It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs or Camera problems?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
if its a digital could be just dust particels your picking up if your useing an slr check your lens for crap also takethe lens of and look on the mirror for crap n dust stuck to it

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by SE7EN]

FYI, Dust on the mirror won't affect the pictures.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82

ok, now you can't tell me this is dust. and it isn't reflections off of anything, because i don't hang anything crystal-like in my windows, my blinds are always shut. there are many 'orb' like things in this picture. the two i put squares around are on the doorframe, or on multi surfaces, so they wouldn't be perfect circles if they were a reflection. It also can't be dust, cause it sure as heck dosn't look like dust.

Another indication that you have a cheap (and dirty) camera lens is the low contrast of the picture.

BTW I see a vacuum cleaner in the picture, how long before you took the picture were you running that thing?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yeah, it could be all those things you mention, but the thing is that day, i was taking pictures of my house to send to my parents, and that is the only room that had those 'orb' type things. there was no bed to jump on, or couch to jump on either!! i took lots of pictures that day. all with the same camera, all the same type of focus, and all without the flash, and thats the only picture they came up in. any time i take a pic of my living room, it has those 'orb' things in them. I also have on from my wedding day, that was taken by a proffesional photographer, with an 'orb' thingie right infront of the people in the picture. A PROFESSIONAL!!! So you can't tell me that a proffesional has dust in their lens, and crap like that.............

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
yeah, that was a cheap camera, and no i didn't run the vaccume that day, but even with my new digital, and by a proffesional, the 'orb' things are still there............

you can't blame everything on camera problems

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is my experiment in pictures (for a limited time only)

Room before jumping on the bed:

Room after jumping on the bed:

Big difference yet all the orbs look the same. Mind you I just took the picture after jumping on my bed. The one with the two little orbs was taken a few months ago. I destroyed the similar images of the first experiment because they made my "I have a ghost in my apartment" stories less credible. And I thought they cheapened the experience of taking a picture with just an orb or two in it.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Big difference yet all the orbs look the same. Mind you I just took the picture after jumping on my bed. The one with the two little orbs was taken a few months ago. I destroyed the similar images of the first experiment because they made my "I have a ghost in my apartment" stories less credible. And I thought they cheapened the experience of taking a picture with just an orb or two in it.

I think this theory is the one that makes the most sense...they had just sat on the couch so perhaps that stirred dust, and viola..orbs, that would also explain why they "moved around" and some pics had several some pics had one...to answer previous camera questions, it's a digital with auto focus, and a zoom...so that could explain why the pics look "out of focus" the auto focus was focusing on the dust..
cool... thanks folks.....

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
yeah jumping on bed stirred up the dust and the light refracted off the dust or something and thats all it is. Either that or a bunch of angry dust mites.. As for the weird faces pic and the one with the odd black oval. The second one could be legit but the first one looks like a developer dropped some chemicals on it accidently and messed up the photo. I know that some chemicals when used at the wrong time during processing can cause similar features. What happened was that the chemical was splashed on it and walah "orbs" are formed.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

wow, i guess you could be right, but i just tried the same experiment, with and without the flash, on my digi cam, no 'orbs' at all, not anywhere at all, even after jumping on both my bed and couch. not even one little 'orb' thing. which makes me wonder about your pictures, but also makes me wonder why dosn't my new camera pick it up like the old one did. maybe its just such a good camera (which it is) that it dosn't pick up the dust. ......................

who knows, no one knows anything for sure, but those pics insite posted sure do make ya think against the whole 'orb' possiblility

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
orbs actually happen to be tiny government stealth camera orbs developed by kgb spies during the cold war.There use spread as the downfall of the berlin wall came to be.They have spread through out the world which is why they are somewhat commonly found in photos takin by unsuspecting induviduals.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
wow, i guess you could be right, but i just tried the same experiment, with and without the flash, on my digi cam, no 'orbs' at all, not anywhere at all, even after jumping on both my bed and couch. not even one little 'orb' thing. which makes me wonder about your pictures, but also makes me wonder why dosn't my new camera pick it up like the old one did. maybe its just such a good camera (which it is) that it dosn't pick up the dust. ......................

What's to wonder about. I have no agenda, I'm just a curious skeptic when it comes to this particular phenomenon. I think your new camera might be the key since the digital camera I used to take the pics is so old it has moss growing on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What's to wonder about. I have no agenda, I'm just a curious skeptic when it comes to this particular phenomenon. I think your new camera might be the key since the digital camera I used to take the pics is so old it has moss growing on it.

lmao, moss. i always thought that it was spirits or something, every house ive ever lived in, someone has killed themselves in. this house, so far, i can't tell, although there used to be a slaughter house for pigs, in my side yard. but i have yet to see any other 'orbs' in my pictures with my new camera.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainMooPoo
yeah jumping on bed stirred up the dust and the light refracted off the dust or something and thats all it is. Either that or a bunch of angry dust mites.. As for the weird faces pic and the one with the odd black oval. The second one could be legit but the first one looks like a developer dropped some chemicals on it accidently and messed up the photo. I know that some chemicals when used at the wrong time during processing can cause similar features. What happened was that the chemical was splashed on it and walah "orbs" are formed.

When my friend was taking photography, I used to help her with her time in the darkroom. Not only can you mess up the actual photo, you can mess up the roll of film. One of the biggest problems is if you leave 1 single solitary bubble in the developer, and since the film is still in a roll shape, the bubble can ruin about half the roll--that's why they make you shake it occasionally. Anyway, you could do the entire roll of film and the photo NOT be the mistake, yet still have an accidentally tampered photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join