the best interests of the community".

Quint's description of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis, alone, would make this film a must-see. I saw this movie many times in the summer of 1975 and never miss the chance to see it when it airs on TV.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A perfect movie has a perfect ending where everyone lives happily ever after, such as any romance mixed with science fiction and fantasy. This includes no dry eyes in the theatre. Below are three I've enjoyed:

Forrest Gump (1994)
The Joy Luck Club (1989)
The Color Purple (1982)

Anything that has to do with those stupid props of blood and gore found in horror flicks is a waste of money and valuable brain cells. Oh yeah, this includes any movie that has a predictable ending (like the good guys will always win) or full of violence as found in those aggressive action-packed adventure types.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Two movies that come to mind as being pretty much perfect for me are:

Brazil (1985) directed by Terry Gilliam

Just a really amazing movie all in. The set design, the characters and even the story really appeal to me. Truth be told, I even enjoyed the ending although it was a little unusual but it got me thinking about what I'd seen and what I should have expected.

Kikujiro (1999) directed by Takeshi Kitano

A really heartwarming and geniunely funny film about loss, redemption and one almost perfect summer trip. Some of the characters in this one are very memorable and Takeshi Kitano in the lead role is just amazing.
It's pretty much a flawless movie all in with everything including the music coming together perfectly to create what I'd say is a masterpiece.
Definitely one of Kitano's best.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by ProGe]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Some good ones listed in this thread. I can't argue with Shawshank or Jaws.
There are lots that I would consider perfect in their own right. The Usual Suspects was fast-paced, lots of action and intrigue, with a real twist at the end.
Another that needs mention is Lonesome Dove (not the TV series). When I say all star cast, I mean All Star Cast. It makes you laugh, makes you cry, tragic and yet triumphant in the end.

top topics

join