It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHANGE - The New Buzzword for 2008?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is January and I am already tired of the word CHANGE, it seems that both major parties' candidates are wrestling for the title of the bringer of CHANGE.

I have to exclude the GOP candidate Paul & DEM candidate Kucinich from this rant because I have heard their platform and they both qualify for the category of CHANGE, IMO.

What I am tired of already is the rest of the field arguing who is really the candidate of CHANGE.

Romney, Giuliani, Clinton, Obama, Edwards, Thompson, Huckabee.....

..."ch ch ch ch changes, tryin to fool the voters, changes".....

It all depends on what the definiton of change is..........

While I am not entirely sold on the fact that a President really changes anything, what do you as a member of Above Politics consider CHANGE?

Is it that we are so diverse on issues that every single one of the candidates can claim this mantra?

I am sure anyone who cares about the path that we take as a country will have their own particular feelings on what constitutes CHANGE.

I am interested in your honest opinions on what CHANGE means to you.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

As a Brit following the American 2008 election, change to me would be a change of foreign policy, doesn't have to be drastic just a little less "trigger happy", keep all out war as a last resort.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only candidate that would bring real change would be Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The candidates throws that crap out there so the average Joe can get behind something. Isn't it a shame that we always need buzzwords, or in Bill Clinton's case, a Fleetwood Mac song to give us a bandwagon to jump on? I can't even listen to that freakin' song anymore. Thanks Bill!

If I was a politician I would tell the people that, if elected, I'm the candidate most likely to get whacked. I'd win in a landslide.

Real change = whacked

Peace

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think you are sick of the word 'change' because you know when these candidates utter it, it rings more and more hollow. Real Change is too much to stomach. It is also probably too much for most to deal with.

Maybe a Black President or a Woman will pacify the masses for a while...
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How could a candidate not win if they were to commit to abolishing the IRS. Eliminate income tax and implement a federal sales tax. I mean it's not rocket science! I think this platform could garner 65% of the general electorate.

Becker

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't think Obama is totally serious about the job. I think he is interested in making the history books as the first black president. But he talks about "change" more than anyone.

Change? Just a catchy buzzword. Change what? Even those that propose abolishing the IRS are just dreaming - they'd never get past first base with that.

new topics

top topics

join