It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalization of drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I truly believe that to help eradicate the drug problem, drugs should be legalized. Now before you reply to this thread, have a good think about this. Before i go on, i am from the UK so i am accustom to the NHS and free healthcare. Now, back to the point. If ALL drugs were legalized and available over the counter, they would be sold in the same manor as alcohol where the trader requires a licence. This would mean that all of the drug money in the world would be snatched out of the hands of criminals and put into a legal system. this would see a decrease in crime due to drugs being available over the counter and no demand from the consumer to the criminals due to the availibility in a legal way. with the extra money the goverment makes with this money, they could put more money into the NHS to fund 'get off drug' schemes. Therefore, the money for the drugs is being put to use to help these people, it is a flawless cycle that could only come out with positive results. Any questions or views i would be happy to hear

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Star + Flag

I 100% agree with you shmoo,
I have nothing really to add because you have basicly sumed up a perfect drugs legalasation scheme
Well, i have a little thing to add lol
While some people may say legalizing drugs and using the money to fund "get of drugs" clinics or what have you, So people may say this is a bit hypocritical
However maybe the govmnt. could have databases of people who are legaly allowed buy drugs and those who are in these "clinics" and whenever you go to buy whatever drugs you want, you are checked weather your on the list that your allowed buy them or the list that your not

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

Well i wouldnt say it was hypocritical to do such a thing because drugs are everywhere and very easy to get, we all know this, just as easy to get as if they were legalized. The clinics/rehabilitation facilities already exist, but by legalizing drugs, the goverment is just permitted more funds to improve such facilities

new topics

join