It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a picture of the virgin Mary? W/Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
A picture taken by a 12-year-old Kirkland girl during the holiday week in December surprised her family by capturing a mysterious object.
The girl, her family and her 15-year-old friend were staying at cabins overlooking a river in Winthrop when the incident occurred.
At sunset, the girl was experimenting with a new digital camera she had received as a gift.
The girl and her 15-year-old friend took pictures of each other, snow on the trees and snowflakes at night. At one point, they saw an object moving and tried to capture it on camera.
When they saw the picture on the camera's screen -- a mysterious object depicted in the photo, surrounded by darkness -- they ran inside to the cabin.

Looks real to me.

Link to photo........
www.kirotv.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Yes it looks very real, this is true, but no more real than clouds can look exactly like bunnies, cars, and dragons. It's just too subjective to be deemed by myself anyhow, to be anything more than natural coincidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't know- it could be a fortuitous anomaly of wind and reflections off water/snow droplets. I could easily make a fake like this in Photoshop, and I am not a pro. It is pretty, though.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It could be a fake I agree, I would not know how to make this but if someone could replicate it that would be great just show how easy it might be. I found this on coasttocoastam.com if anyone wants to do more research.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

This story is already listed in the general conspiracies forum. There are a few comments there already.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
It could be a fake I agree, I would not know how to make this but if someone could replicate it that would be great just show how easy it might be. I found this on coasttocoastam.com if anyone wants to do more research.

Yeah, If I say I can do it I should put my money where my mouth is. I snapped the photo right after reading your post. I have left the power lines in there so you know it is a different photo. Also- the figure is approximate. I didn't paint it the exact same way so you know it is my fake and not a copy and paste. This is not my best art, lol.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I real professional could duplicate it exactly I am sure

[edit on 6-1-2008 by raven bombshell]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It is nothing like the original image but it was a nice attempt at recreating it. I suppose the original photo could have been made by a pro. Thanks for the photo!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
It is nothing like the original image but it was a nice attempt at recreating it. I suppose the original photo could have been made by a pro. Thanks for the photo!

Thanks. I didnt really try for a duplicate because the way it is you KNOW I didnt copy and paste. I snapped a photo and created from scratch.

Also- the photo could be real but of a natural phenomenon and not a ghost. I am not a hard core skeptic, but I am very distrusting of photos and videos.

new topics

top topics

join